Best way to buy RCL stock?

Now that RCL stock has finally dropped in price by several dollars, I'm finally going to spring for 100 shares. However, rather than going through my CPA and dealing with all of that hassle, I thought I might try one of the online services where you can buy stocks.

Does anyone have any experience with these? Which one is the best, lowest fees, etc? Thanks!

Scott trade $7.00 a trade

OR, you can give me $4500. I'll pretend to buy your stock. Give you a $100 shipboard credit for your cruise. And sell it back to you at $4175 where it will be when you get back from your cruise.

=)

Shane

Scott trade $7.00 a trade

OR, you can give me $4500. I'll pretend to buy your stock. Give you a $100 shipboard credit for your cruise. And sell it back to you at $4175 where it will be when you get back from your cruise.

=)

Shane

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Shane, that sounds okay to me...but only if you'll agree to buy that piece of prime swamp land that I own in Florida. ;)

RCL's website now says that shareholders as of April 15, 2005 get the discount, and travel must be booked (or commence) before a date in 2006. Does that mean it is no longer in effect for new shareholders? I've been thinking of buying stock but won't if they've given up the benefit.

Does anyone actually know? Guess I'll have to call their investor relations folks and find out.

Ditto on sharebuilder, no minimum balances, no acct. fees.

I questioned Rcl about the wording on the new forms & was told new buyer's could still receive the credit. Apparently they want the newer brokerage forms to verify you still actually own the stock.

I'm still 23 shares short, might be a good time to finish buying..........

Ditto on sharebuilder, no minimum balances, no acct. fees.

I questioned Rcl about the wording on the new forms & was told new buyer's could still receive the credit. Apparently they want the newer brokerage forms to verify you still actually own the stock.

I'm still 23 shares short, might be a good time to finish buying..........

How many shares do you need to qualify and how much is it right now? (Yes, I know I'm lazy :o ....but I thought someone here might already know these answers without having to look them up! :D ).

I can give you the amounts. The following is straight off of a sheet that a Diamond Plus Member sent me.

$250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 14 or more nights.

$200 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 9 to 13 nights.

$100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 to 8 nights.

$50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 5 nights or less

This benefit is exclusive to shareholders holding a minimum of 100 Shareds of Royal Caribbean Cruises LTD. To redeem please provide a photocopy of your shareholder proxy card or a current brokerage statement showing proof of share ownershipin Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Mail to Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Investor Benefit, PO Box 025511, Miami, Fl 33102-5511, fax 305/539-4645 or email shareholderbenefit@rccl.com Must include proof of share ownership

Onboard credit is valid for any cruise vacation on Royal Caribbean International or Celebrity Cruises (excludes Celebrity Xpeditions) Reservations must be booked no later than May 1, 2005.

There are other things on here....No employees, TAs Tour conductors

Remember, Royal Caribbean (and Carnival) are selling near the all-time high. As an investment, the downside potential is greater than the upside. Two or three yrs ago the stock was selling for $9.00. At that time Carnival was selling for $20. If you want to risk $4,500 to get a $100 onboard credit by all means do it. But, there are other stocks that will have a return that is better and will reward you with more than an onboard credit. Stock ownership is or should be an investment for dividend and or growth. By low, sell high and don't fall in love with any stock.

Archived