What are longer trips like on board

hbooden

Immediately fter our 12 day Tampa-to-Boston repo in April 2013, my wife and I both revealed how we don't think we could ever do a 7-day cruise again. We really got comfortable on that cruise and it was much more relaxing and laid back than the 7 day'ers we did previous. By day 4 or 5 most people are just getting into their comfort zone, and not having that hectic debarkation a couple days away hanging over our collective heads sure makes a difference in the morale of most of the passengers on the ship.

We were surprised at the amount of children on that cruise. There wasn't a lot, but more than I expected. Same with teenagers. I never expected to see that many. We're both late-40's and we figured we were about the average age on that cruise.

I learned more about Canada on that cruise than I had learned in my entire life! (About time, eh?) There was a wonderful Celtic trio on board from Cape Breton Island that played frequently in the atrium café. They created a really magical ambience. By coincidence, I'm also planning a June 2015 trip on HAL. I'm planning on sailing one-way from Boston to Montreal with my niece. I think it's going to be a lovely trip. :)

If you do it would you come back here and post a link to your review I am not on the Hal threads at all.

I agree it should be a lovely trip!

I am glad to hear they have Cape Breton Music. I am from Nova Scotia living just outside of Ottawa. We are spending the Month of August back home this year and will begin planning our retirement back home. Nothing like Maritime hospitality and culture :-) Glad you had a chance to experience taste of it :-)

A few years ago we went on a 10 day cruise on Explorer of the Seas. It was probably the best cruise we ever did! I said it felt like we moved away and that's where we lived now. lol I'd only do 10 day cruises from now on if it were up to me but my husband can't always get that much time off.

We went during July and there were alot of children, toddler, tweens and teens. Wide range of ages of adults.

We were on the Explorer in March 2014 for 10 days. You can say that we did not want the cruise to end, but alas it did.