Check in time at airport- Gatwick - Genoa

jessie36

Hello Jessie

We are also travelling to Genoa on the same date from Gatwick at 6-30am - The cruise personaliser says we have to be there 3 hours before take off i.e. 3-30am !!

We are staying in a premier inn or similar the night before opposite the North terminal and hope to get just a few hours sleep. Thursday promises to be a long day................

Have a lovely holiday - At least we will be in Italy within two hours or so

Martin and Jean

Edited by Martin and Jean
missing date

I've not been on a P&O fly cruise yet, we're travelling on the same day from Cardiff. I'm planning to be there 2 hours before, I've pre-booked our seats and it's a very small airport.

We had an early-ish morning flight on a Cunard charter from Heathrow last year, we got there just over 2 hours before and it was plenty of time. The queue was horrific but it moved fairly quickly.

Hello Jessie

We are also travelling to Genoa on the same date from Gatwick at 6-30am - The cruise personaliser says we have to be there 3 hours before take off i.e. 3-30am !!

We are staying in a premier inn or similar the night before opposite the North terminal and hope to get just a few hours sleep. Thursday promises to be a long day................

Martin and Jean

Indeed it will, the ship sails on Wednesday ;)

i have a 7.40 am flight to Venice from Gatwick and will be staying in the premier inn opposite the north terminal. Up at 4am and catch the shuttle to south terminal for the flight.

I thought our flight was early at 7.40 not sure what hubby would have thought about 6.30 !! Hope you all have a relaxing flights and a fab cruise .

Hello Jessie

Martin and Jean

Can anyone advise if we have to be there 2 or 3 hours before departure.

It's coming up to Bank Holiday when the airport will be busy. If you miss the flight you miss the ship too. I'd aim to be there 3 hours before - just in case.

I thought our flight was early at 7.40 not sure what hubby would have thought about 6.30 !! Hope you all have a relaxing flights and a fab cruise .

Thanks Jessie - Hope you and your husband have a great time also - This last week seems to have flown by and now only a couple of days to go - Lovely itinerary and fingers crossed for warm weather....

We have decided to stay overnight too, should mean we don't have to be up so early and will have breakfast once we are through. Fingers crossed we all have nice weather, good food, a non full ship and plenty of relaxation. Have a great cruise:)

Our flight to Venice on 23rd April advised check in 3 hours before. We got there a little bit before the 3 hours and check in was already open. No queue and no hassle .