Back and forth

jim1reed

Are their any cruise lines that only sail to and from Hawaii and the U.S. or B.C. without the tour around the islands?

Back in 1992 we sailed 5 days from Ensenada to Honolulu on a repositioning cruise on the original Pacific Princess. However I'm not aware of any recent cruises sailing one-way between Hawaii & the West Coast.

Are their any cruise lines that only sail to and from Hawaii and the U.S. or B.C. without the tour around the islands?

You're looking for a cruise from the West Coast (US or Canada) to Honolulu, and back to the West Coast without any other port calls in Hawaii? I don't think there are any. While sea days are revenue days for the line, I don't know of a significant demographic that would put up with about 5 sea days, one port day, and 5 sea days back. That would be more of a "world tour" kind of demographic, who would be looking to continue travelling onward, not return to the original port.

To check what's available in a particular region, I suggest you go to an online cruise site where you can search all lines at once.

I did take a look (out of curiosity) and did not see anything like what you asked for.

Looking to sail out, stay a week and fly back. That's all. Just thinking. I realize bahamas are a lot closer, thought maybe there a line similar to the one there that does regular runs back and forth.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

Hawaii is one of those places where you could easily enjoy two weeks (plus many more weeks)... suggest making this a land trip, fly there and back, and enjoy two weeks in Hawaii. I don't think you would regret it.

Hawaiian Airlines has a non stop flight from NY to Honolulu.

In two weeks, you could enjoy two islands ... or do one week on one island and the 7 day cruise on Pride of America that starts/ends in Honolulu and spends two days each at Maui, Kauai and the Big Island.

Edited by Susan-M

Looking to sail out, stay a week and fly back. That's all. Just thinking. I realize bahamas are a lot closer, thought maybe there a line similar to the one there that does regular runs back and forth.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

If that is what you are looking for, there are a couple of cruise lines that make one way cruises from Vancouver to Hawaii, or Hawaii to Vancouver. Since the cruise begins or ends in a foreign port, there is no problem with the PVSA. If you are looking to do your own time in Hawaii, you can book a cruise from Vancouver to the first Honolulu, and arrange with the line to disembark at the first Hawaiian port. There will be no refund of the unused portion of the cruise fare, however.