Freedom of the Seas, May 3, 2015 Not available for booking?

The full charter music cruises have replaced the brick & mortar Jazz Clubs where one can experience enough live performances in an 7-8 days/nights time span in an intimate setting in a cost efficient manner that it would take 3-5 years to do on land if you went to a venue, once a month to support your favorite artists.....it is 2 vacations (cruise,music) in 1...the bonus is that the well establish charters (Festival at Sea, Fantastic Voyage, Capital Jazz SuperCruise, Dave Koz & Friends, The Jazz Cruise, The Smooth Jazz Cruise, Malt Shop Memories, Soul Train Cruise, Legendary Rhythm & Blues Cruise) each have a very loyal & passionate repeat fan base, that sail year after year in part because of the music & artists as much as for the friendships that are formed and celebrated onboard almost like a yearly family reunion.....a frequent comment is once you have experienced a full music charter, one would find a regular cruise :eek:boring:eek:

As a Baby Boomer, I grew up listening to Motown, Stax, DooWop, Funk Bands, Horn Bands (TOP, EW&F, War, BS&T) R&B, Jazz and the great Soul Singers being played by my Parents on their hi-fi while watching Soul Train on Saturday mornings...every year on the Capital Jazz SuperCruise I am reminded on how cruising & music are such a great combination and to be able to experience it with 3000+ like minded spirits

I love neo soul...the Capital Jazz SuperCruise thru it's Underground Lounge & Get Down Club & Midnight Allstar Jam Sessions, showcases emerging neo soul artists has become my favorite part of the cruise

I agree...I've never been on a regular cruise. A well established full charter is the way to go in my opinion. I can't see myself ever not doing the Tom Joyner cruise.

Gone already.

Too bad for them I have a screencap of it! I'll probably get banned from their page for this post, but I've had it. They're making other, better jazz charters look bad.

Your post will probably be gone tomorrow, but it looks like you've alerted at least one clueless person about it!

With your help Tom Joyner's Fantastic Voyage has enabled alot of young people to attend college at an HBCU...thank you

My friend who graduated from Dillard University in New Orleans has been on 2 Fantastic Voyages then went on a regular cruise...he went stir crazy and bored out of his mind on the regular sailing. (he did not believe me) and like yourself will only cruise on a future Fantastic Voyage

Your post will probably be gone tomorrow, but it looks like you've alerted at least one clueless person about it!

Oh, I got banned for it. Predictably. :D But once again, I got a screencap.

It really, really doesn't make them look good. Too bad Capital Jazz Cruise is nearly sold out, the stragglers could have rebooked with us and had a blast.

EDIT: they've not banned me, because I'm still able to comment on their posts... but they apparently disabled the Posts to Page feature so no one can post to their page.

Either way, they pretty much confirmed it without confirming it.

Edited by LadyMage

The full charter music cruises have replaced the brick & mortar Jazz Clubs where one can experience enough live performances in an 7-8 days/nights time span in an intimate setting in a cost efficient manner that it would take 3-5 years to do on land if you went to a venue, once a month to support your favorite artists.....it is 2 vacations (cruise,music) in 1...the bonus is that the well establish charters (Festival at Sea, Fantastic Voyage, Capital Jazz SuperCruise, Dave Koz & Friends, The Jazz Cruise, The Smooth Jazz Cruise, Malt Shop Memories, Soul Train Cruise, Legendary Rhythm & Blues Cruise) each have a very loyal & passionate repeat fan base, that sail year after year in part because of the music & artists as much as for the friendships that are formed and celebrated onboard almost like a yearly family reunion.....a frequent comment is once you have experienced a full music charter, one would find a regular cruise :eek:boring:eek:

As a Baby Boomer, I grew up listening to Motown, Stax, DooWop, Funk Bands, Horn Bands (TOP, EW&F, War, BS&T) R&B, Jazz and the great Soul Singers being played by my Parents on their hi-fi while watching Soul Train on Saturday mornings...every year on the Capital Jazz SuperCruise I am reminded on how cruising & music are such a great combination and to be able to experience it with 3000+ like minded spirits

I love neo soul...the Capital Jazz SuperCruise thru it's Underground Lounge & Get Down Club & Midnight Allstar Jam Sessions, showcases emerging neo soul artists has become my favorite part of the cruise

I'm in the Gen Y/Millennial age group, but I was raised on classical, and jazz to me felt like the nest natural thing. I fell in love with it at 15, at almost 30, it's my most enduring love affair. :)

I can't see myself not being on Capital Jazz. If I ever go on another cruise, it's likely the Smooth Jazz Cruise or Dave Koz. Likely Koz.

Edited by LadyMage

Funny you mention Dave Koz...I was on the Smooth Jazz Cruise the year Koz & Wayman Tisdale (year before his untimely passing) were cohost and it was awesome...years later Koz went out on his own (Dave Koz & Friends) and has been a resounding success & I bet took alot of fans who followed him from the Smooth Jazz Cruise....I would love to do a Dave Koz & Friends Cruise in the near future

IF the Maxwell Cruise cancels, maybe some of the favorite artists in that line up will be announced for the Capital Jazz SuperCruise 9 (most of them I have seen on CJSC 4-8)....but you are right, it will probably sell out of cabins before Valentine's Day.....they can always be the first to deposit for CJSC 10 :)

Funny you mention Dave Koz...I was on the Smooth Jazz Cruise the year Koz & Wayman Tisdale (year before his untimely passing) were cohost and it was awesome...years later Koz went out on his own (Dave Koz & Friends) and has been a resounding success & I bet took alot of fans who followed him from the Smooth Jazz Cruise....I would love to do a Dave Koz & Friends Cruise in the near future

IF the Maxwell Cruise cancels, maybe some of the favorite artists in that line up will be announced for the Capital Jazz SuperCruise 9 (most of them I have seen on CJSC 4-8)....but you are right, it will probably sell out of cabins before Valentine's Day.....they can always be the first to deposit for CJSC 10 :)

I learned the hard way with CJSC: deposit the MINUTE the booking opens up! This way you get prime cabin choices, and the lowest prices! The lineup never disappoints, I always discover new artists this way, and talk about networking! (I'm a music photographer in the off hours, so hey. clients)

I don't think the Maxwell cruise is an 'if' anymore. I think it's a matter of 'when' and 'how gracefully'.

Edited by LadyMage

My CJSC buddies and I enjoy having a running bet every year as the artists are announced on the website in terms of brackets (gospel, old school funk, neo soul, fusion,smooth jazz,straight ahead jazz, grammy winners, comics, music icons , which artists on previous CJSC will be repeating and lagniappe (artists you would never expect to see on a jazz cruise with soul)....when the Underground Lounge & Get Down Club artists are announce we check them out on Youtube, then order their CD's thru CD Baby

With the cruise being 40 weeks away , by checking the CJSC website daily for new artists announcements it keeps us engaged and excited about the upcoming CJSC while we are dealing with this current winter freeze....the monthly newsletters should begin soon, which will make the time go quicker....the final newsletter that has the daily performance schedule is when I start packing :eek:

My CJSC buddies and I enjoy having a running bet every year as the artists are announced on the website in terms of brackets (gospel, old school funk, neo soul, fusion,smooth jazz,straight ahead jazz, grammy winners, comics, music icons , which artists on previous CJSC will be repeating and lagniappe (artists you would never expect to see on a jazz cruise with soul)....when the Underground Lounge & Get Down Club artists are announce we check them out on Youtube, then order their CD's thru CD Baby

With the cruise being 40 weeks away , by checking the CJSC website daily for new artists announcements it keeps us engaged and excited about the upcoming CJSC while we are dealing with this current winter freeze....the monthly newsletters should begin soon, which will make the time go quicker....the final newsletter that has the daily performance schedule is when I start packing :eek:

This year, look for the girl with the big huge camera - that'd be me. :)

I have a similar bet running with my friends. Some of the artists actually announce the cruise on their individual pages a day or so before the CapJazz page makes it official...and I watch my favorites very keenly to spot that.

I love, love, love the Underground Lounge artists. They are always fantastic.

Gerald Veasley does an incredible job in his midnight allstar jam sessions to spotlight the Underground Lounge & Get Down Club artists which encourages folks to attend their performances...folks who are new to the CJSC may have booked to see Patti Labelle but go home raving about Avery Sunshine or Alex Lsttimore.....veteran CJSC know the best performances are the lesser known artists and arrive early to gain a seat in the smaller venue

My wife the ta sold this cruise all weekend at a local festival booked 5 more balcony cabin at 519 pp and got booking numbers Ric must be giving these rates to travel agents for groups to try to make up for this mess they have made

Can I have your wife's info to book a cabin with her?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

I'm reading all the threads about this May 3rd cruise being a charter. This is my first RC cruise. I don't know what a charter is and now I'm concerned about what I've gotten myself into. I'm a bit of a cruise newbie so I would love any input from you more experienced cruisers. Am I going to regret this trip?

Maxwell has finally updated their website and removed the description that stated this was a full ship charter. I don't think the Maxwell event is going to get cancelled -- I think it will still be happening -- just on a much smaller scale than originally advertised. I do think the Maxwell fans who paid for a full ship charter experience are going to be extremely disappointed (unless they get some kind of major refund). I don't think the cruise experience will be significantly affected for the rest of the non-Maxwell fans on this cruise.

Maxwell has finally updated their website and removed the description that stated this was a full ship charter. I don't think the Maxwell event is going to get cancelled -- I think it will still be happening -- just on a much smaller scale than originally advertised. I do think the Maxwell fans who paid for a full ship charter experience are going to be extremely disappointed (unless they get some kind of major refund). I don't think the cruise experience will be significantly affected for the rest of the non-Maxwell fans on this cruise.

Hmm can they change the description like that, without notifying those who have already booked through them? I would think that would be a change in the contract.

Also noticed that the private chef is off the website now too. I'm assuming some of their special guests will be coming down soon also, if this thing is still happening. The facebook page has now disabled the option for anyone to post to the page.

Hmm can they change the description like that, without notifying those who have already booked through them? I would think that would be a change in the contract.

Also noticed that the private chef is off the website now too. I'm assuming some of their special guests will be coming down soon also, if this thing is still happening. The facebook page has now disabled the option for anyone to post to the page.

You can thank me for the disabling... :D I called them out for deleting posts for the page. They didn't appreciate that very much.

They took their entire booking system offline as well. If you go on maxwellatsea.com, you'll see there is no option to book.

I think it's pretty clear that there's no way in hell that that charter will be sailing. At all. There is no Maxwell and the Seven Seas, period.

Whoever is going on the Freedom on May 3rd, enjoy your cruise!

You can thank me for the disabling... :D I called them out for deleting posts for the page. They didn't appreciate that very much.

They took their entire booking system offline as well. If you go on maxwellatsea.com, you'll see there is no option to book.

I think it's pretty clear that there's no way in hell that that charter will be sailing. At all. There is no Maxwell and the Seven Seas, period.

Whoever is going on the Freedom on May 3rd, enjoy your cruise!

Their pricing is still the same.

Pricing, yes, but try clicking Book on anything they offer. It will take you to a "contact office" page.
That's what I figured. Guess they are still sticking with the absurd pricing if they are still happening. $7,100 for a JS compared to around 1,700 for a JS. Edited by SherriZ366

That's what I figured. Guess they are still sticking with the absurd pricing if they are still happening.

If it were still happening, the booking page would be open with an option to book. The "contact office" page is their way of saying, "We're not taking money now". I guess whatever legal pressure Royal Caribbean put on them worked to some degree...

Maxwell has finally updated their website and removed the description that stated this was a full ship charter. I don't think the Maxwell event is going to get cancelled -- I think it will still be happening -- just on a much smaller scale than originally advertised. I do think the Maxwell fans who paid for a full ship charter experience are going to be extremely disappointed (unless they get some kind of major refund).
Their pricing is still the same.

Yep, I know if I had paid signed up & paid their insane price - I'd definitely be counting on it being a full charter with the private celebrity chef and everything else that was promised.

I'm betting the number of people who actually booked & paid their prices is minimal, which is good, since I'd expect them to be livid once they're on board and discover everything they paid for and are NOT getting!