Pan Am Pier to Old SJ

easy_123

As we will be arriving late the day before embarkation, I was wondering how difficult it would be to "check in", drop our luggage and then go and spend a few hours in Old San Juan. We will be on the Jewel of the Seas.

How difficult would it be to go from Pan Am Pier to Old San Juan? And what would be the best way - there is some other form transportation than taxi?

Thanks,

Stan

As we will be arriving late the day before embarkation, I was wondering how difficult it would be to "check in", drop our luggage and then go and spend a few hours in Old San Juan. We will be on the Jewel of the Seas.

How difficult would it be to go from Pan Am Pier to Old San Juan? And what would be the best way - there is some other form transportation than taxi?

Thanks,

Stan

It is easy. Typically your cabin will be available about 1 or 1:30 PM. You can get on board earlier than that, but you may not be able to stash your luggage right away. Lots of people go off and come back on. Just check with security so you take the proper ID.

For most people taxi is the best way. The only other transport I can think of is walking. I don't think it's as horrifying as some people seem to feel, but it takes a lot of time which might be better spent enjoying the attractions of Old San Juan.

Thanks,

Stan

It looks walkable on a map, but taxi is the way to go. I have a short video clip that gives perspective as to how far it is. You will see the Victory docked in OSJ, and its a long walk all the way to the right.

It is easy. Typically your cabin will be available about 1 or 1:30 PM. You can get on board earlier than that, but you may not be able to stash your luggage right away. Lots of people go off and come back on. Just check with security so you take the proper ID.

For most people taxi is the best way. The only other transport I can think of is walking. I don't think it's as horrifying as some people seem to feel, but it takes a lot of time which might be better spent enjoying the attractions of Old San Juan.

You can't walk. (well technically you could, but trust me...spend the $25 and take a taxi).