Mr. Sanchos or Playa Mia

kcep02

We will be the only ship in port if that makes a difference and we are traveling with our daughters that are 8 and 10. I would the all inclusive for my husband and myself as we would like to have a few cocktails.

My guess is they would love Playa Mia the most. We have been to both with our little one(s) and they had a blast.

I have complete reviews of both places listed in my signature line with TONS of pictures at each. They both have the water toys in the ocean, but Playa Mia has the water area and the water slides. :) Let me know if you have any questions.

My guess is they would love Playa Mia the most. We have been to both with our little one(s) and they had a blast.

I have complete reviews of both places listed in my signature line with TONS of pictures at each. They both have the water toys in the ocean, but Playa Mia has the water area and the water slides. :) Let me know if you have any questions.

Mitsugirly, First, let me tell you that I have read all your Cozumel'a reviews. Thank you very much for all the information, it is really very valuable.

We were thinking to go to Playa Mia, the water-park is a big selling point for my daughter (8 yrs old). I just noticed in your pics that the lounge chairs don't really have umbrellas, the only shade is provided by the palms, and there are not too many of them. The umbrellas seem to be only on the tables. I ask because my husband needs shade (fair skin way too sensible to the sun) Can we have umbrellas on the lounge chairs? Did you see anyone having them there?

Mitsugirly, First, let me tell you that I have read all your Cozumel'a reviews. Thank you very much for all the information, it is really very valuable.

We were thinking to go to Playa Mia, the water-park is a big selling point for my daughter (8 yrs old). I just noticed in your pics that the lounge chairs don't really have umbrellas, the only shade is provided by the palms, and there are not too many of them. The umbrellas seem to be only on the tables. I ask because my husband needs shade (fair skin way too sensible to the sun) Can we have umbrellas on the lounge chairs? Did you see anyone having them there?

There were some chairs with umbrellas (I never really paid attention since we spent a lot of time in the water), but do see some in my pictures:

IMG_0165-L.jpg

I do know when we got there we picked some loungers by the trees and it worked well when we didn't want to be in the sun.

Back by the big pool and the water park area, they have tables with umbrellas that we used when we were back there.

P5120133-L.jpg

Of course you could move those chairs along the wall into the shade and follow the shade when needed.

Then you have the area that you can eat in or sit in and it's under a huge roof with plenty of tables and chairs.

P5120180-L.jpg

The hubby and my daughters boyfriend didn't have a problem finding shade to take a nap. lol

IMG_0137-L.jpg

IMG_0164-L.jpg

Thank you Mitsugirly, we will figure it out. Will try to get lounge chairs close to the palms or ask for an umbrella. Last resort, will sit in a table, no a big deal. Hopefully we will have the place for ourselves like you had it.

We're trying to make the same decision between Mr. Sanchos and Playa Mia. We have a wide variety of ages all the way from 7 to 67 with several teens in the middle there. If it was all adults traveling, it would be Nachi Cocum hands down but I think our kids would be bored there.

Do you know how many ships are in port the day you are there yet?

I'm thoroughly kicking myself for not finding this board sooner. I can't get enough of your reviews, Mitsugirly!!!! Although for some reason I can't access your review of Nachi Cocum - the link takes me to Chakanaab. If you can repost the link, I'd love to read up on it!!

We're leaving Saturday so I'm scrambling for last minute information and soaking in as much as I can before I focus on just soaking in some sun. We're also on the fence between Nachi Cocum, Mr. Sanchos, and Playa Mia. It's just three of us, my DH and our daughter who is 7. She doesn't snorkel so I've pretty much crossed Chakanaab off the list. Based on your reviews of Mr. Sanchos and Playa Mia, it's sounding like Playa Mia may be our best bet? There are two other ships in port on the day we dock

Edited by GLily

I'm thoroughly kicking myself for not finding this board sooner. I can't get enough of your reviews, Mitsugirly!!!! Although for some reason I can't access your review of Nachi Cocum - the link takes me to Chakanaab. If you can repost the link, I'd love to read up on it!!

We're leaving Saturday so I'm scrambling for last minute information and soaking in as much as I can before I focus on just soaking in some sun. We're also on the fence between Nachi Cocum, Mr. Sanchos, and Playa Mia. It's just three of us, my DH and our daughter who is 7. She doesn't snorkel so I've pretty much crossed Chakanaab off the list. Based on your reviews of Mr. Sanchos and Playa Mia, it's sounding like Playa Mia may be our best bet? There are two other ships in port on the day we dock

Oh my gosh. I didn't realize that. I'll have to go back and check the other links too. I did some rearranging the way things were ordered in my signture line and must have put down the wrong link. I'll look for it and correct. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I think Playa Mia would be perfect if you have a little one...especially if there are only 2 ships in port. You will probably have the place to yourself just like we did. It was great.

Here it is...it starts around post #379

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1755846&page=19