Celebrity Drink Package Calculator - 2014

QE2_Fan

This was awesome...we got the premium package on our first X cruise on the Millenium and thought it was worth it...now I can clearly see that it DEFINITELY was...leave again in 3 days with the premium upgrade on Equinox

Don't think she has a Molecular Bar, but you sure could have some fun at the Martini Bar instead [emoji2][emoji483]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love martinis! I tried my first chocolate martini on Disney this year...let's just say, they didn't name it the "Fallen Angel" for nothing! ;) It's one of the main reasons I want to get the drink package... I just love experimenting with ALL of the alcohol on board!

Is it only S-class ships that have the Molecular bar? Or are they adding it to the M-class ships gradually?

I love martinis! I tried my first chocolate martini on Disney this year...let's just say, they didn't name it the "Fallen Angel" for nothing! ;) It's one of the main reasons I want to get the drink package... I just love experimenting with ALL of the alcohol on board!

Is it only S-class ships that have the Molecular bar? Or are they adding it to the M-class ships gradually?

Currently the Molecular Bars are only on the bigger S-Class Ships.

I have heard no plans of it being added to the M-Class Ships (Solsticization of the M-Class Ships was completed in 2013)

Next round of venue changes will revolve around Celebrity's new Suite Class... Rolling out April 2015. Both M & S Class Ships now have the new Michael's Club, and the Suite Class DR will be added shortly (most likely carved out of the MDR)

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...
For the OCD in all of us.... many thanks!!!!!!!

I'm still torn on which package to get for myself, personally. DH is probably solid with the Classic package since he's a man of simple pleasures. But I personally love trying anything and everything since that's part of the fun in vacations! I will definitely have to investigate further and try to put into tangible terms how much I ACTUALLY drink while on vacation ;) My last cruise on Disney... it's safe to say I don't remember a whole lot :rolleyes:

I'm sailing on Connie in April of this year... is the Molecular bar still only on S-class ships? because that sounds out of this world!!!!! I'll be disappointed if I miss out on that :(

Thanks again for this awesome spreadsheet!

Nicole

Nicole,

I just finished a 14 day cruise in the Southern Caribbean on Celebrity. I think the Classic drink package would be a good deal if, you drink specialty coffees, bottled water and soda in addition to alcoholic beverages. We only drank the basic drinks we our drink bill was only $700 for the two of us for the 14 days. Make sure you research and understand the differences between Classic and Premium. As an example on Celebrity, a $8 martini is included in the Classic package, but if you buy a $10 martini you have gone over the $8 allowance and must pay the full $10. On the Premium you only pay the amount over the allowance. Also don't to forget to include 15% on top of all alcoholic beverages in your calculations.

• 4 weeks later...

I

I love the calculator! Thank so much QE2!

im so glad so many are getting some value (or seeing value!!) from it. It may be soon time to upgrade (pardon the pun!!) the prices with the recent news of the increase of beverage gratuities from 15% to 18%.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

This calculator is a lot of fun but let me just ask a (perhaps) stupid question. When looking at all the menus to calculate our per drink potential costs, all I see are elaborate cocktails. What if you just order a gin and tonic? How much is that?? Or a vodka soda with a splash of cranberry? That is more our style for ordering drinks. I have no real idea how much we would be charged on a per drink basis for simple concoctions such as these. Anyone know??

This calculator is a lot of fun but let me just ask a (perhaps) stupid question. When looking at all the menus to calculate our per drink potential costs, all I see are elaborate cocktails. What if you just order a gin and tonic? How much is that?? Or a vodka soda with a splash of cranberry? That is more our style for ordering drinks. I have no real idea how much we would be charged on a per drink basis for simple concoctions such as these. Anyone know??

You are correct. Something like a G&T can be either included on the Classic or Premium Package , all depending on what type of Gin (or Vodka, Scotch etc etc) that you order. I see that you have been on recent Celebrity cruise so I imagine that you may be aware of what these cost. But if not, suggest you allow $8- (possibly less) for basic Gins and $12- for Top Shelf.

Hi snorkelphile!

Thanks for your feedback!

I think jveevers is pretty spot on, I would've said $7-8 for a basic mixed drink.

I have left my version of the calculator generic as did not want to get I to every drink scenario or price. But to approximate your spending I'd just add those drinks to one of the existing drink types (eg Cocktails) that has the SAME or Approx $ value listed. For the sake of the calculator that should work fine.

You can also modify any of the $$ values in the calculator , but when I update it I will take your comments on board and add 'mixed drinks' as an item both standard (for classic pkg) and premium (for premium pkg).

Cheers!

Edited by QE2_Fan

You can also modify any of the $$ values in the calculator , but when I update it I will take your comments on board and add 'mixed drinks' as an item both standard (for classic pkg) and premium (for premium pkg).

Cheers!

I think the drink calculator, along with any updates, should be a sticky!

I think the drink calculator, along with any updates, should be a sticky!

How do I go about making this a sticky??

Also I realised I can't ,update' the original post and file, so can only post updates as new posts which will appear within the thread. Is there a better way to keep the latest version visible?