Adjusting to time change on eastbound transatlantic

SusieKay

On land IF the times were changed at noon, or 2.00pm it would result in utter chaos. So why foul things up on a cruise???

john

For the very real benefit of the crew, which in turn benefits the pax. And nothing about it was chaotic or "fouled up." In fact, the Emerald seemed to us to be the happiest ship at sea.

For the very real benefit of the crew, which in turn benefits the pax. And nothing about it was chaotic or "fouled up." In fact, the Emerald seemed to us to be the happiest ship at sea.

I guess that you have not tried to play 2 hours of bridge in the PM, and then tried to get ready for the early formal dinner!!!

john

They may have lost an hour of their work day, but for some of them, like cabin stewards, they don't lose any tasks that have to be done. If you have 18 cabins to make up, you still have 18 cabins -- just now, you have one less hour. Or else one less hour for your afternoon down time.

Losing an hour's time in the middle of a precious sea day is so wrong, I'm really in awe that people are actually in favor of this.

Your point is valid, but the crew seemed to prefer that over losing an hour of sleep each night. And for the passengers, losing an hour of a sea day isn't that big of a deal when you have 6 sea days in a row as we did on the transatlantic. If I were on a cruise where there was only one time change I would prefer it to be at night, but for a 5 hour time difference over the course of 8 sea days (and one port day between those sea days) I really liked the daytime time changes.

The hour at midday was wonderful way to lose the hour' date=' far better than at night.[/quote']

WHY??? You have to change your eating habits this way, and that's just for starters.

john