Alaskan Cruisetour

BigWI

Each picture must be less than 2MB in size. A bigger picture will be rejected.

If your pictures are larger than 2MB each, you will need to reduce their size before uploading.

When I try to post an image, it asks for a URL. Can you upload from your computer or do they have to be on a website before linking?

When I try to post an image, it asks for a URL. Can you upload from your computer or do they have to be on a website before linking?

If you are using the attachment method (the paper clip), the top big box is labeled "Upload File from your Computer" and there are five boxes to "Browse" on your computer to locate the photo you wish to upload.

After you have selected up to 5 pictures this way, click on upload. When it indicates the upload has been competed, you may close the "Manage Attachments" box.

I agree about upstate NY. We'd actually owned our 'retirement' home in Florida and sold it and decided to stay up here. I've been around the country and I have to say that upstate NY offers some of the most beautiful lands I've seen. When we need our winter 'sun' fix - we head south for a few weeks!

If you are interested, I have my review and info from our June 2011 trip to Alaska. We did 5 day land tour prior to the cruise SB on the Island P. Email me at beh614@gmail.com and put "Alaska' in the subject. I will be doing another review when we return for our 2nd trip!

I just sent you an e-mail - thank you so much!

Each picture must be less than 2MB in size. A bigger picture will be rejected.

If your pictures are larger than 2MB each, you will need to reduce their size before uploading.

Thank you - I think that was most likely the problem - it would take forever to download and then I would get an error message.

At least I waited until I got home to get sick........

I will try to post my summary in the next day or so. In the mean time I am attempting to upload a picture of Denali

1403588866_IMG_0255-3.jpg.c8d1cf9d9b74bcb64a41ebd99a6decc6.jpg

Edited by BigWI

I will try to post my summary in the next day or so. In the mean time I am attempting to upload a picture of Denali

[ATTACH]314817[/ATTACH]

Beautiful!!! Keep 'em coming! Sorry for being greedy - but I can't get enough of the pics...:)

I will post a few when I post my summary. I just wanted to see how to to it.

I actually got up at 4:00 to get the sun rising over Denali, it was worth it.

Can you explain the process for the luggage once you arrive at the lodge? Do you recommend bringing an empty duffle bag to put everything you need before getting on the ship?

We are doing 2 nights in Fairbanks and 2 Nights in Denali, then train to ship. Are you allowed to keep your main large suitcase with you the entire time?

Will the suitcase fit on the train?

Thanks!

You are allowed to keep one suitcase per person and one carry on. Princess moves your luggage to the next location. You keep your carry on with you. If you have more than one suitcase per person you must send any extra on to the ship after the first night of your land tour. Princess give tags

that say "join me tonight" and "meet me on the ship". You don't have to move anything but your carry on. I have found it to be a very efficient and back saving process.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

[ATTACH]314817[/ATTACH]

Can you please tell me where took this photo from? Thanks

Can you explain the process for the luggage once you arrive at the lodge? Do you recommend bringing an empty duffle bag to put everything you need before getting on the ship?

We are doing 2 nights in Fairbanks and 2 Nights in Denali, then train to ship. Are you allowed to keep your main large suitcase with you the entire time?

Thanks!

Everything was well taken care of by Americangirl52 except that your carry on needs to be on the small side. You will be in buses and on the train, you do not have a large area to put carry-ons. Not like on a plane. So, try to keep you carry on to a back pack or something smaller. Or you will find yourself smushed in your seats with your things!

Princess has this system of suitcases down to the best system. When you get to your first place, you will be handed a package with the tags, room keys and directions to when, what, where for your bags. For the land part, you will only need your jeans and comfortable clothing, not your dining clothes for casual nights or formal. So, put all those things in a suitcase you will not need. It will magically show up in your room on the ship! Your other bags will magically show up in or just outside the door of your room at each lodge! Amazing! At night, or when you leave your room (don't remember the timing) to move on to the next place, you leave your case outside your door and it will be picked up and taken to your destination. Poof! No lugging things all over!

Enjoy your cruise!!

Thanks!

You can see the details of the luggage handling in my report on an Alaskan tour at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1727858

Your land tour suitcase will not travel on the bus or train with you. It will be carried by Princess in a truck to the next destination.

Thanks!

Others explained it very well, so I won't repeat what they said.

I put an empty nylon bag in my luggage (~12" Dia x 40" long). when I got to Fairbanks , I put everything I needed for the land portion into the nylon bag and sent my heavy luggage ahead to the ship. The last day the nylon bag was shipped ahead, and all I carried on the train what my camera bag.

All my luggage (including the nylon bag) was in my cabin when we arrived.

Princess has the system down pat!

They've def got it down to a science and an art! We decided to do a B2B next Aug instead of another cruise tour like b4 but if I do that again I would pack my airplane carry on with just what I needed for the land portion and send other bag to ship ASAP! We hauled them to Talkeetna and that was poor planning on my part. Train is very restrictive. Only a purse, camera bag, backpack or similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app