Fiji Air

We'll be flying LAX to Sydney in November. Fiji Air with one stop (1 hr. 10 min) in Fiji is half the price of Qantas or Virgin Australia. Has anyone had any experience with Fiji Air?

We'll be flying LAX to Sydney in November. Fiji Air with one stop (1 hr. 10 min) in Fiji is half the price of Qantas or Virgin Australia. Has anyone had any experience with Fiji Air?

Fiji Air is flag carrier airline for Fiji. I haven't flown recently, but flew with them from Brisbane to Hawaii when they were Air Pacific. My friends flew with them to LAX, then back to Hawaii (to join a cruise). We also chose them because of the low cost, compared to other airlines. We understood they were a basic airline, but loved the friendly Fijian staff.

I flew Fiji Airlines from Brisbane - Nadi and return a week later in November 2013. It left and arrived on time, but gees check out their Facebook page and it is full of complaints about LA to Nadi.

It's a big call to risk it. If you are doing it to join a cruise, I would looking at arriving a few days before in case of delays. It's only a small plane doing Bris-Nadi though. Service was great. Food was ordinary

I have flown them a bit recently. The planes are new and the service is very friendly, the food is a little ho hum. It is infinitely better than Jetstar which I have also flown recently. Half the price (and you could probably have a stopover for free) would convince me. My understanding is that one of the new planes has required some unscheduled maintenance which is contributing to delays which is probably what the complaints are about.

We went with them 18 months ago and they were fine.....but they have a bad record of canceling or delaying flights.

They are flying brand new A330 on Nandi to Lax flights.

Review of there new planes.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/first-look-inside-air-pacific-s-new-fiji-airways-airbus-a330