Getaway Comedy Show

kapeavey

I noticed there are two comedy shows a night on four nights of our sailing. Are any of these shows repeat performances? I can't tell online. For example if I book two 11:00 shows that week, will it be a different show?

Thanks CC!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

First, you will only be able to reserve one comedy show per sailing. Once you board the ship, should you like to see a show more than once, you can do so. But you may only reserve once.

The comedy show varies slightly. They do a show for families, a show that is mostly improve (which will change each time) and a show that is a bit improve and the rest skits.

First, you will only be able to reserve one comedy show per sailing. Once you board the ship, should you like to see a show more than once, you can do so. But you may only reserve once.

The comedy show varies slightly. They do a show for families, a show that is mostly improve (which will change each time) and a show that is a bit improve and the rest skits.

One comedy show per night, or is it one show that is kinda the same for the entire cruise!? I thought their would be lot more!???

One comedy show per night, or is it one show that is kinda the same for the entire cruise!? I thought their would be lot more!???

The show that is 90% skits will be the same for the whole cruise (other than the small amount of improv stuff). The improv shows will obviously differ based on what they get to work with from the audience.

The Getaway does not have Second City (improv group) - just regular comedians. There were 2 onboard our sailing and they said that each show was pretty much the same. So Comedian A performs his/her same show several times per sailing, Comedian B performs their own show several times, and then there is one show with them together. The combined show has different material from each comedian than the solo shows (although during the combined show each comedian still performs separately).

So overall there are 3 separate comedy shows you can see which would each have unique material. Hope this made sense!

There are two comediens and they each have a "before 11" show and and after one. But you will hear some of the same material if you see the same person. It wasn't word for word the same, but lots of crossover. They did include the audience a lot so that will mix it up depending on who they are talking to.

Can anyone confirm that more than one comedy show per cruise can, in fact, be reserved in advance online? I understand limiting guests to one reservation of Legally Blonde, for example, but obviously different comedy shows throughout the week will each feature different material.

Edited by hscruiser

We don't plan to book a comedy show ahead of time because we don't want to get too tied down with reservations. Can anyone comment on how easy it is to get in to these shows either without a reservation or with getting one last minute - like the same day?

Can anyone confirm that more than one comedy show per cruise can, in fact, be reserved in advance online? I understand limiting guests to one reservation of Legally Blonde, for example, but obviously different comedy shows throughout the week will each feature different material.

I booked more than one online.

• 2 months later...