Following Up, Bonnie... Savings For Singles During 2015...

Xport

In the thread cited below [please specifically see posts 35-40], several of us expressed potential interest in reduced single supplement cruise offerings--beyond the very few currently available--during 2015...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1940120&highlight=singles&page=2

Any update? A month has passed; those of us who travel solo like to plan ahead too...

I am just off the Journey and there were only two cruises with reduced single supplements (for balcony cabins) for 2015. I was told to wait for reduced single supplements for 2015. I think Azamara needs to determine where they need to fill cabins,before they offer them to us at a reduced rate. If their pattern hold true, they will offer them on the Asian cruises in Fall 2015 I am interested in about a year out.

In the thread cited below [please specifically see posts 35-40], several of us expressed potential interest in reduced single supplement cruise offerings--beyond the very few currently available--during 2015...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1940120&highlight=singles&page=2

Any update? A month has passed; those of us who travel solo like to plan ahead too...

Good Morning Xport,

I have been told there are no new voyages to add to the 2015 reduced Single Supplement list just yet.

I see that last year Bill posted the list in August 2013 for 2014 voyages. I would expect the list to be expanded sometime this Summer as well.

I'm sorry to make you wait a few more months.

Bonnie

But with all due respect, the list for 2014 was very extensive by late April last year... That's when I booked a B2B2B to Asia--I was aboard Solstice when I did so--for 3 February until 17 March of this year [unfortunately, the second cruise terminated early and the third was fully cancelled due to the unfortunate mechanical incident Journey encountered in Tokyo Bay]...

Though Bill may have posted the list here during August 2013, I seem to recall that he did so in response to reports that some were having difficulty booking sailings at the reduced Single Supplement despite their inclusion on the website... The information was not new at the time...

Bill also reported here last autumn that there would be a Savings For Singles promotion last December... Did you see it? Well, neither did anyone else!!!

Though I'm not pleased by the essence of your post today, I do appreciate your follow-up and candor in sharing the results of your efforts... To my mind, it merely confirms my suspicions--they've been building for some time-- that Azamara has adopted a dwindling commitment toward their Savings For Singles initiative... I've got it; it is--as the saying goes--Crystal clear...

Edited by Xport

Bonnie, maybe you can answer me this:

Can I use my Open Passage benefits on a sailing which also has the double upgrade and single supplement. ? If not, and I don't use the single supplement, what dollar amount is the benefit when one is upgraded from inside to balcony? Thanks, Bonnie.

Can I use my Open Passage benefits on a sailing which also has the double upgrade and single supplement. ? If not, and I don't use the single supplement, what dollar amount is the benefit when one is upgraded from inside to balcony? Thanks, Bonnie.

I recently did so for the 19 February 2015 repositioning cruise--Rio to Miami--on Journey...

The cost of the Open Passages certificate was converted to my booking deposit and the cost reduction benefit [which varies by cruise length] associated with the Certificate was further applied against my invoice...

Edited by Xport

Hello Tango9,

Yes, as the subsequent posters mentioned, the Open Passage is combinable with the Double Upgrade and the Single Supplement.

On this topic, I see that you asked virtually the same question back on April 9, 2013 of my predecessor Bill Leiber, re combining Open Passage with other saving programs (Post#42 on the link below.)

I'm wondering if last year you had a problem with using an Open Passage certificate, or if you're now using that older Open Passage certificate and are wondering about its combinability? I guess what I'm actually wondering is if you regularly purchase the Open Passage certificates while on-board (thank you :)), and if so, do you regularly have problems redeeming them? If that's the case, let me ask a series of questions to try to understand where the break-down is...

I'd like to ask what country you book in?

Do you book direct or are you using an agent (last year and this year)?

If you use an agent, do you always use the same agent, or shop around?

If you use the same agent, does s/he know about the Open Passage program, given you asked the same question last year?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=37930233#post37930233

Hi Bonnie and thanks for your response.

Yes, I have always purchased an open passage while on board . This past cruise ( just got off Journey which sailed 5/12/14) , the TA said that she checked with Azamara and was told that I could not use the open passage. I also did not get any of the specials which Azamara was offering at the time ( choice of one: upgrade one category or OB or dollars towards Choice Air credit). Nothing. Another couple we met onboard booked the same time, same price and was given the special aforementioned promotion which Azamara was giving.

I am from the USA . The price had dropped on this cruise, but it was not a guarantee category . I had oceanview category, single supplement. I have used this agency before but not that particular agent. I was able to use open passage in the past. I am not sure what the reasoning was this time, but maybe they said it was already a deal. I was told that I could actually use the open passage, but only to get back the money I had put down in the first place.

I now hold two open passages which I would like to use but want to know what restrictions there are.

Thanks again

Hi Bonnie and thanks for your response.

Yes, I have always purchased an open passage while on board . This past cruise ( just got off Journey which sailed 5/12/14) , the TA said that she checked with Azamara and was told that I could not use the open passage. I also did not get any of the specials which Azamara was offering at the time ( choice of one: upgrade one category or OB or dollars towards Choice Air credit). Nothing. Another couple we met onboard booked the same time, same price and was given the special aforementioned promotion which Azamara was giving.

I am from the USA . The price had dropped on this cruise, but it was not a guarantee category . I had oceanview category, single supplement. I have used this agency before but not that particular agent. I was able to use open passage in the past. I am not sure what the reasoning was this time, but maybe they said it was already a deal. I was told that I could actually use the open passage, but only to get back the money I had put down in the first place.

I now hold two open passages which I would like to use but want to know what restrictions there are.

Thanks again

Hi Tango9,

Someone from Customer Service will look into this on Tuesday. Unfortunately the offices are closed until then due to Memorial Weekend.

Have you already called them and given your name and booking number? As SailinShoes points out, it is hard to resolve issues via email, and especially via a thread in a public forum. But we'll try to get to the bottom of why you're having trouble using your Open Passage certificates!

Happy Sunday!

Bonnie