?'s re: bzcavetubing / shopping in Belize

snorkel4ever

We are strongly considering using bzcavetubing in Belize, asked them a few ?' which raised more /'s. They indicated they wait for 10 people to get off cruise before they send them in van to start tour. Does anyone have any experience with going on tour with less than 10 people? Is the tour cancelled if they don't get a minimum of 10, or how long (how many tenders) will they wait for if they don't initially get 10 people? Want to have a couple of hours to shop in Belize for some kitchen type wood carvings (bowls/tongs), pottery or placemats, maybe colorful fabric. The tour is about 5 hours long - but it sounds as if the start of the tour may be delayed leaving no time for shopping in port area before tender back to ship. Does this company's gift shop have any of the items mentioned above? If so, would they be approximately the same price as the market at pier? Suggestions for locations to shop would be most appreciated! Thanks in advance for any info!

We are strongly considering using bzcavetubing in Belize, asked them a few ?' which raised more /'s. They indicated they wait for 10 people to get off cruise before they send them in van to start tour. Does anyone have any experience with going on tour with less than 10 people? Is the tour cancelled if they don't get a minimum of 10, or how long (how many tenders) will they wait for if they don't initially get 10 people? Want to have a couple of hours to shop in Belize for some kitchen type wood carvings (bowls/tongs), pottery or placemats, maybe colorful fabric. The tour is about 5 hours long - but it sounds as if the start of the tour may be delayed leaving no time for shopping in port area before tender back to ship. Does this company's gift shop have any of the items mentioned above? If so, would they be approximately the same price as the market at pier? Suggestions for locations to shop would be most appreciated! Thanks in advance for any info!

When we went with .bz we got back to the port with only a little time to spare. This was with leaving on the tour pretty soon after we got off the boat. The tender process takes some time and not everyone can get on the first tender, that is what causes delays.

However, when we got back, the tender line was so long that you could do a little shopping while the line worked its way forward. I would not count on having a couple of hours to shop though.

I know there was some shopping at the cave tubing park and the operator's place, but I didn't pay much attention. Sorry, I can't help with the other questions.

We are going with .bz this coming week. we search the forum and the general consensus was they usually do a very good job of getting you back ok. I have yet to find a post of someone from them who got stranded... or from any of the reputable independant operators on these islands. If they do then the will loose a lot of buisness i guess. That being said. i will moniter how long it takes to get there and will be watching my watch to make sure we leave with plenty of time.... And i would say it is always up to us the traveler to keep track of the time ourselves...:p

• 1 month later...
We are going with .bz this coming week. we search the forum and the general consensus was they usually do a very good job of getting you back ok. I have yet to find a post of someone from them who got stranded... or from any of the reputable independant operators on these islands. If they do then the will loose a lot of buisness i guess. That being said. i will moniter how long it takes to get there and will be watching my watch to make sure we leave with plenty of time.... And i would say it is always up to us the traveler to keep track of the time ourselves...:p

How did it go?

It went great. They watched the clock and seemed to have a schedule. It is a long fast drive and if we had any car troubles I don't know what they would have done. But we were fine and would use them again. We got back with plenty of time to spare and passed the carnival bus en route

As I recall, the shoppingat the cave tubing site is mostly related to the site, with tees and some native crafts. Small shop.

At the pier, you can "shop" in all of 10 minutes:D. With2 exceptions every store is operated by the typical cruise pier vendors, like Diamonds International and Tanzanite. The 2 exceptions are the MoHo Chocolate store and a store carrying made in Belize (but maybe not) items.

if you have more than 30-45 minutes to spare before your last tender, when the cavetubing excursion van lets you out outside the gates, head directly across the street to the local crafts market where you will find made in Belize items at lower cost than inside the tender pier area.

We did the cavetubingbz. It was wonderful!! A real treat to ride an inner tube through the caves. Two guides were with us all the way, so it was very safe and yes we were back at the port on time very safely. However, I am not a shopper/so maybe you would have a few minutes. Hey!! You can shop anywhere, but the cave tubing is not to be missed.

We did the cavetubingbz. It was wonderful!! A real treat to ride an inner tube through the caves. Two guides were with us all the way, so it was very safe and yes we were back at the port on time very safely. However, I am not a shopper/so maybe you would have a few minutes. Hey!! You can shop anywhere, but the cave tubing is not to be missed.

patmama,

:confused:Since you have done the cave tubing with BZ.com can you tell me if you made reservations using their e-mail or just calling? I have e-mailed them twice and h ave not received a reply. Just wondered how long it took you before you received some sort of confirmation it you e-mailed.

Also, can you tell me what you thought about the lunch they included on the tour? What was served and if the Rum punch (that is FREE) was really good? Just some thoughts on the extras included in the tour.

And one other thing....they advertised that they carry the tubes to the caves...is that true or did you have to carry your tubes at all on the tour?

Thanks in advance for any additional info about the tour you can provide.:D

patmama,

:confused:Since you have done the cave tubing with BZ.com can you tell me if you made reservations using their e-mail or just calling? I have e-mailed them twice and h ave not received a reply. Just wondered how long it took you before you received some sort of confirmation it you e-mailed.

Also, can you tell me what you thought about the lunch they included on the tour? What was served and if the Rum punch (that is FREE) was really good? Just some thoughts on the extras included in the tour.

And one other thing....they advertised that they carry the tubes to the caves...is that true or did you have to carry your tubes at all on the tour?

Thanks in advance for any additional info about the tour you can provide.:D

I'm not Patmama however I have booked a tour with cavetubing.bz for Christmas day. I made a reservation the week before and then we had to change our cruise to the following week. I emailed Vitalino about moving our reservation and to ask whether they would be open on Christmas day. He contacted me the same day. Here's his direct email: vitalinoreyes@gmail.com. He responded within one day when I made the original reservation. I'm sure you'll hear from him soon.

Nancy

Edited by PrincessNancy

Hi guys,

Thanks for all of your input about .bz - my wife and I are strongly considering Cave Tubing with them when we are in Belize in November.

Just some questions -

While we are tubing, where do we keep our personal items? Are there lockers, or something like that? Keep them in the van?

Also, will bugs and/or mosquitos be a real (deal-breaking) issue? We see that many Belize excursions recommend bringing insect repellent, and its not like wearing long pants is an option in this case.

Thanks again :)

I'm not Patmama however I have booked a tour with cavetubing.bz for Christmas day. I made a reservation the week before and then we had to change our cruise to the following week. I emailed Vitalino about moving our reservation and to ask whether they would be open on Christmas day. He contacted me the same day. Here's his direct email: vitalinoreyes@gmail.com. He responded within one day when I made the original reservation. I'm sure you'll hear from him soon.

Nancy

Nancy,

Thanks for posting Vitalino's personal e-mail. I sent my reservation request to that addy. Hope to receive a reply soon from him.

Hi guys,

Thanks for all of your input about .bz - my wife and I are strongly considering Cave Tubing with them when we are in Belize in November.

Just some questions -

While we are tubing, where do we keep our personal items? Are there lockers, or something like that? Keep them in the van?

Also, will bugs and/or mosquitos be a real (deal-breaking) issue? We see that many Belize excursions recommend bringing insect repellent, and its not like wearing long pants is an option in this case.

Thanks again :)

Nabalab,

I have not taken this tour yet. I have one booked for this Nov. However, I do know, from what I have read online from other who have already taken the tour...that you are able to keep your belonging in the van, which is locked up.

We went at end of may, we carried along and used a small can of off, not sure if it was needed. Left camera and change of clothes and money in van, felt like a safe place, and we had no problems. We bookede though web and email and had great response they were waiting when we got off and we he to wait abou 5 in for last couple. We loaded in 2 vans and headed out. Longggg. But good drive!

Thank you monakayk and Jgarriso!

We posted a question on one of the FB groups about what to do in Belize. 90% of the people said Cave Tubing, and not definite yet, but I think we are going to go with .bz