What would you be willing to pay extra for?

patty1955

Go to NCL and stay in the Haven.

You are 100% right, we need to return to the age of the great ocean liners with first class, second class and steerage. One of Celebrity's problems today is that the riff raff in inside cabins actually walks by those of us in suites bringing down the quality of the pool area. Imagine...those in outside cabins actually use the same public rest rooms. Oh my.....

Clearly there is a need for an entire dedicated suite area....

Yes, there actually is. When I am paying thousands and thousands of $ to cruise, I would like to be able to get a lounger and have some peace and quiet. You sound fun, btw.

Obviously, different strokes for different folks.

But for me, what I’d be willing to pay more for:

1.)Less passengers, OR more staff and other things that would keep lines shorter and crowds less.

This could be or boarding, leaving, buffet stations, buffet tables, deck space, BBQ station, whatever. Of course, I love all of you that I share the human race with but on vacation, the less of us the better imo :)

2.)Better Quality of Food. Be it fruits/veggies, meat quality, or preparation or even being served at proper temp... I’d would happily pay for better food,

3.)Anything that reduces any scintilla of ‘cattle’ factor.

Obviously, different strokes for different folks.

But for me, what I’d be willing to pay more for:

1.)Less passengers, OR more staff and other things that would keep lines shorter and crowds less.

This could be or boarding, leaving, buffet stations, buffet tables, deck space, BBQ station, whatever. Of course, I love all of you that I share the human race with but on vacation, the less of us the better imo :)

2.)Better Quality of Food. Be it fruits/veggies, meat quality, or preparation or even being served at proper temp... I’d would happily pay for better food,

3.)Anything that reduces any scintilla of ‘cattle’ factor.

Food at proper temp. AMEN! I dream of getting an entree piping hot without having to send it back where they just microwave it.

I agree with the BBQ station. It would be really nice to get a grilled sausage and pepper sandwich or bbq chicken from the hamburger grill. And it would also be nice if they didn't keep it a secret that they have turkey burgers and veggie burgers at the grill.

I would pay more for a private pool area for suite guests that is quiet, has better loungers and better service---give me a fruit kabob, wash my sunglasses, give me a cold towel .... offer me some fruit infused water, have the girls from Canyon Ranch offer foot massages while I am lounging.... how about a popsicle?

Visit a Four Seasons hotel! No free foot massages, and I don't recall anyone washing my sunglasses (although I'm sure they would have if I'd asked) but they set up the loungers for you with a pad and a terry cover, arranged your towels, and periodically come by with chilled towels, fresh fruit, popsicles, ice water, a chilled Evian spritz for your face etc. No additional charge, either. Of course, you pay dearly for the room, but you truly feel pampered while poolside. :D

I have looked into this in the past. THe ship only leaves from NYC in the winter and I am not willing to cruise in freezing weather for almost 4 days to get to the carribean. Thanks for the suggestion though! This is exactly what I am looking for X to create on their S class ships!

NCL has ships with a Haven that depart from Florida as well. I'm not sure what you are referring to by saying "the ship only leaves from NYC".

Celebrity will not create a true "NCL Haven" experience on the S-class ships. A new design would be required and I don't see that happening.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

NCL has ships with a Haven that depart from Florida as well. I'm not sure what you are referring to by saying "the ship only leaves from NYC".

Celebrity will not create a true "NCL Haven" experience on the S-class ships. A new design would be required and I don't see that happening.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

I thought only Breakaway had a true Haven and that I thought only leaves from NYC. I guess there are more ships that have Haven? I will look into this again. But also, the more junior suites are werdly laid out and small. Small balcony. They don't even have a separate bathroom, it is all open from what I recall.

The front of the Reflection and other X ships have an upper deck with a huge space. I remember looking up there and saying why don't they put a pool or hot tub or at least an outdoor shower so you can lay out here and cool off. It is a wasted space that could probably be used in a much better way and if they wanted to find a way to create more space with suite guests.

....a chilled Evian spritz for your face....

What? Chilled Evian spritz? Ordinary water isn't exclusive enough? That is way over the top! :eek: By the way, Evian spelled backwards is "Naive". Perhaps too appropriate? ;)

Edited by boogs

I thought only Breakaway had a true Haven and that I thought only leaves from NYC. I guess there are more ships that have Haven? I will look into this again. But also, the more junior suites are werdly laid out and small. Small balcony. They don't even have a separate bathroom, it is all open from what I recall.

The front of the Reflection and other X ships have an upper deck with a huge space. I remember looking up there and saying why don't they put a pool or hot tub or at least an outdoor shower so you can lay out here and cool off. It is a wasted space that could probably be used in a much better way and if they wanted to find a way to create more space with suite guests.

Actually most, if not all have a Haven, sans the restaurant, they still go to Cagney's for breakfast and lunch. I got to see the Haven on the Jewell and it was awesome.

What? Chilled Evian spritz? Ordinary water isn't exclusive enough? That is way over the top! :eek: By the way, Evian spelled backwards is "Naive". Perhaps too appropriate? ;)

I know, it's crazy LOL. Some time after that experience though I actually came across a travel size Evian mister/spray can (looks like spray sunscreen cans but travel size). I can't remember if it was in a store with the travel size toiletries or maybe came in a goodie bag from some event or something, but I kept it. I don't ever use it but sometimes I tuck it my pool bag at home just to pretend in my mind that I'm back at the Four Seasons pool. :D