any luck finding hotel in New Orleans pre cruise

travsmom

Is anyone out there having any luck finding a hotel in New Orleans for the weekend of April 17th to 19th or for May 8th to May 10th 2015. I might have to change my dates completely.I might have to go in the fall of 2015. I was just worried about the weather if I have to go in the fall. I guess a hurricane could hit in April or May just as easily.I am about to give up.Anyone know about public parking in New Orleans. I might have to stay in Metairie and drive into New Orleans.

Is anyone out there having any luck finding a hotel in New Orleans for the weekend of April 17th to 19th or for May 8th to May 10th 2015. I might have to change my dates completely.I might have to go in the fall of 2015. I was just worried about the weather if I have to go in the fall. I guess a hurricane could hit in April or May just as easily.I am about to give up.Anyone know about public parking in New Orleans. I might have to stay in Metairie and drive into New Orleans.

Those dates in April are right before the Jazz Fest which is almost as big an event as Mardi Gras. Hotels will be at a premium just before and during the Jazz Fest.

When we were there it was the Vudo Festival and we stayed at the Embassy Suites they gave us Happy Hour and Breakfast in the Morning but it was pretty pricey but was within walking distance I want to say like 300 a night...

Hurricane season is June 1 - Nov 30. A hurricane in April or May would be very rare. However, I've sailed nearly all my cruises during hurricane season and never encountered a storm. My birthday is the PEAK of the season but oh well...the ships sail around the storm if there is one.

We have a reservation at The Drury Inn for April 16 - 19, 2015 for $533 + tax. Also the Hampton Inn & Suites Convention Center was also available for $495 tax included and seems to be very close to the port. Try booking with the hotels' websites. Sometimes I find that hotels will book further out than the booking websites.

Good luck!

Edit: The prices are totals, not per night!!

Edited by madams77

Jazz Fest is the last weekend of April and the first weekend of May, so it will be April 24 - May 3, 2015. French Quarter Fest is April 9-12, 2015. You are missing peak times, so you should be able to find a room unless there is a major convention. I would try calling some of the major hotel chains (the Hilton is next to the port (but it is a large convention hotel) , but there are a few Marriotts and a Sheraton nearby. Then try the smaller chains. We have 20,000 hotel rooms downtown (they just had this info in the paper since we are bidding on the 2018 Super Bowl), so you will be able to find something.

I might suggest you see what the cruise line has to offer, if available. We cruised Royal's Serenade OTS out of NOLA this past April, not realizing when we booked that there was a huge Wrestlemania event the weekend we embarked and then the FQ Festival the weekend we disembarked. I had no luck finding anything pre-cruise that would be considered decent at a favorable price on my own. We ended up using Royal's pre-cruise hotel services and booked the Hilton Garden Inn Convention Center for approximately $175 per room per night. Hotel was good, not the best price generally but was better than the alternatives we were seeing. We didn't need a room upon disembark as we had a late afternoon flight, so we enjoyed the FQ Festival for a few hours before heading to the airport.

Enjoy your cruise!