What happens after the kids clubs close?

lucysmommy1

Hi there

We are away in 20 days on independence of the seas for 14 nights

The kids (6&8) will no doubt love it but at 10pm when the club is finished can they go to the bar area and sit with us or is it bed time all around?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi there

We are away in 20 days on independence of the seas for 14 nights

The kids (6&8) will no doubt love it but at 10pm when the club is finished can they go to the bar area and sit with us or is it bed time all around?

Thanks

There is not a lot of structured entertainment for kids after 10pm but there are a few options

Check the cruise compass when you get onboard this will tell you which venues are family friendly and which have age restrictions

The kids club late night party or babysitting in stateroom are options but comes at a cost but well worth it to us the kids loved it and we got to go to the adult venues and shows

Having a drink and sitting out on deck watching the stars and lights on the coast drift by the kids loved this

We had a balcony and a computer so we put a kids film on the computer for them to watch and one of us popped down to the bar for a couple of drinks then sat out there while the kids fell asleep ( remember to bring a US/EU to UK plug adaptor)

Between the kids clubs and touring the ports the kids where shattered and happy to go bed every night:D

Damon and Family

Thank you how much extra for the kids party at night - sounds like something they would love so with the drinks package can you get drinks and pretty much take them anywhere on the boat?

Our kids were usually ready for bed by 10 after busy port days and playing in kids club. I think it depends on the cruise line but I think HAL or NCL was about $10 or $15/hr per child for the after hrs care or late night fun. We never used it so I am trying to remember. You could take them to late shows on board too.

Enjoy your trip.

Thank you how much extra for the kids party at night - sounds like something they would love so with the drinks package can you get drinks and pretty much take them anywhere on the boat?

This is from the RCI site

Late Night Party Zone

Stay up late with your new friends and have fun! Join the Adventure Ocean staff for late-night games and entertainment. The rate is $6 per hour, per child. Payment is in half-hour increments. Please bring your SeaPass card. Please note that the Late Night Party Zone will close when the last child signs out or at 2:00 a.m., whichever comes first. (Prices may change without prior notice.)

As far as drinks are concerned you can get your drink in one bar and go to another or to your room or up on deck

Great thanks 2am is a bit much tho hehe but good to know just incase they are too cool to be seen with us lol

They don't need to stay the entire time. Most kids won't enjoy sitting in a bar but they are allowed in most of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully you can find a nice lounge playing some dancing music. My kids loved to dance and be swung around by their father. After about 30 minutes they were tired! Take a quick walk to get a cookie from the buffet. It will be bedtime. It was tough for our girls to stay up past 11pm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We haven't been on any RC ships, but I would definitely suggest you read up on your cruise (someone above posted some info about the kids' post 10pm program for you, but there will be plenty of other info that will interest you, I'm sure).

We took our daughter on cruises on Carnival and Princess, and we didn't give her sign-out privileges until she was a teen (the previous cruise she was 8). Usually the post-10pm activities on those lines centered around watching a kid-friendly video and playing video games. When she was 8, she was no longer interested in hanging out with the younger kids for this (usually the kids signed up for the late night kidsitting are pooled together). You were supposed to sign up a day ahead of time.

Even as a toddler, she enjoyed going to the shows with us -- when she was 23 months of age, we would sit in back of the room just in case, but it wasn't a problem. The OP will probably know if her kids would enjoy those shows.

There are places where minors will probably not be allowed to go, but usually kids who are behaving themselves would be allowed in the lounges with a bar -- just not any disco set up for adults. Sometimes the kids' programs may feature a "mocktail party" in a disco in the evening, which many of the kids enjoy.

I would leave the kids in the youth program if you plan to hit the bars. The kids will be bored there. My son would love to stay in the youth program until midnight even if they were only watching movies. Check with them. It's a ship not a foreign country and quite frankly your kids will be fine in the cabin at bedtime. You can just check on them at that age.