South Pacific out of Australia mid year

Sapphire57

That looks awesome. Where are they??

Cascades are in Port Vila :)

I just realised that although we were talking about Vila you weren't actually stopping here :(

Keep this in mind if your next cruise comes here.

Edited by Bellamariya
Added information

Typical. ..we're not going there. Suva Noumea, Isle of Pines, Mystery island and Denarau....any waterfalls at any of them??

I haven't been to Suva or Denarau so someone else will have to answer that question.

Don't remember waterfalls at the other three. Mystery Island is one of my favourite places to snorkel off the beach and Isle of Pines has snorkeling at the Natural Aquarium which is stunning.

I haven't been to Suva or Denarau so someone else will have to answer that question.

Don't remember waterfalls at the other three. Mystery Island is one of my favourite places to snorkel off the beach and Isle of Pines has snorkeling at the Natural Aquarium which is stunning.

Well it looks like I will have to be happy with snorkeling....it's on the bucket list. :D

Now I just have to get a waterproof camera so that I can take pics of the lovely fish, any suggestions? ? :rolleyes:

. It will have to be waterfalls another trip...gives me a good excuse.....not that one needs an excuse to book another cruise. :)

Karen

Well it looks like I will have to be happy with snorkeling....it's on the bucket list. :D

Now I just have to get a waterproof camera so that I can take pics of the lovely fish, any suggestions? ? :rolleyes:

. It will have to be waterfalls another trip...gives me a good excuse.....not that one needs an excuse to book another cruise. :)

Karen

All of my pics were taken with an Olympus Tough.

At Suva, you can do the "Jewel of Fiji" tour. This can be done via the ship's tour or privately. This tour is a longboat ride up the river to a large waterfall where you stop for swimming, you also stop in at a fijian village and experience kava and fijian dancing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi sapphire,

My family went on the carnival spirit oct 2013 and had a blast. There were my family, me 43, dh 45, dd15 and ds11, and my mum 65 and mil 67 and we all had a blast. We toured suva and port Denauru. We had organised private tours throught great sights fiji, as my son is in a wheelchair, at port denaru we had a look at the Veisei village which is the first landing/settlement in Fiji and looked at the orchid gardens ( which were fabulous if you like orchids) and the shopped at nadi.

In suva we toured the museum which was interesting but not rivetting, and went through a local market where dd and Mil tried Kava, not a lot in Suva to see, so a tour outside of the city might be the go. Great sights offer many different types and can tailor one for you. the driver and guide we had were fabulous.

as for noumea we went with gateway tours, with alfred and genivieve, and again had a really good day. We checked out the aquarium and Jean marie Tjoubou cultural centre, then had lunch at a local patissierie and then toured around the city for a look, but again they are happy to tailor a day for you.

We loved mystery island and Isle of Pines where my hubby and daughter tried their hand at snorkelling for the first time.

We also had an extended balcony on deck 7 and loved the location.

You will have ablast.

Any questions feel free to ask

Cheers maree

Hi sapphire,

My family went on the carnival spirit oct 2013 and had a blast. There were my family, me 43, dh 45, dd15 and ds11, and my mum 65 and mil 67 and we all had a blast. We toured suva and port Denauru. We had organised private tours throught great sights fiji, as my son is in a wheelchair, at port denaru we had a look at the Veisei village which is the first landing/settlement in Fiji and looked at the orchid gardens ( which were fabulous if you like orchids) and the shopped at nadi.

In suva we toured the museum which was interesting but not rivetting, and went through a local market where dd and Mil tried Kava, not a lot in Suva to see, so a tour outside of the city might be the go. Great sights offer many different types and can tailor one for you. the driver and guide we had were fabulous.

as for noumea we went with gateway tours, with alfred and genivieve, and again had a really good day. We checked out the aquarium and Jean marie Tjoubou cultural centre, then had lunch at a local patissierie and then toured around the city for a look, but again they are happy to tailor a day for you.

We loved mystery island and Isle of Pines where my hubby and daughter tried their hand at snorkelling for the first time.

We also had an extended balcony on deck 7 and loved the location.

You will have ablast.

Any questions feel free to ask

Cheers maree

Thanks Marree it sounds great. I have already decided that I am going to habe a great time and do and see stuff I haven't coz I haven't been there before. I am a glass half full person. When it gets closer I am sure that I will have a ton of questions.

Karen