Suggestion to NCL for Hero Cards

hpecorari

But just because you have to complete the rest of the card doesn't mean they didn't ASK YOU to do it. While having the person's name filled in for you can be innocent, it can also be because they are soliciting hero cards. As long as you fill out your own card, they are off the hook for any wrongdoing. Why try to get them in trouble?

I'm not trying to get anyone in trouble. The title here for this thread is "Suggestion to NCL for Hero Cards.

I made a suggestion. Some can like it and some don't have to like it. It was a suggestion. NCL is the one that matters.

You've never made or had a suggestion?

Harriet

I'm not trying to get anyone in trouble. The title here for this thread is "Suggestion to NCL for Hero Cards.

I made a suggestion. Some can like it and some don't have to like it. It was a suggestion. NCL is the one that matters.

You've never made or had a suggestion?

Harriet

I'm sorry. I should have said "why chance getting them in trouble?" I didn't think that's what you would mean to do. :o

I like the idea of the card being filled out if a guest asks. What I don't like is the cards being included with the daily papers. I don't know why but that is such a turn off to me. It feels like begging. I'm experienced enough on NCL that I know where to get the card. The steward should know that. ;)

Maybe you had an over anxious steward? Used to be that once during the cruise one card was delivered in case a guest wanted to fill one out. In our experience anyway we've never had multiple cards coming with the Daily. In fact, on Breakaway in Jan. we never got even one delivered.

Had to seek them out at reception. They didn't have them out on the desk but were around the corner on a shelf. Kind of hard to find and even know what they were all about if you didn't already know. I put a suggestion in the HD box that they resume sending one to the cabin. (Maybe it was my steward?)

Like others have said, the cards can lead to nice recognition and rewards for the crew members.

Personally I liked when they were called S.T.Y.L.E cards as "Vacation Hero" really sets the bar quite high.;):D

Thanks for the idea about taking a photo of the badge! I carried my phone with me out of habit even though it was in airplane mode.

I like the idea of the card being filled out if a guest asks. What I don't like is the cards being included with the daily papers. I don't know why but that is such a turn off to me. It feels like begging. I'm experienced enough on NCL that I know where to get the card. The steward should know that. ;)
I was not an experienced NCL guest, so I would have been fine with the cards being included in the Freestyle Daily. There was enough junk in them one more thing wouldn't bother and I wouldn't have thought that it came from my cabin steward looking for good comments but as just part of the Daily packet. I did experience a begging moment and that really turned me off. I had one given to me by a crew member who was hosting a tasting on a sea day. It was dropped on my table at the end of the tasting and s/he was definitely begging for a card. I used it for someone else who really deserved it.

But just because you have to complete the rest of the card doesn't mean they didn't ASK YOU to do it. While having the person's name filled in for you can be innocent, it can also be because they are soliciting hero cards. As long as you fill out your own card, they are off the hook for any wrongdoing. Why try to get them in trouble?

I'm not sure management actually has a legitimate concern with staff soliciting cards. As a statistician, I've worked on a number of surveys, ranging from completely voluntary to packing a hefty fine for non-compliance, and can say with much experience, no matter how many times you ask, no matter how easy you make it, no matter how you reward or punish people, they are absolutely not going to fill out a card/form/survey if they do not want to.

I like hpecorai's idea. While it would likely lead to a number of trashed cards (which I expect is actually management's concern), for someone like me, who can't remember names, faces or how to spell almost anything, this would be of great help.

Hello -

We have a recognition program attached to the Vacation Hero comment cards. We don’t encourage crew to pre-fill any cards for guests, as it may appear as a solicitation. So, we prefer guests complete these cards at their own leisure.

We suggest asking a crew member “could you please write your name for me?” and then you would have the correct information to complete the card.

Every month, we tally all the cards received from guests, in our “Top Comment Card Earner” program. The crew members that receive the top amount of cards and guest recognition are invited to a photo session on the Bridge with the Captain and ship’s management.

They’re also entered into a raffle where they can win Spa Treatments, Shore Excursions, Specialty Dinners or a full day off.

We are very proud of our crew and appreciate you taking the time to recognize them!

Sincerely,

Norwegian Cruise Line Public Relations Team

Thank you for responding. ::slapping self in head:: I would never have thought to just ask the crew member to fill out his/her portion for me!

How easy and simple! LOL

Harriet

Hello -

We have a recognition program attached to the Vacation Hero comment cards. We don’t encourage crew to pre-fill any cards for guests, as it may appear as a solicitation. So, we prefer guests complete these cards at their own leisure.

We suggest asking a crew member “could you please write your name for me?” and then you would have the correct information to complete the card.

Every month, we tally all the cards received from guests, in our “Top Comment Card Earner” program. The crew members that receive the top amount of cards and guest recognition are invited to a photo session on the Bridge with the Captain and ship’s management.

They’re also entered into a raffle where they can win Spa Treatments, Shore Excursions, Specialty Dinners or a full day off.

We are very proud of our crew and appreciate you taking the time to recognize them!

Sincerely,

Norwegian Cruise Line Public Relations Team