Booze!

Gybson

Thanks for the link. So if I'm reading it right, it says Bacardi is 5.75. Should I figure that as the price for a rum/coke or add in the cost for the soda? If you get it straight, is that a 1oz shot? I don't normally order liquor straight so I don't know what's typical.

If ordered as a rum and coke the coke is included.

I have a question regarding the cheers program, If we purchase this, do both me and my husband have to purchase it or can it be just one of us?

Thanks

Everybody over 21 in the cabin must purchase the cheers program. Which sucks because DW does not drink enough to make it worth it.

We're doing cheers, no surprising bar bills at the end of the cruise that way!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Depends on how you look at it. Getting a bar bill for $800 dollars for two people for a week of drinking isn't surprising, it's shocking ;)!

Everybody over 21 in the cabin must purchase the cheers program. Which sucks because DW does not drink enough to make it worth it.

I really don't understand why they do that. It seems like it would be the same as the soda sticker. Unless they just think people will share their alcoholic drinks and the potential loss of revenue is greater than with the soda? That would be $700 for a couple on a week cruise. I honestly don't know if we could drink that much!!! I guess the break-even point would be about 10-12 drinks total for the couple each day, no matter who drinks how much?

I really don't understand why they do that. It seems like it would be the same as the soda sticker. Unless they just think people will share their alcoholic drinks and the potential loss of revenue is greater than with the soda? That would be $700 for a couple on a week cruise. I honestly don't know if we could drink that much!!! I guess the break-even point would be about 10-12 drinks total for the couple each day, no matter who drinks how much?

that would be my guess

I`m Shocked, yes Shocked that the high horse folks have not given you a temperance lecture yet. We just smuggle~works every tyme!

We did that on our honeymoon and I ended up not drinking at all because I hated leaving what I was doing and going back to the cabin to make drinks

I'd rather be able to order at a bar

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

you can ALSO drink at the bar :-)

The only drag on the whole thing is the measured shots - lame - 15 drinks is only about a pint of liquor. Who can't drink a pint of liquor in 12 hours?

So I think I've changed my mind... I'm going to go with the cheers program. On the days we're in port (and the first day we sail) I'm going to "bank" shots of liquor in my room (maybe in a water bottle or something) to make up for the other days. Probably round out with one bottle of liquor per room as a just-in-case sort of thing.

Thanks a lot, guys!!!

So I think I've changed my mind... I'm going to go with the cheers program. On the days we're in port (and the first day we sail) I'm going to "bank" shots of liquor in my room (maybe in a water bottle or something) to make up for the other days. Probably round out with one bottle of liquor per room as a just-in-case sort of thing.

Thanks a lot, guys!!!

Probably want to make sure the "water bottle" is out of the way or clearly labeled or your very helpful and efficient cabin steward may accidentally dump and trash it. But that's an interesting variation on the beer bank plan.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Probably want to make sure the "water bottle" is out of the way or clearly labeled or your very helpful and efficient cabin steward may accidentally dump and trash it. But that's an interesting variation on the beer bank plan.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Good call! If we have a fridge I'll toss it in there or I'll cap it and stow it in my bag or something. They won't be going through bags once they're in the room. :)

My sister bought a bottle of coffee liquor on our first day and they said that they can't give it to her and that they will deliver it on the last day. Is that normal? Also, we bought little plastic bottles of spirits and put it in our toiletries bag, and it went through. Mix a mini bottle of cake rum with a cup of coke, yummy.

My sister bought a bottle of coffee liquor on our first day and they said that they can't give it to her and that they will deliver it on the last day. Is that normal? Also, we bought little plastic bottles of spirits and put it in our toiletries bag, and it went through. Mix a mini bottle of cake rum with a cup of coke, yummy.

That is normal. Any alcohol purchased in the funshops will be delivered on the last evening. So if you drink on the last night, you can bust into it.