Please Comfort Me!

kpgibbs

We were 24 on our first HAL cruise, 27 on our second, and will be 31/32 on our next one this August. We have had children with us these past two cruises. We have NEVER had a problem with the age demographic, and have ALWAYS had an amazing time. :D

p.s. We, too, are very active people and have done a good number of very active excursions.

Edited by AlohaPride

The walker and scooter think doesn't bother me. I understand people have issues. I was just stating what I read. I even read that most cruise ships have a morgue with two freezers. Someone popped off and said HAL has to have 12 freezers. Which I thougt was very rude.

We got a behind-the-scenes tour of the Eurodam and yes, there is s cold storage area where they keep bodies (up to 3, if I remember correctly). At the time they were storing cut flowers in there ;)

We got a behind-the-scenes tour of the Eurodam and yes, there is s cold storage area where they keep bodies (up to 3, if I remember correctly). At the time they were storing cut flowers in there ;)

So - , this intrigued me and I googled [and we all know that ONLY the truth is on the internetz/googlemachine

http://io9.com/5919875/what-happens-if-you-die-on-a-cruise-ship

Cruise ships are required to carry body bags, and maintain a small morgue. This morgue is not merely additional space in a ship kitchen's freezer area, but a separate area for storing the bodies of deceased passengers. Most ships dedicate more space than needed, featuring individual refrigerated units for six to ten bodies.

Edited by Mytime2014

Just a note on the active excursions - I signed up for a 2 mile beach hike on Carnival in St. Maarten, and it was cancelled. I think people who are taking a cruise sometimes just aren't that active in general (preferring to relax and unwind). Those types of excursions are cancelled on many ships, not just HAL.