Enchantment Review: May 16th w/15 month-old

Mom and I decided to try out the R Bar before heading off to a show. My favorite martini is no longer found on the menus. It is only in the Champagne bar menus. I asked for it anyway. The waitress was kind enough to ask the bartender for us and they made it, although it didn't quite taste the same. Last time I had one was a while back- on the Allure in 2011. I was pregnant on my 2012 cruise so I clearly wasn't drinking then!

IMG_2217_zpsc2fd89a7.jpg

IMG_2220_zps15706c0b.jpg

Now that I look at this dress- I look like a potato sack. Ugh. I really like the dress when I tried it on. For some reason I went for the next size up. Bad idea. Im donating the dress because I don't think I'll ever wear it again!!!

If anyone noticed, my mom's purse is a cruise ship.

Here are some shots of the R Bar, at the bottom of the Centrum.

IMG_5000_zpsca7ca58f.jpg

IMG_5083_zpsb39f7b4e.jpg

IMG_5087_zpsf5670baa.jpg

We went to the show. It wasn't anything wonderful. Not even memorable actually, just over a month later and I cannot remember what it was about or any songs. It was something to do. We wandered around and heard some noise coming from the Centrum. There was some kind of game going on. Audience participation. They split the crowd in two. It was a dance off to random songs, lots of throwbacks to the late 80s and early 90s. Some other decades and genres as well. It was a real high energy game! We watched from a few floors up. If I had a few drinks in me and my husband I probably would have joined it!

The first photo is the crowd dancing. The following ones are just some shots of the Centrum all lit up. Im sure if I had a good camera and a little bit of skill these would be some awesome shots.

IMG_2230_zpsce6a980f.jpg

IMG_2235_zpse8e4da68.jpg

IMG_2232_zpsf8795bc7.jpg

IMG_2234_zps19c4d5ad.jpg

After we were done wandering we decided to go back to the nursery to pick up my son. We approached the door and there was another "babies sleeping" sign up. Of course it was my son :)

We supplied both the yellow and white blanket as well as his monkey lovey. (The small thing in his hands.) They change to sheet on the cot with each child. Although there were two other babies in there at the time. One in a crib and the other playing on the floor. Two women were working the nursery at this time as well.

072_zpsa5f68d2f.jpg

Overall I was very happy with the nursery. I felt that the women working in the room were competent, caring, and friendly. They were always engaged with the kids when we saw them.

We went back to the room, packed up, and went to sleep. Getting off the ship wasn't difficult. I think we were off by 9:30am. We got back to our car within 20 minutes. The driver from the Radisson was really nice, he dropped each family off at their personal cars, unloaded the suitcases from the bus, and even put our suitcases in our SUV for us. Overall I HIGHLY recommend the Radisson Resort at the Port parking option!!

So what's up next for us??

We are going on a cruise in July on the Carnival Breeze. No nursery onboard, so slightly disappointing. However they do have babysitting during select daytime hours that we plan to use so DH and I can explore Waterworks and the Ropes Course during one of the port days.

DH and I also have trips on the Brilliance (Canada/New England in October) and Liberty (5-day Caribbean with his brother, his wife, and our 2 nieces in November). We're very happy that both of those ships have nurseries.

I plan to fully review each of these cruises as well, so look for those if you're interested!

In the following post I will compare strollers and my opinion on which worked best!

Edited by smileyperry

So back when we sailed on the Carnival Glory we brought along The First Years, Ignite. It was a lightweight stroller that folded up compactly.

It fit nicely at the end of the bed and completely out of the way. It worked for what we needed.

IMG_3609_zps1ea7bb32.jpg

Here it is in use.

IMG_1815_zpsd87698e0.jpg

Pros: Lightweight. Fit through cabin doors. Built in cup holder. Collapsed compactly.

Cons: Little to no recline.

In between cruises we upgraded to the Chicco Liteway. It was more money. I think it sells for $120, but I bought it during the Babies R Us Trade in event and saved 25%. I sold the Ignite for close to what we bought it for to a neighbor. I LOVE the Liteway umbrella style stroller. I have an expensive City Mini GT at home for everyday use, but I'd rather stick with the Liteway for every day use to be honest!

(FYI- I have a very bad track record with strollers. I've owned 6 different strollers before figuring out which ones I really like. My husband told me NO MORE!!!)

So here's the Liteway. It fit in the closet on the Enchantment without needing to be collapsed.

IMG_5149_zps45977303.jpg

IMG_4935_zpsbc0ec7bf.jpg

Pros: Rides VERY smoothly. Lightweight. Fits through cruise ship doorways. Collapses reasonably small. FULLY RECLINES!

Cons: No cup holder. (and the aftermarket ones all lean sideways when attached.) Slightly heavier than the Ignite (but not a deal breaker).

In the end I much prefer the Liteway. As I stated above I would like to use this for everyday use.

Edited by smileyperry

• 1 month later...

Cool! Thanks. Did your son try to pull it down? I'm worried my little one will try to do that. Do you know the dimensions of the curtains that you brought?

We are going to sail on the Enchantment of the Seas in September and it will be my son's first cruise. He is 2. Did you bring your own pack and play or did you have to ask for a crib there?

I bought them at a local teacher store. They sell them on amazon. Learning Resources Magnetic hooks. They hold something like 13 lbs each, very sturdy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Cool! Thanks. Did your son try to pull it down? I'm worried my little one will try to do that. Do you know the dimensions of the curtains that you brought?

We are going to sail on the Enchantment of the Seas in September and it will be my son's first cruise. He is 2. Did you bring your own pack and play or did you have to ask for a crib there?

No, he didn't try to pull on it. He tried to peak around the corner. We just used it again a couple weeks ago on another cruise and I snapped a picture of his peek a boo antics!

IMG_5552-Copy_zps5405d18f.jpg

I am unsure of the dimensions, it's a standard shower curtain. Our reservation was automatically noted with a crib request. Royal Caribbean is pretty good at automatically flagging reservations for those things based on age. It was already set up when we arrived in the room. On a previous cruise we took him on we brought our own pack n play.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by smileyperry

• 8 months later...

This review was so helpful. It was exactly what I was looking for. My DH, DD(18 months), and myself are going on our very first cruise. We will be sailing on the Enchantment in July. This review answered a lot of my questions about the royal babies and tots programs. Thank you so much for this. I was having a hard time finding information on it.

Thank you so much for writing this review - we cruised with our son when he was old enough for kids clubs, and now with a second are hoping to limit our trips to those with nurseries for a few years. This was extremely helpful!

• 2 weeks later...
Great Review thanks, Travelling on the Freedom in Sept with our little one, Not too many reviews to do with travelling with a baby

Thanks Again

If you check out my signature, you can read my review of Brilliance the seas. That one is very lengthy because we spent some time in Boston before hand. However I included a lot of information about the nursery onboard.

• 5 months later...

Hi Sunkissed Mommy,

I have a question. I will be traveling on the enchantment for NYE. I got lucky and was able to get ahold of a compass through a nice person here on this forum. It says that the nursery hours are in the evening and open play was in the day. Was your compass like that as well? I wanted to book some alone time during the day but it will be hard if the nursery doesnt offer care during the day.

Thanks!

Thanks so much for your detailed review! We are traveling in February with our 2.5 year old and our 6 year old- it will be our first cruise all together, and we are excited/nervous about the little guy. I feel much better after seeing how well your handsome little man did!

Thanks again-

Hi Sunkissed Mommy,

I have a question. I will be traveling on the enchantment for NYE. I got lucky and was able to get ahold of a compass through a nice person here on this forum. It says that the nursery hours are in the evening and open play was in the day. Was your compass like that as well? I wanted to book some alone time during the day but it will be hard if the nursery doesnt offer care during the day.

Thanks!

No. They had both day and night hours for the nursery. I'll have to try to locate the time schedule from my trip. I was able to get a massage and then get off the ship for a little bit.

They may have changed it since last year. As soon as I find the times I will let you know!

No. They had both day and night hours for the nursery. I'll have to try to locate the time schedule from my trip. I was able to get a massage and then get off the ship for a little bit.

They may have changed it since last year. As soon as I find the times I will let you know!

Great, Thanks for your help!

• 4 months later...