Returned money

whatevergoes

Morning. We are a group if nine traveling in May to Bermuda. Three if the nine are sharing veranda cabin. One if the three girls is now unable to attend due to family illness. She didn't buy insurance!! She paid the third person fare. Will get money be returned to her, none of it returned to her if will Celebrity apply the money to the cost if the cabin for the other two girls? None if them bought insurance. Thanks!!!

if it is within 14 days of the cruise she will lose the entire cruise fare except taxes, tips and port fees, but I don't think the others will be expected to pay anything extra. If it is outside the 14 days she will lose 75% of the cruise fare.

Edited by Gracie115

The other two in the room will not have to pay additional. The girl cancelling will lost most if not all the cruise fare paid likely 75% depending on the actual cruise date. If under 14 days she will lose all the cruise fare. She will get back any prepaid gratuities, taxes, port charges she paid.

In the past (not sure if it's still done this way) you could cancel the 3rd in the cabin right up until the end with no penalty and got $$ back..

Husband was not sure if he could get home for cruise..we put him in as 3rd in cabin..unfortunately he could not make it and we got all our $$ back..the only thing is..usually the 1st & 2nd fares are higher and the 3rd is less..if they split it evenly between the 3 of them then the 3rd will only get back the reduced 3rd person fare. if it were $1000 each for 1 & 2 and 3rd was 600..total $2600..but they each paid $866.66...she will only get $600 back.

Of course I'm sure this varies by cruise line as does everything in the cruise industry..

Edited by cruz1234
add info

I would call celebrity and confirm. I asked the same question, we are bringing our daughters boyfriend with us on our upcoming cruise in July, he will be the third in the cabin with my son and daughter. My question was "if something happens and he no longer exists, when would the deadline be to change his name to a girlfriend?" My celebrity rep said that if we need to cancel his cruise for whatever reason, because he is the third person in the room we will get our money back. I even asked if it was after the final payment was due and she said yes. I have always received great information and assistance from her, and I really do trust her answers. Having said that, I was surprised to hear that we would get a full refund, so it wouldn't hurt to ask. I would also say the sooner the better. Keep in mind that if they had planned on splitting the room equally three ways, the other two will be paying more for the room.

First two pay a lot more then the third.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

In the past (not sure if it's still done this way) you could cancel the 3rd in the cabin right up until the end with no penalty and got $$ back..

Husband was not sure if he could get home for cruise..we put him in as 3rd in cabin..unfortunately he could not make it and we got all our $$ back..the only thing is..usually the 1st & 2nd fares are higher and the 3rd is less..if they split it evenly between the 3 of them then the 3rd will only get back the reduced 3rd person fare. if it were $1000 each for 1 & 2 and 3rd was 600..total $2600..but they each paid $866.66...she will only get $600 back.

Of course I'm sure this varies by cruise line as does everything in the cruise industry..

I guess we were responding at the same time. I am glad that you confirmed what I was told. Although, I don't expect anything to happen between the two, you never know. It actually made my daughter feel better knowing that if he had to cancel, we wouldn't be out of pocket. It's her 18th birthday present to bring him along. Of course 2.5 years ago at the planning stage, when we told her she could bring a friend, I had no idea it would be a boyfriend!! Lol

I guess we were responding at the same time. I am glad that you confirmed what I was told. Although, I don't expect anything to happen between the two, you never know. It actually made my daughter feel better knowing that if he had to cancel, we wouldn't be out of pocket. It's her 18th birthday present to bring him along. Of course 2.5 years ago at the planning stage, when we told her she could bring a friend, I had no idea it would be a boyfriend!! Lol

LOL...guess we were responding at the same time..oh yes..know the feeling of the boyfriend going on family trips..Hope it all works out and I'm sure everyone will have a great time..We actually had 2 adj rooms reserved one time for just 3 and had paid like 1.75 for the 2nd cabin with just 1 person..at last min about 5 days before cruise DD decided she wanted to bring a friend..since we had already paid the 1.75 it was only about $75 for her friend to come :)