Extra cost food/drink

alolewis

Last time I cruised Princess was in 1982, a lot has changed since then. Just booked Coral Princess Nov 4 Panana Canal, late booking due to chnage in vacation plans. Question: Is there a charge for lattees and cappuccino in the Patisserie and also for ice cream in the ice cream bar? DW has to have her lattee and I need my ice cream.

Book category AH Balcony guarantee - any experience on when Princess will assign a cabin (only balcony category available at this late date - only minisuites available were those without balconies per my TA)

Any other hints/things to know not already coverd on this board?

Tranditional or Anytime dining?

Thanks.

At this late date, can you even get traditional dining? I've had both anytime and traditional and both have their benefits, in my opinion, though I prefer traditional (late) dining, I think it's just more fun to get to know the same folks and I've always been lucky enough to meet some really nice people. I've done the Coral Panama Canal in 2004 and going again in December 2005. It's a great ship and itinerary.

As far as the guarantee, I have almost always gotten an assignment rather quickly and then not been upgraded further. I'm sure others have had different experiences. Did you check the personalizer on princess.com to see if your room assignment and dining assignment are there?

Yes there is a charge for coffee drinks at the Patisserie and there is a charge for ice cream at the Hagan Daz bar near the Lotus spa, but of course delicious ice cream is available at every meal in the dining room at no extra charge. As far as coffee drinks in the dining room, cappucino was free the last time I sailed, but I have heard from others that some Princess ships do charge for it - so it seems to be an unevenly set procedure.

Yes there is included ice cream for one hour in the buffet. But watch out, they close to the second of one hour, if your in line too bad, once the hour is up they are gone in seconds. It is something to watch, I have never seen people leave so fast. They also use the smallest papercup that I have ever seen. You really need to get a larger dish before getting in the line. And talk about lines, the ice cream line will be one of the longest and slowest you will ever see. But its included, and it is a great change from a few years ago, when if you wanted ice cream, you would have to pay for it. Princess needs to dump the pay ice cream.

Archived