B2B ~ Independence ~ April 20th & 26th: My Diary

As always' date=' I will end this thread with a toast to all our cruise buddies.....live and VICARIOUS. We so enjoy cruising with you.[/color'] This was a great two weeks and we look forward to doing this again when the Indy returns to this side of the pond.

MAYBE some day we can cruise together and actually be on the same ship!.:p

Jane

Just caught up with your cruise report, fantastic as always . Al , Phyliss , John and yourself are looking well as is George.

Hope to cruise with you guys in the future.

Bryce

Bryce! So good to hear from you! We had the best time chatting with you on Facebook while we were sitting at the pool at the Marriott in St. Kitts!

We have GOT to all cruise together again. Would be so fun!

Sunday ~ May 4th ~ Fort Lauderdale to Port Canaveral

Up very early this morning (5AM). Grabbed some coffee in the CL. We finished up our packing. We were proud of ourselves for doing a good job yesterday......not much left to do this morning.

We had early tags and would be called off first after the walk offs....supposedly at 7 AM.

We went on down to the dining room on deck 4 around 6:45.....and sure enough' date=' we were off at 7 as promised! Disembarkation was a breeze as far as those go. Everything moved along very quickly.....good thing because we were a little anxious about getting to our car (which we hoped was still there), repacking our suitcases, and getting on the road to Port C.

Everything went very smoothly and we were on the road by 8. We stopped at a McDonald's along the way and got breakfast.

We pulled into the Park and Cruise on Merritt Island, where we had reservations, at about 11:45. Not bad!

Apparently, I was very negligent about making any pictures of this process!! I'm slipping. But we were very pleased at how everything went. We were able to get on board Freedom just a little later than we usually would have, had we spent the night in Port C.

I'll start a new thread for the Freedom cruise, so please stop by in there and say hello! (We actually went in search of the real Mud Pie there!)

As always, I will end this thread with a toast to all our cruise buddies.....live and vicarious. We so enjoy cruising with you. This was a great two weeks and we look forward to doing this again when the Indy returns to this side of the pond.

Not sure when we are cruising again except for the Jewel in Nov/Dec, so stay tuned. I'm sure we'll find something in the meantime! (Right, Al and Phyllis?)

So ........cheers! And thanks for reading!

DSC03511_zpsfb46b624.jpg

Loved your review. Thank you. Can't wait to read your next one

Oma.....thanks so much! They are fun to do and help me re-live the trip!

Smelly....hopefully the Freedom review will be started either tonight or tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Jane I loved the review. Freedom is our favorite ship and we are giving the Indy a try next year.

Without spoiling the Freeodm review, how did the two stack up? Did you prefer one? It looks like Freedom gets much better reviews, so I'm curious what you thought.

We booked Independence with your suggestion of the Marriott in St. Kitts in mind so I'm excited to try a new port :).

Edited by kruzerci

Been busy with some post tax season work that had to be done before our June 9 Vision cruise so I finally got back to your thread today.

We will be bookending your Nov-Dec Jewel trip with our own b2b on the Jewel in July and our just booked Jewel California Coastal in Sept 2015 from Vancouver to LA. Jewel is the only Radiance class ship we haven't been on.

Jane I loved the review. Freedom is our favorite ship and we are giving the Indy a try next year.

Without spoiling the Freeodm review, how did the two stack up? Did you prefer one? It looks like Freedom gets much better reviews, so I'm curious what you thought.

We booked Independence with your suggestion of the Marriott in St. Kitts in mind so I'm excited to try a new port :).

Hey...thanks so much!

Well.....to be honest......we much prefer Independence, but they are basically the same ship. There are some things that we like better on Freedom, though. I think we just have more friends among the Indy staff and crew and that makes a huge difference. There are some things that Freedom does differently than other ships and I guess I just don't like change.

When you go to St. Kitts......beware of the guys with the little monkeys in the port area. They will put a monkey on your back before you know it and want twenty dollars to take him off! St. Kitts is beautiful. A day at the Marriott is so relaxing!!

Been busy with some post tax season work that had to be done before our June 9 Vision cruise so I finally got back to your thread today.

We will be bookending your Nov-Dec Jewel trip with our own b2b on the Jewel in July and our just booked Jewel California Coastal in Sept 2015 from Vancouver to LA. Jewel is the only Radiance class ship we haven't been on.

I love the Jewel! Sounds like you have some great cruises booked. I hope Capt. Gustavo is on board when we are. Have fun on Vision!

Edited by max'smom

Hey...thanks so much!

Well.....to be honest......we much prefer Independence' date=' but they are basically the same ship. There are some things that we like better on Freedom, though. I think we just have more friends among the Indy staff and crew and that makes a huge difference. There are some things that Freedom does differently than other ships and I guess I just don't like change.

When you go to St. Kitts......beware of the guys with the little monkeys in the port area. They will put a monkey on your back before you know it and want twenty dollars to take him off! St. Kitts is beautiful. A day at the Marriott is so relaxing!!

You and I will get along better than you could imagine.

Thank you for your review!! We are on Indy for the 1st time next March for an 8 night. Any suggestions in San Juan for the short port day? We have never been there before..

Great....the 8 night is a great cruise.

I think a lot of people love to go to the fort. It's really neat. I remember going there years ago and loving it. If you are in good shape, you can walk all over Old San Juan and just enjoy the architecture. There is a tram that you can get from one place to another, but we have never used it. There are lots of great shops and stores for shopping.

Great....the 8 night is a great cruise.

I think a lot of people love to go to the fort. It's really neat. I remember going there years ago and loving it. If you are in good shape' date=' you can walk all over Old San Juan and just enjoy the architecture. There is a tram that you can get from one place to another, but we have never used it. There are lots of great shops and stores for shopping.[/size']

Super!! Thank you!!

Back to the cabin and our luggage had arrived' date=' so we were able to get unpacked. We put a couple of luggage tags on a case of water, and that arrived, too![/font']

DSC03211_zps98f423df.jpg

Can you bring a case of water on all RCI cruises? If so why do I need the water package? We are going on the Freedom in July. Can I bring it on with me or do I have to put it with the luggage?

Thanks

Can you bring a case of water on all RCI cruises? If so why do I need the water package? We are going on the Freedom in July. Can I bring it on with me or do I have to put it with the luggage?

Thanks

You always run the risk of them saying no. We've taken a few bottles on board in our carry on before, but the last few cruises we've just put a luggage tag on a case and sent it up with the luggage. If it goes through, great....but if not....no big deal. We've never had a problem. I think their prices for water are a little ridiculous.

Hi - Can you tell me the cab fare to Palm Beach? Myself, dh and dd are thinking of going there when we're on Indy for Thanksgiving. I've never been to Orient beach and I don't care for crowds. This looks perfect. Thanks in advance!

Hi - Can you tell me the cab fare to Palm Beach? Myself, dh and dd are thinking of going there when we're on Indy for Thanksgiving. I've never been to Orient beach and I don't care for crowds. This looks perfect. Thanks in advance!

It is $7 pp. The cab drivers always want to drop you off on the opposite side of the beach, but they will take you to Palm Beach after they drop others off there. Be sure and tell them you want to go to Palm Beach. It's all the way at the other end. It takes about 4 or 5 more minutes to get there. hope you enjoy it!!