Drink Package Changes

I was on the Radiance for the 12 night Hawaii to Vancouver cruise. I read that I needed at least 4 days left on the cruise to purchase a drink package. I couldn't imagine drinking for 12 whole days so I decided the halfway point would be reasonable with all the sea days.

On Day 4 I went to enquire at the bar and they told me that Day 3 had been the last day to purchase the package. I checked with guest services who also told me the same. They also told me that the package was not pro-rated.

Anyone know where I can find more information about this?

I was on the Radiance for the 12 night Hawaii to Vancouver cruise. I read that I needed at least 4 days left on the cruise to purchase a drink package. I couldn't imagine drinking for 12 whole days so I decided the halfway point would be reasonable with all the sea days.

On Day 4 I went to enquire at the bar and they told me that Day 3 had been the last day to purchase the package. I checked with guest services who also told me the same. They also told me that the package was not pro-rated.

It absolutely says on every ad and flyer I've ever read about the drink package, and also online, that you can purchase the drink package, pro-rated, as long as there are at least 4 days left on any cruise. I will see if I can track down a picture...

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqId=5804

I agree it is on the flyers. Lots of people seem to have had trouble because the staff don't know the correct terms and conditions of these packages and others have only prevailed when they showed a flyer or email from Royal - should we really have to carry a flyer onto the ship with us to prove our entitlement?!

Where did you read it was possible.

If guest services says it's not. Chances are you read incorrect information.

Sadly, chances are often that guest services is incorrect.

And as shown looks like from royal itself says it is possible.

I have printed this for my upcoming B2B on Oasis, although on that ship I would expect them to be more current with company policy... I have the Premium package for the first week, and may possibly get it for the last few days on the second. (To give the old liver a break!) haha

Ughhh - Ill have to print a flyer and take with me. We are on Oasis on 5/24 and had planned on purchasing a package on day 2. We didnt figure we would get full money worth on sail away day, especially since Adventure Ocean is not open for the kiddos...

Anyone been on Oasis in the past few weeks who was able to buy a package on Day 2 or 3 and have it correctly pro-rated?

Ughhh - Ill have to print a flyer and take with me. We are on Oasis on 5/24 and had planned on purchasing a package on day 2. We didnt figure we would get full money worth on sail away day, especially since Adventure Ocean is not open for the kiddos...

Anyone been on Oasis in the past few weeks who was able to buy a package on Day 2 or 3 and have it correctly pro-rated?

The RCI website is also free to access from any ship.

How late can you buy the package?? Day of cruise??

You can purchase a drink package during the cruise, as long as there are at least 4 days left in the cruise.

Edited by clarea