Price increase on wine package?

So..I'm sailing Oasis next Saturday.....and yesterday got an email from RCCL about the beverage packages....

Today I decided I would purchase the wine package for $40 per day....HOWEVER...when I clicked on it to purchase...it comes up at $45.00 per day!! what the hell!?

This doesn't seem right to me.... Not buying it now.... It's the principle...

Here are the 2014 prices

As of March 2013, there’s a new “Wine and Dine” Package called “Premium Platinum Package” - its cost depends on the number of bottles [below prices are with the 15% gratuity added]:

5 bottles US$165

7 bottles US$220

10 bottles US$300

12 bottles US$335

(SPARKLING) “Caposaldo/Prosecco”, “Chateau Ste Michelle”

(WHITE) “Moscato/Castello del Poggio”, “Attems/Pinot Grigio”, “Kim Crawford”, “Caliterra”, “Penfolds/Koonunga Hill”, “Glen Carlou”, “Aussieres Blanc/Rothschild”, “Mer Soleil/Santa Lucia”, “Zinfandel/Beringer”

(RED) “Spy Valley”, “Charles Krug/Merlot”, “Arboleda/Carmenere”, “Torres/Ribera del Duero/Celeste”, “Trumpeter/Rutini”, “Weighbridge/Shiraz”, “Frescobaldi/Castello di Nipozzano/Riserva”, “Penley Estate/Phoenix”, “Mondavi/Cabernet” (not Solaire), and “Aussieres Rouge/Rothschild”.

The old “Gold Wine Package”:

(SPARKLING) “Chateau Ste Michelle”, Washington

(WHITE) Pinot Grigio (“Danzante”), Sauvignon Blanc (“Caliterra”), Chardonnay (“Aussieres Blanc by Barons de Rothschild” & “Castle Rock”), “Zinfandel/Beringer”

(RED) “Caliterra”, “Trumpeter” (Malbec), “Castle Rock”, “Aussieres Rouge /Rothschild”, “Weighbridge” (Peter Lehmann, AU).

The old “Platinum Wine Package”:

(SPARKLING) “Chateau Ste Michelle, WA

(WHITE) “Chateau Ste Michelle” (Riesling), “Danzante”, “Caliterra”, “Dashwood” (NZ), “Aussieres Blanc” (Rothschild), “Castle Rock”, “Kendall-Jackson, “Vintner’s Reserve”, “Solaire” (Robert Mondavi), “Beringer”

(RED) “estancia/Pinnacles Ranches”, “Caliterra”, “Trumpeter”, “Castle Rock”, “Kendall-Jackson/Vintner’s Rsrv”, “Aussieres Rouge” (Rothschild), “Weighbridge”, “Ravenswood” (Old).

The old “Diamond Wine Package”:

(SPARKLING) “Rosa Regale” (Banfi), “Chateau Ste Michelle”

(WHITE) “Chateau Ste Michelle”, “Danzante”, “Caliterra”, “Ferrari-Carano” (Fume Blanc), “Dashwood”, “Aussieres Blanc” (Rothschild), “Castle Rock”, “Kendall-Jackson” (VR), “Solaire (Mondavi), “Conundrum”, “Beringer”

(RED) “Estancia/Pinnacles Ranches”, “Spy Valley” (NZ), “Charles Krug”, “Caliterra”, “Trumpeter”, “Arboleda Colchagua” (Carmerere), “Castle Rock”, “Kendall-Jackson” (VR), “Aussieres Rouge/Rothschild”, “Weighbridge”, “Cline”, “Ravenswood” (Old).

Here are the 2014 prices

As of March 2013, there’s a new “Wine and Dine” Package called “Premium Platinum Package” - its cost depends on the number of bottles [below prices are with the 15% gratuity added]:

5 bottles US$165

7 bottles US$220

10 bottles US$300

12 bottles US$335

(SPARKLING) “Caposaldo/Prosecco”, “Chateau Ste Michelle”

(WHITE) “Moscato/Castello del Poggio”, “Attems/Pinot Grigio”, “Kim Crawford”, “Caliterra”, “Penfolds/Koonunga Hill”, “Glen Carlou”, “Aussieres Blanc/Rothschild”, “Mer Soleil/Santa Lucia”, “Zinfandel/Beringer”

(RED) “Spy Valley”, “Charles Krug/Merlot”, “Arboleda/Carmenere”, “Torres/Ribera del Duero/Celeste”, “Trumpeter/Rutini”, “Weighbridge/Shiraz”, “Frescobaldi/Castello di Nipozzano/Riserva”, “Penley Estate/Phoenix”, “Mondavi/Cabernet” (not Solaire), and “Aussieres Rouge/Rothschild”.

The old “Gold Wine Package”:

(SPARKLING) “Chateau Ste Michelle”, Washington

(WHITE) Pinot Grigio (“Danzante”), Sauvignon Blanc (“Caliterra”), Chardonnay (“Aussieres Blanc by Barons de Rothschild” & “Castle Rock”), “Zinfandel/Beringer”

(RED) “Caliterra”, “Trumpeter” (Malbec), “Castle Rock”, “Aussieres Rouge /Rothschild”, “Weighbridge” (Peter Lehmann, AU).

The old “Platinum Wine Package”:

(SPARKLING) “Chateau Ste Michelle, WA

(WHITE) “Chateau Ste Michelle” (Riesling), “Danzante”, “Caliterra”, “Dashwood” (NZ), “Aussieres Blanc” (Rothschild), “Castle Rock”, “Kendall-Jackson, “Vintner’s Reserve”, “Solaire” (Robert Mondavi), “Beringer”

(RED) “estancia/Pinnacles Ranches”, “Caliterra”, “Trumpeter”, “Castle Rock”, “Kendall-Jackson/Vintner’s Rsrv”, “Aussieres Rouge” (Rothschild), “Weighbridge”, “Ravenswood” (Old).

The old “Diamond Wine Package”:

(SPARKLING) “Rosa Regale” (Banfi), “Chateau Ste Michelle”

(WHITE) “Chateau Ste Michelle”, “Danzante”, “Caliterra”, “Ferrari-Carano” (Fume Blanc), “Dashwood”, “Aussieres Blanc” (Rothschild), “Castle Rock”, “Kendall-Jackson” (VR), “Solaire (Mondavi), “Conundrum”, “Beringer”

(RED) “Estancia/Pinnacles Ranches”, “Spy Valley” (NZ), “Charles Krug”, “Caliterra”, “Trumpeter”, “Arboleda Colchagua” (Carmerere), “Castle Rock”, “Kendall-Jackson” (VR), “Aussieres Rouge/Rothschild”, “Weighbridge”, “Cline”, “Ravenswood” (Old).

No...I'm talking about the all you can drink wine package...advertised in the email for $40 pp per day.....but when I clicked to buy it...was $45.00 pp per day!! It's called the Select Package.

Bait and switch?!

The email Came YESTERDAY!! And I tried to buy it today...

Edited by barbatkins

I called RCI today and I was told it was still $40 per day. I told the agent that the web says $45 and she said that was wrong. I decided not to buy online. I don't trust the site now.....

Edited by lovesthebeach2

No...I'm talking about the all you can drink wine package...advertised in the email for $40 pp per day.....but when I clicked to buy it...was $45.00 pp per day!! It's called the Select Package.

Bait and switch?!

The email Came YESTERDAY!! And I tried to buy it today...

I see you're talking about the Select (beer and wine) package. It's confusing when referred to as the "Wine Package" because that is a different offering of wine bottles only. So it sounds like the Select package price is going up to $45 per day.

If it's typical Royal, the price change will occur at different times on different ships, and confuse us all more.

Edited by clarea

I called RCI today and I was told it was still $40 per day. I told the agent that the web says $45 and she said that was wrong. I decided not to buy online. I don't trust the site now.....

Oops!! Sorry was posting as you had posted

Happy Days :)

Sorry about that

Yep $40 is what I am seeing also

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

Might be worth a call to C&A to see why they are adding on another $5

The C&A agent I spoke to told me at first that the extra $5 was the tip..... She obviously had no idea what she was talking about .... I told her the tip is included. I really don't think the agents know what they're selling.

The C&A agent I spoke to told me at first that the extra $5 was the tip..... She obviously had no idea what she was talking about .... I told her the tip is included. I really don't think the agents know what they're selling.

Agree....guess I'll check into it on the ship....and decide if I think I'll drink enough to make it worth it.

Does anyone know how much an individual glass if wine costs on Oasis?

Thanks.. Barb

Agree....guess I'll check into it on the ship....and decide if I think I'll drink enough to make it worth it.

Does anyone know how much an individual glass if wine costs on Oasis?

Thanks.. Barb

Varies, somewhere between $6 and $22 per glass.