Sailing the Dawn

Don't pack one. I've read here that they will end up in the naughty room as they are against fire rules. Also read that one can borrow an iron for a short period of time through the steward, although I've never been that industrious myself. I just hang stuff up and stubborn things hang in a steamy shower stall.

I've packed a travel iron multiple times. No problem. Plus, NCL will loan you an iron. I don't understand this longstanding perception that irons are somehow prohibited.

Maybe this was a rule in olden times?

I've packed a travel iron multiple times. No problem. Plus, NCL will loan you an iron. I don't understand this longstanding perception that irons are somehow prohibited.

I guess you bring candles also.lol

I would be reluctant to give such advice to a new comer. 99% of the people that cruise know that irons are a no no.

According to the NCL Guest Conduct Policy, it is prohibited to bring a clothing iron on board. See "Prohibited Items" on this page: http://www.ncl.com/faq/guest-conduct-policy

I think the reason they make irons available to borrow is that NCL has control over their ons, knows who has them in their cabin, and can make sure they are not left on accidentally by checking on them after a short time.

Robin

Okay, I was wrong. I still don't fully understand why they will loan one out, but you can't bring one aboard. Maybe because travel irons often don't have automatic shut-off mechanisms? My recollection was that they were not particularly aggressive about getting the loaned irons back, even after you called them. Dunno. End of hijack.

According to the NCL Guest Conduct Policy, it is prohibited to bring a clothing iron on board. See "Prohibited Items" on this page: http://www.ncl.com/faq/guest-conduct-policy

I think the reason they make irons available to borrow is that NCL has control over their ons, knows who has them in their cabin, and can make sure they are not left on accidentally by checking on them after a short time.

Okay, I was wrong. I still don't fully understand why they will loan one out, but you can't bring one aboard. Maybe because travel irons often don't have automatic shut-off mechanisms? My recollection was that they were not particularly aggressive about getting the loaned irons back, even after you called them. Dunno. End of hijack.

Because if they loan one out, they know who has it and they know to go get it. If you bring your own, they don't know about it. A fire hazard aboard a ship is serious business; please take it seriously.

Our brains work totally differently.

Because if they loan one out, they know who has it and they know to go get it. If you bring your own, they don't know about it. A fire hazard aboard a ship is serious business; please take it seriously.