Dawn Princess-Mexican Riviera

Sheila2

My son and his fiancee are taking this cruise out of San Francisco on Sept.21,2005 for their honeymoon. My son wants to surprise his new wife with the Ultimate Balcony Dinner. Here's the question: he wants to avoid booking it for a formal night when they would rather go to the dining room. Can anyone tell me which nights are formal on this itinerary?

Thanks for the help.

I didn't know the Dawn (Sun Class) offered the Ultimate Balcony Dinner. I always thought the balconies would be too small for it.

The best guess is if you book on a port day, it probably won't be a formal night. I suspect the first full day at sea (after catalina) will be formal, and the last full sea day before San Diego will be formal - but that's just a guess.

I did this cruise last year on the Sapphire and the formal nights were the 1st night after Catalina and the sea day between Cabo and San Diego. Would expect them to be the same this year on the Dawn

I'll probably be booking the Oct 1st sailing any day now. If you want a recommendation, try hookong up with Frank's Tours in Mazatlan, he does a fantastic tour at a better price than thru the ship.

Doug

Thanks for your answers. CCrain-I called Princess to confirm that it was available and the person had never heard of the Ultimate Balbony Dinner but thought it sounded wonderful.lol. We are taking the same cruise ( but not the honeymoon one:eek: ) and our balcony is 19 ft. She did confirm that it was available but I'll call again to be sure:D DougH-thanks for the help. I'll let my son know to avoid those nights.

Sheila

Hi Spingal :)

FYI I'm single and just love to cruise. Found its hard to beat but sure miss my long camping trips also. I don't have a huge income but figure I'd rather spend $$ on travel while I can, don't want any regerets later!

Doug

My fiancee and I are also taking this cruise for our honeymoon! How old are your son and his fiancee? We are 29 (me, Jess) and 30 (Dave). We will have to look for them...we're not sure how many other honeymooners will be on the ship!!

:D Jess,

I posted a message to you on your roll call and you found me here-too funny. My son Mark is 27 and his fiancee Sandi will be 27 next week. They don't do cc but let me do the research for them. I'm sure they'd be up for drinks-it would be fun if there were even more of you:eek: Mark and Sandi got engaged on our family cruise on the Coral to the Panama Canal last October and decided a cruise would be perfect for the honeymoon. I'm sure you agree:) As you can see, we're from Toronto.Where are you and Dave?

Sheila

Cool...other youngins!! We're from CT...I was so excited to see other honeymooners that I didn't even notice where you were from...DOH!! I just saw your reply on my roll call, too. We're spending a couple nights in SF before and we can't wait! It's going to be so great to get away after all the wedding planning...how are their plans going?

Jess

Hi Jess,

Hope you don't mind talking to the dreaded MIL.:eek: Mark and Sandi are staying at the Argonaut Hotel for 2 nights before the cruise. They are doing their own wedding but so far seem pretty laid back about it. I keep waiting for a crisis! Are your plans coming along?

Sheila

Jess,

6 weeks? OMG-I think we need to be seeing some more action here! Maybe I'll get them the bride and groom t-shirts or the Mr. and Mrs. hats-like they'd wear them, then you'll be sure to find them. Sandi has flaming red hair which would be hard to miss! Enjoy your planning if you can and hopefully I'll talk to you again. You may have noticed we are taking the same cruise but not until Oct. 31st. We can't wait either.

Maybe you'll run into each other on Alcatraz!

Sheila

Just had to butt in for a second with all this honeymoon talk :)

My hubby and I took our honeymoon on the Sapphire Princess to Alaska last year, and we had so many people ask us if were were on our honeymoon. We couldn't figure out why because we weren't being especially lovey-dovey or anything. Finally, one lady said, "I just had to ask becuase your rings were so shiny!" haha So, I guess the brand-new rings are a dead giveaway. We had a blast--hope you all have fun, as well.

I was on the Diamond Princess with my mom on the Mexican Riviera itinerary in March, and it was wonderful! If you need any excursion suggestions, just let me know!

Hi Spingal :)

FYI I'm single and just love to cruise. Found its hard to beat but sure miss my long camping trips also. I don't have a huge income but figure I'd rather spend $$ on travel while I can, don't want any regerets later!

Doug

Hummmm -- your single too!!?!?

And I agree with you!! I just love to cruise!! How do you get that much time off from work? I would go just as often as you do if I could swing it. Because I too don't want any regrets!

My next one isn't until next April! :eek: How will I survive that long?!

Jamie

I had been at my previous job for 16 years and had 5+ weeks vacation, and I used it all. Company closed in Nov 2002 and I immediately took off for Australia/New Zealand for a month. While I was out of work for 18 months I took a bunch or crusies and even a 30+ day camping trip. Now that I'm back at work having little vaction time really kills me. After a B2B to Alaska this spring I went negative on time off, now that I'm back to zero I hope to go negative with another Mexico cruise. (also have one on the Carnival Liberty in Feb 2006)

Take care.

Doug

Hey Jess,

I know you'll be busy when you get back but we're sailing in a mini-suite on Dawn on Oct. 31st so could you post and tell me how amazing it was? Unless you give me a teeny bit more info Mark and Sandi will just be looking for shiny new rings!

Sheila

• 5 weeks later...

Sheila - sorry it took so long to reply here...things have gotten crazy! 13 days and counting!

Anyway...I'm about 5'3" with brown hair with highlights...Dave is about 6'1" with brown hair with glasses...we'll be the ones doing nothing but relaxing!! LOL!

Actually, we've already booked the San Diego Zoo and Jungle Canopy excursions...has your son booked anything?

Jess-I haven't been on much since Mark and Sandi have finally realized all the things that haven't been done lol. I don't think they have booked anything and at the rate they're going now they may sleep through the entire cruise! 12 days to go! your heights are almost exactly the same and Mark has glasses too. I'll try to pass the info on to them. we still have to do the dreaded seating plan-are you almost ready? If I don't talk to you again-we have B401 on our cruise,right next to you-best wishes to you both and have a wonderful day on the 17th.

Thanks! One week and counting...11 days until cruise time and we can't wait!! We just finished the seating chart...I do have to say that that's been the worst part so far!!! It's not looking like great weather for 9/17 here in CT so keep your fingers crossed! Best of luck on your family's big day!

Jess

Archived