Celebrity Drink Package Calculator - 2014

QE2_Fan

Thanks for the spread sheet, used it to get an estimate for my forthcoming 11 day Infinity cruise before making my final payment. As a result have just upgraded my 123 Classic to premium. Cost $253 and great value.

Thanks for the spread sheet, used it to get an estimate for my forthcoming 11 day Infinity cruise before making my final payment. As a result have just upgraded my 123 Classic to premium. Cost $253 and great value.

The upgrade was an additional $253. What was the total cost package?

@happycruiser thanks for your feedback and love your attention to detail!

The Celebrity packages are quite good IMHO as they do not distinguish on specific brands or quality of wine/spirits etc. It is all based on a 'credit' per drink. Eg on the classic package you can have ANY wine by the glass or ANY cocktail, but the package will pay up to $8 a drink. If the drink costs more you pay for that drink (full cost) outright. On the premium package the allowance is $12 per drink and should you find a special glass of wine that is over, say $18 then you are only up for the difference ($6). The calculator takes the cap amounts I to account based in which drinks you specify for At Sea or Port Days. But agree finding a comprehensive list of drinks/wines etc and their prices is crazy difficult. Even asked Celebrity direct and they had no idea!!

Do you include embarkation or disembarkation days in your port days? I am combining as 1 port day for my calculations. We probably drink more on embarkation day. :D

Good question! Hadn't thought of that...but as long as you INCLUDE them in your total days! I'd probably go as you suggest and list Embarkation day as a SEA day (a few drinks to set sail by!) and disembarkation as a port day. (If it's an early morning embarkation not sure id worry)

Also,,,

Fresh Squeezed juice is not listed.

True! Also don't have smoothies etc...will see if I can update but just improvise by adding any drinks not listed on another column that has close to same cost..or you can modify the cost per drink column to suit if you know them!!

We have always been able to get Specialty Coffee's in the Classic Package. Example: Coffee with Bailey's at dinner. When did it change to only being offered with a Premium Package? :confused:

Lol, this is one of CELEBRITYS most confusing items:confused::confused:...what is a speciality vs premium coffee. It's not clear on their website and it depends on who you ask as to what you get told.....so for purpose of the calculator I went with what I was last advised from the Celebrity AU facebook page. I have heard though that even onboard it's confusing and sometimes you will get them with a Classic pkg, sometimes not! I don't want to add to to the debate on that one....:D

Thank you! Very helpful.

I did a lot of improvising to come up with the approximate drink cost that I would incurred on my upcoming 12 night cruise. 8 port and 4 sea days.

Doing my best to drink alcohol, have coffee, fresh squeezed OJ and bottle water, daily, I came up with $492.20. I normally would not drink this much, but we have the free Classic package.:D No way would I pay for the package @ at the cost of $676.20. :eek: If I did not have the free package, and bought drinks separately, I would normally spend about $150 or less.

The Classic was included as a promo so theoretically no cost. Used the sheet to compare ordinary and premium options and made sense to upgrade.

Definitely upgrade. No martini bar or molecular bar with the classic and the expanded wine selection was fantastic

I'm on a 17 nights cruise. Conservatively using this calculator it's going to cost us about 3k. Lucky we've got the premium "drunks" package! 😮

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Forums mobile app

LOL. Doesn't sound you are conservative drinkers :D. Bit like us really :p wasn't much the calculator told me I didn't already know...GO PREMIUM !!

But it's interesting reading the feedback for those that wouldn't normally get a package but have it as part of the 123 Promo....some are surprised at its value and some are still way under budget and re confirms their thoughts of the 'drunks' :eek: packages as having little value for them.

LOL. Doesn't sound you are conservative drinkers :D. Bit like us really :p wasn't much the calculator told me I didn't already know...GO PREMIUM !!

But it's interesting reading the feedback for those that wouldn't normally get a package but have it as part of the 123 Promo....some are surprised at its value and some are still way under budget and re confirms their thoughts of the 'drunks' :eek: packages as having little value for them.

Even if I don't get the true value out of the package over the whole cruise (port days, rest days, etc) the convenience of not having to sign or worry about the bill at the end of the cruise makes it worth it.:D

We are by choice conservative with our on board spending trying to squeeze as many holidays as we can out of our available budget. This mostly stops us from just trying things on a whim. Apart from a few beers and the occasional cocktail for the DW we just drink the water, drinks and coffee available in the fee free restaurant and buffet. We have the PYP on our upcoming cruise. We are both looking forward to (what would be for us) splurging out while on board.

The calculator will be a great help to track and evaluate what we should do in future. I think we will just sit pat with the classic on this trip . If the drink package looks like a big value add to our cruising experience we will try to get it for future cruises as we will most likely be booking on board for next years planned trips.

We are by choice conservative with our on board spending trying to squeeze as many holidays as we can out of our available budget. This mostly stops us from just trying things on a whim. Apart from a few beers and the occasional cocktail for the DW we just drink the water, drinks and coffee available in the fee free restaurant and buffet. We have the PYP on our upcoming cruise. We are both looking forward to (what would be for us) splurging out while on board.

The calculator will be a great help to track and evaluate what we should do in future. I think we will just sit pat with the classic on this trip . If the drink package looks like a big value add to our cruising experience we will try to get it for future cruises as we will most likely be booking on board for next years planned trips.

Enjoy your drinks on X and I am sure you will not go back to buying them outright.:D

I would not add more items to the spreadsheet. As the op noted you can select a similar cost item to get your totals. The beauty of this spreadsheet is how clear and obvious the decision becomes. IMHO

If one tries the packages on board and really likes them, then doing an on board booking for future cruise and selecting the package is probably a good idea. Do a search on on board booking here on cc for details.

Hi Guys. Interesting calculator. I must admit I have seen a full list of drinks available on another post and I am comfortable with my chosen package. As an aside I find the contents/headings of the spreadsheet interesting and it confirms my experience from reading other similiar posts. Is the favoured drink of our Transatlantic friends Craft Beers/Cocktails/ Wine? On most of the spreadsheets I have seen there is never any mention of spirits ( hard liquor ) I think in USA. Certainly from a Brits perspective spirits I would suggest comprise a fair portion of first choice drinks. Whether this is gin/vodka/rum/whisky et all with the relevant mixer. My better half enjoys a cocktail but also is not averse to vodka and tonic. I would guess that within the UK male population cocktails are seen as a "girly" drink. Obviously defferent cultures.

Thank you. That is really useful. We have cruised before but this will be our first time with Celebrity and the first time we have considered a drinks package. I am thinking of booking the Classic Package but wondered about the possibility of upgrading to the Premium once on board. Is it possible to do this, say, for the 2nd week of the trip? I assume that there is a standard daily charge for the upgrade. Also is this much more expensive than booking the whole thing before departure?

The website gives me a price in UK£ for the packages but also says that the prices will go up if we wait until on board - but doesn't say by how much;)

Hi EmilyB12. Yes you can upgrade when on board from classic to premium. You just pay the per day difference calculated on the number of days left on the cruise. The calculator gives you the per day rate doe each package in USD. Not sure about the UK But until a few months back it was approx 10% cheaper to prepurchase the packages before departure! but this is no longer the case. So in theory if unsure you could start your cruise paying for drinks as you go, if you find you are spending enough to benefit from a package then buy one onboard...they won't backdate it for the drinks you've already consumed, you just need to pay for all remaining days of your cruise. Cheers!

We are not big drinkers but we had the classic non alcoholic for myself and the classic alcohol for my husband

We will always have a package in future it was more than worth if, especially for myself, cafe Albacio was my favourite place

The coffees are all about $6 so a few of those a day alone and the package has paid for itself, add the fresh orange and a couple of soda and maybe a virgin cocktail, it was great

Thanks Rubydoobydoo!

QE2 Fan - the calculator has been very useful and thanks for the info about the 'Celebrity' way of doing things. Most of our past cruising has been with Cunard - I gather the drinks pricing is similar. We have, however, usually benefited from a generous OBC and so haven't had to worry too much about how the $s are adding up.

We are really looking forward to our cruise and its lovely to hear the encouraging comments about Celebrity from the 'regulars'.

We are not big drinkers but we had the classic non alcoholic for myself and the classic alcohol for my husband

We will always have a package in future it was more than worth if, especially for myself, cafe Albacio was my favourite place

The coffees are all about $6 so a few of those a day alone and the package has paid for itself, add the fresh orange and a couple of soda and maybe a virgin cocktail, it was great

You must be getting the really fancy coffees (additives and alcohol) as they are normally around $4.50 for a cuppacino or a latte.:D

You must be getting the really fancy coffees (additives and alcohol) as they are normally around $4.50 for a cuppacino or a latte.:D

Latte was $6 but as we sailed from the Uk that included the 15%

Chocolate igloo was $6.50, I had one other "fancy" coffee that included a scoop of gelato but it was too rich for me, I didn't note the price I just asked if it was included in the classic

Fresh orange was $4.50

For me the classic non alcohol package was a bargain just over £10 a day so the exchange rate was 1.7 so under $20

I didn't realise until I was on board that I could get non alcohol cocktails and smoothies included in that too and I was considering upgrading, I didn't need to everything I wanted was covered except the sparkling water which I didn't miss

Edited by rubydoobydoo