Celebrity Drink Package Calculator - 2014

QE2_Fan

• 4 weeks later...

I can't believe that I can't figure this out but I have not been able to open any of the calculators. I have XL and open PDF's all day long but when I click on any of the links posted here, they don't open. Can someone help me out with this?

I can't believe that I can't figure this out but I have not been able to open any of the calculators. I have XL and open PDF's all day long but when I click on any of the links posted here, they don't open. Can someone help me out with this?

Hi John

It's a bit hard to day without knowing exactly what your doing, what platform (PC, Mac, smart device etc) however I've tested the link and it works fine on all of these. Maybe try to download the calculator first by right clicking the link and 'save target as'....but make sure you keep the '.xlsx' extension on the end so it knows it should open in EXCEL. I think I recall reading elsewhere on cruise critic that sometimes opening/saving filed from here it 'drops' the extension making it an 'unknown' file type.

Cheers Matt

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Definitely upgrade. No martini bar or molecular bar with the classic and the expanded wine selection was fantastic

With the Classic package non of the drinks at the Martini Bar or the Molecular Bar would be covered? I had a conversation with a Celebrity agent and she checked with (presumably) a supervisor and said that martini's and cocktails made with the liquors listed on the package would be included. Is this not the case?

With the Classic package non of the drinks at the Martini Bar or the Molecular Bar would be covered? I had a conversation with a Celebrity agent and she checked with (presumably) a supervisor and said that martini's and cocktails made with the liquors listed on the package would be included. Is this not the case?

Nothing at the molecular bar would be included. The Martini bar...there have been reports that you can get a smaller run of the mill martini but when we were on Solstice the end of April, the staff working the Martini Bar were told to stop serving any classic drinks, they were to become a "Premium" Bar. People weren't happy and I honestly don't know how that worked out, or whether they actually stuck to it or just carried on. The only small martinis I saw being drank at the martini bar where part of a flight, but I did see some classic beers being consumed. Solstice might have been a trial for a "Premium" only martini bar, I have no idea but you won't get anything at the molecular bar, they don't deviate from the menu and everything costs $12.

• 2 months later...

Lol

Just found this thread through another linked. Checked a typical cruise consumption, I like G&T's with Hendricks or Tanquery No 10 along with Grey Goose Martinis and a few beers through day on sea days, fresh OJ, pellegrino water with lunch and dinner plus nice wines and the odd premium cocktail .... DW also partial to Prosecco instead of my beers - I reckon with the 123 classic promo and $300 OBC which allows us to upgrade to Premium on board 2x $10+15%x11 nights = $253 we got a 11 night cruise in Concierge class cabin for less than our drinks bill !!! In other words Celebrity are paying for us to go on holiday ! ;-)

Lol

Just found this thread through another linked. Checked a typical cruise consumption, I like G&T's with Hendricks or Tanquery No 10 along with Grey Goose Martinis and a few beers through day on sea days, fresh OJ, pellegrino water with lunch and dinner plus nice wines and the odd premium cocktail .... DW also partial to Prosecco instead of my beers - I reckon with the 123 classic promo and $300 OBC which allows us to upgrade to Premium on board 2x $10+15%x11 nights = $253 we got a 11 night cruise in Concierge class cabin for less than our drinks bill !!! In other words Celebrity are paying for us to go on holiday ! ;-)

Lol that's a great way to look at it, definitely good value !! [emoji38][emoji51]

• 1 month later...
Hi All

I have got a lot of great information from these forums. A lot of it was related to working out the drink packages - how they work, whats included and most important - were they for us? I did find a calculator somewhere and I hope the OP doesn't mind but I borrowed it and gave it a bit of a 'refurb' :D - making it more generic to allow input for any cruise length and also specify different quantities of drinks for Port vs Sea days.

Whilst it is modelled of the Celebrity Cruise offerings, it could just as easily be used as a guide for RCI or other cruise lines offering similar packages.

The calculator is quite simple to use where by you start by entering total SEA days and total PORT days for your cruise. This should then auto calculate the TOTAL DAYS of your cruise.

You can then complete the two columns of per SEA/per PORT day - where you can "guess"timate how many of each drink you would likely consume.

The calculator does the rest - it will work out the total drink cost (including the standard 15% service tax) and determine which of the drink packages offers value to you as a result.

Packages that offer value will be highlighted GREEN. Those that do not (meaning you are better to purchase drinks 'as you go') will be highlighted RED.

The base prices for drinks are as current as I could source and effective MAR 2014. You can alter these should you need to - but it should be more than enough to provide you with an idea.

And thats just it - this calculator is a guide only - its not telling you YES you MUST order a package. Whether you do or you don't is purely up to you. For some it sounds crazy and expensive - for others they couldn't dream without going on a cruise without the Premium package.

Ultimately there is no RIGHT or WRONG choice - only YOUR choice!

ENJOY. Hope you find this useful, and THANKS AGAIN to the Cruise Critic community for all your help!

Great stuff. Thanks. Here is my concern. Based on your pricing it doesn't look like an issue, but with the Classic beverage package anything over 6,8,9 Beer, Cocktail, Wine respectively isn't covered at all. Are there Beers, Cocktails and Wines offered at that price that are worth drinking? More importantly, Do you ever find yourself at a show or some "she she" bar and have nothing on the drink menu in your price range? Seems easy to get some exotic frozen drink over $8.

Great stuff. Thanks. Here is my concern. Based on your pricing it doesn't look like an issue, but with the Classic beverage package anything over 6,8,9 Beer, Cocktail, Wine respectively isn't covered at all. Are there Beers, Cocktails and Wines offered at that price that are worth drinking? More importantly, Do you ever find yourself at a show or some "she she" bar and have nothing on the drink menu in your price range? Seems easy to get some exotic frozen drink over $8.

Hi ONEKZCARP,

I see you are new here... So welcome to Cruise Critic & Celebrity

The Classic Pkg offers up a lot of options...

Take a look at the Official Celebrity Bevvy List that CC Member CELEBRITY CRUISES (Official Rep - Social Media) posted here at the end of May 2014

Official Celebrity Beverage Pkgs (May 2014) = http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2048745

The majority of Bars & Restaurants on the ship are like those found on land, they offer a wide variety of items at many price points

The two spots where the Premium Pkg tho does seem to be an advantage is the Martini Bar & the Molecular Bar (latter on S-Class Ships only)... Because they serve larger drinks & those with more than one type of booze in them

Otherwise you will probably be fine.

Take a look at the link / lists, and decide if you are more into one list over another (Favourite Brandnames... Or perhaps a wider choice than just Domestic Beers)

NOTE - On the Classic Pkg if you order an item over the Max Price... You have to pay full price gor that item (ie $ 10 Craft Beer is going to cost you $ 10 extra + Grat on your SeaPass Account). On the Premium Pkg you order something over the Max Price... You just pay the difference ( ie $ 15 glass of wine, costs you just $ 2 on your SeaPass Account). So the upgrade to the Premium Pkg ($ 10 US per day / night plus 15% Grat = $ 11.50 US) can be quite cost effective if you think you might like higher level items occasionally.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Excellent tool! I'll be keeping track of what beverages I get on our cruise later this month. I am guessing there is a huge difference between what we normally consume (when we are "pay as you go") and what we will consume with our first beverage package.

Based on that, I will more accurately be able to fill out the spreadsheet.

All in the interest of research.

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks QE2 Fan. Very useful tool! Trying to decide whether to buy a Bev package for our TA cruise. Lots of sea days (8) - may be worth it. :)

Ingenious...truly helpful...thanks!

This is great! We got the Classic package when we booked, and I was debating about upgrading to Premium. This showed me that it will definitely be worth it.

Thanks for doing that.

It was a pleasure Everyone! Glad you all found it useful!

Excellent tool! I'll be keeping track of what beverages I get on our cruise later this month. I am guessing there is a huge difference between what we normally consume (when we are "pay as you go") and what we will consume with our first beverage package.

Based on that, I will more accurately be able to fill out the spreadsheet.

All in the interest of research.

LOL! Good on you! And of course its for the benefit of much needed research and feedback:p

I wanted to do similar and keep a log after having done the drink calculator originally to help myself determine if a package was value.

Well after coming back from 17 nights aboard Solstice a couple of weeks back all I can say is YES YES YES!!

If you like a a drink (alcoholic or non ) then a package is the way to go. We did quite a few non booze days and still got value after taking into account 2-3 bottles of Mineral Water, Fresh OJ at Breakfast, 2-3 speciality coffees throughout the day and a virgin cocktail or two in the afternoon. It was not hard - and I admit maybe I was conscious or 'tried' to get my fill on the first day or so but that soon went out the window - I simply didn't have to and just enjoyed myself and had a drink as/when I felt like it.

We had great dining table - both fellow diners and waiters - and on the first night our sommelier worked out we all had the package and we never had to give our card or request wine for the rest of the cruise.

He brought a selection each night based on our general consensus - red, white, sparkling and dessert wine/port. It was the most incredible service and experience. We loved lingering over a few glasses of wine, a most enjoyable dinner and great company - even our waiters would come and join us afterwards (we ate at late sitting so not many people left in the MDR!) for a jovial chat!

Most of the wines were within the package limited - we were treated to a few more expensive options some nights and we also had a few bottles that were not strictly available by the glass but as there were so many of us enjoying his 'suggestions' we easily went through 1 or 2 bottles at a sitting! I think we may have 'enjoyed' our beverage package quota just at dinner most nights :D :rolleyes:

And having no bill (but lots of itemised 0.00's) was also a great way to wind up the cruise - for convenience alone we would consider the package again without hesitation.

Edited by QE2_Fan

Hi OneKZCarp! You may have made your decision by now (Sorry I was away on our Solstice Hawaii/Sydney cruise enjoying our Premium Package :D) but you raise a good point about 'knowing' what is included or not between Classic and Premium.

You probably would get an idea once onboard and check a list and determined what cocktails/spritis you liked and were within the package limit. But in the theatre they don't have a list with them - you just order and if you are unsure and your ordered drink costs more than the classic pkg allowance - you will be charged the full price of the drink.

Sure you could ask them to make something 'within the classic package' or they may know and offer you suggestions - but personally I think its 'ALL TOO HARD'!! :D

The cost between the classic and premium is only $11.50 per day so once a decision was made to enjoy a beverage package I would just pay the small 'premium' (pardon the pun :p) and go Premium.

Then all those concerns and queries and 'what if's' just fly right out the window. And to get your $11.50 worth - just enjoy one of the fabulous martinis at the Martini Bar or try a fancy drink at Molecular Bar (I can thoroughly recommend the INDULGENCE if you like chocolate!!). Majority of drinks at these two bars are $11-13 - and fall only within the Premium Pkg quotas.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

Sailing on Celebrity in Dec. We have the classic drinks pkg, Think I will upgrade to premium as I like premium wine , spec. Coffee and occasional cocktail. As this is our first cruise can someone please fill me in on sea/port days. Are the bars open while the ship is docked or do they close, I ask this because we plan on staying onboard on a couple of port days and I would hate not to be able to have a drink or two with my lunch :)

Just returned from the Summit. We upgraded to the premium pkg. At dinner, we ordered wine over the premium limit and were only charged the difference once. The Premium package is worth the price difference.

Also, saw people drinking chocolate martinis at the Martini Bar. I'm definitely going to order one next cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Also, saw people drinking chocolate martinis at the Martini Bar. I'm definitely going to order one next cruise.

We heard Of those too...chocoltinis I think they wee called!! Also try an Indulgence over at Molecular Bar.....Godiva white chocolate liqueur based with a fresh raspberry plopped in just before serving. It sinks to the bottom and you bite into the 'infused' fruit at the end of the drink. Soooo Good!! [emoji2]

• 4 weeks later...

For the OCD in all of us.... many thanks!!!!!!!

I'm still torn on which package to get for myself, personally. DH is probably solid with the Classic package since he's a man of simple pleasures. But I personally love trying anything and everything since that's part of the fun in vacations! I will definitely have to investigate further and try to put into tangible terms how much I ACTUALLY drink while on vacation ;) My last cruise on Disney... it's safe to say I don't remember a whole lot :rolleyes:

I'm sailing on Connie in April of this year... is the Molecular bar still only on S-class ships? because that sounds out of this world!!!!! I'll be disappointed if I miss out on that :(

Thanks again for this awesome spreadsheet!

Nicole