How long to newark airport?

Tybro

Hi all,

I was wondering how long it might take to get from the ship to Newark airport? I'm trying to decide how early of a flight I can book for the trip home after the cruise. I've heard there is sometimes long lines of traffic leaving the port. Do you think I could make a 10:30am flight?

thank you

GG

From Cape Liberty? About 30 minutes...it's actually not really that far, but with traffic and such you'd want to allow that long..

If you carry your stuff off, provided the ship is on time and there are no issues with clearance, then you MIGHT make it..but you'd want to be sure to get your own cab (tell the dispatcher) as opposed to waiting for the van cabs to fill.

If it were ME? I would take a later flight and not spend the last night of the cruise worrying about making it...

Edited by megr1125

Hi all,

I was wondering how long it might take to get from the ship to Newark airport? I'm trying to decide how early of a flight I can book for the trip home after the cruise. I've heard there is sometimes long lines of traffic leaving the port. Do you think I could make a 10:30am flight?

thank you

GG

I agree 10:30 is cutting it real close. The traffic lines getting out of the port are very good and organized. It's getting off the ship that can be a little, not always, time consuming. There's a bus you need to take, you have to locate your luggage and get a porter. Can you do self disembark if possible?

If arriving back to Cape Liberty on the weekend, you may be fine as there is a lot less traffic. If arriving a week day, you have to consider rush hour, construction and traffic. Don't stress yourself out after a wonderful cruise, book a later flight if possible, unless you can do self disembark.

Great ship, fantastic crew, will be on her next week.