cruising out of new orleans

travsmom

We are panning on a cruise out of New Orleans next year in April. Can someone tell me of a hotel that has onsite parking. We wil be on a budget so we can't afford a high priced hotel but we don't want a dump either. I hope someone out there can help me.Thank you in advance.

Remember that rates in French Quarter/New Orleans hotels can vary wildly depending on time of year and what is going on in town.

Try this:

Holiday Inn Downtown Super-dome (French Quarter Area)

***rates as low as $109.00 single/double occupancy plus tax (kids

Stay free under 19, Eat free under 12)***

IJHD1 Package includes:

Free Parking for length of Cruise (up to 8 days)

Free Wireless Internet and Business Center

Free Exercise Facility

Rooftop heated pool and sun deck

Full Service restaurant and lounge

Hotel located on street car line

Phone: For Group or Individuals Reservations - 800-535-7830 or 504-581-1600

Code: IJHD1 - Park n Cruise Package

Edited by trvlqueen

You should check out the "New Orleans" board on here. This question has been asked and answered many times there. Such as this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1965835

I really love Prytania Park hotel, but I believe you have to stay there 2 nights to get the free parking. Some will recommend Quality Inn in Gretna. Don't do it. Just don't. You'll thank me later. ;)

Edited by Stacy_C
link

You should check out the "New Orleans" board on here. This question has been asked and answered many times there. Such as this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1965835

I really love Prytania Park hotel, but I believe you have to stay there 2 nights to get the free parking. Some will recommend Quality Inn in Gretna. Don't do it. Just don't. You'll thank me later. ;)

Can you tell me where is hotel is? how close is it to Burbon or Jackson Square? I know where these places are.

Can you tell me where is hotel is? how close is it to Burbon or Jackson Square? I know where these places are.

It's in the Garden District. Just right off the trolley line. We would walk to the trolley and ride it to the Bourbon Street area.

We are panning on a cruise out of New Orleans next year in April. Can someone tell me of a hotel that has onsite parking. We wil be on a budget so we can't afford a high priced hotel but we don't want a dump either. I hope someone out there can help me.Thank you in advance.

You might also consider new orleans parking dot com for parking, then find a great deal on a hotel in your preferred area. Their parking is very reasonable and close to the port. And you wouldn't have to pick a hotel based on their parking.

Stayed at Quality Inn on West Bank last week. Free shuttle to ferry and back on Saturday, great breakfast buffet on Sunday and free shuttle to and from ship as well as free parking while cruising. Rates are very reasonable.

You might also consider new orleans parking dot com for parking, then find a great deal on a hotel in your preferred area. Their parking is very reasonable and close to the port. And you wouldn't have to pick a hotel based on their parking.

I used this parking in January and it was great. $12 per day. booked on Internet so didn't need to find particular hotel. Shuttles were abundant and quick both on and off. If you don't find a hotel with parking, consider this route. Also, booked a "name your price" hotel back in October in NO and got a great rate.

This past Sept we stayed at the Best Western Landmark hotel. On site parking, pool, breakfast. We enjoyed it. We are going more authentic NOLA this year with Hotel St. Marie. There are many options - good luck!

I don't know how many people you have in your party, but for our Dream cruise in Dec it was cheaper to rent a vacation rental for 3 nights than it was to rent three hotel rooms for 3 nights. We use the cruise terminal parking, it's not a bad price considering it's lit, it's patrolled, and it's restricted to the public.