Open Passage Concerns (Threads Merged)

Panderie

Guess we thought to venture away from Regent and while I love them they are not perfect either. So we will just venture to Oceania if we want something different, the customer service issues are at least a familiar demon, but the onboard experience is wonderful!

I hope you get these many many issues and questions resolved and from an outsider who looked in, if just for a moment, Azamara looks to have a very nice product.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Guess we thought to venture away from Regent and while I love them they are not perfect either. So we will just venture to Oceania if we want something different, the customer service issues are at least a familiar demon, but the onboard experience is wonderful!

I hope you get these many many issues and questions resolved and from an outsider who looked in, if just for a moment, Azamara looks to have a very nice product.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you Nana541, we will get the issues and questions resolved, I am sure. We look forward to welcoming you back someday.

All the best, Bonnie

Hi Nana541, I'm truly sorry if we've lost you because of this issue. I hope you'll come back to Azamara some day.

I wish there were a simple solution. I have seen a flurry of inter-office emails on this topic. Please know it is under discussion.

And for all of you who are wishing for a more thorough answer, I asked those above me for better wording to share with you using a specific booking that had a problem using the Open Passage. Perhaps this will serve as one example?

"The Azamara Open Passages program is combinable with promotions and programs offered by Azamara Club Cruises, with very few exceptions, such as industry rates and employee rates.

The Open Passages Certificates are also not combinable with certain third party travel agent offers or programs. This specific booking was made by a travel agency using such a program referred to as a Net Rate Program. This program allows a travel agency to create additional value to their clients by creating packaged vacations including other non-cruise components such as air, hotel, transfers, etc., not booked through Azamara Club Cruises.

Bookings made using such programs are not combinable with the Azamara Open Passages or any other discount or program offered by Azamara Club Cruises."

Perhaps this might serve as one example as you say. But this is not the example in our case, and we are still awaiting a positive and helpful response.

I have just posted the direct email to our UK Managing Director. He is offering to help on all individual complaints.

It is very obvious that some Passages are not being honored because of some type of discounted fare, but how would any consumer know that if they are not a TA or using an interline/industry rate.

I haven't had a problem (yet), but my biggest issue with Azamara is the fact that they do not understand that they have a communication issue with their guests regarding these Passages. I don't know what the big secret is. These fares much be coded somehow and/or part of specific promotions, number of promotions, or bundled packages. Why can't they spell it out. Then the consumer has the option to take the agents fare/promotion or opt for another one where they can use the Passage.

They should also have an option in place where one can use the deposit associated with the Passage just so they don't loose it regardless of whether they do not end up with any benefit. I have done this with Celebrity, where I used the Passage but did not get the discount (in the case of Celebrity that would have been OBC which you cannot get on Xpedition in Galapagos).

Hi Jade13,

Because of the issues that have arisen recently regarding this program we are reviewing both the program and the terms & conditions to ensure that the program is very clear to our guests.

Our onboard sales managers are being advised in the meantime to make abundantly clear to our guests what the combinability rules are.

And a post has just been made for guests in the UK to contact the Managing Director so that he can personally help resolve any issues.

Bonnie

Thanks for the further responses Bonnie. Whilst it doesn't totally answer the many queries raised, nor yet give the commitment that problems will be resolved before or after being encountered, it does provide hope and having a direct contact to the UK MD could be very worthwhile.

Hopefully that access won't be abused and I for one, will be delighted if we don't need to contact him at all when we come to book our next Azamara cruise.

Hi Jade13,

Because of the issues that have arisen recently regarding this program we are reviewing both the program and the terms & conditions to ensure that the program is very clear to our guests.

Our onboard sales managers are being advised in the meantime to make abundantly clear to our guests what the combinability rules are.

And a post has just been made for guests in the UK to contact the Managing Director so that he can personally help resolve any issues.

Bonnie

Hi Bonnie,

Thanks for responding to me. It is good to know someone is listening, and glad the terms and conditions are being reviewed.