lemonade on Ms Rotterdam

selma

Wondering if it was just me being half blind or perhaps of because the ms Rotterdam was on an extended stay in Europe, but what about lemonade onboard the ms Rotterdam?

It's safe to say I've become addicted to it eversince my first stay in the US. Yet somehow didn't gave it a second when on the ms Rotterdam last year and can't remember seeing it during my 14 days onboard nor it ever being mentioned as a drink option. Have to say though, haven't been at any of the bars and since learned that some (yummy sounding) flavoured lemonades are on the bar menu.

What about the availability of lemonade onboard the ms Rotterdam? Is it freely available eventhough she's on an extended stay here in Europe or have they perhaps made changes to suit the larger Dutch crowds? Using the search function gives me some postings mentioning getting it in the lido buffet, but never seen it nor ever offered. Was this an off experience and can I just ask for it (like I soon learned one has to do for juices at the lido when any time other than breakfast) or is the bar my only option on the ms Rotterdam? And if so; does HAL classify the lemonade as a "soda" for which one can use the soda card or not? Seeing the $4.25 price on the barmenu I found, I doubt it, but just want to know what to expect considering right beverage cards etc.

And if anyone happens to know; do they serve regular or diet lemonade or both? I need to stick to some dietary requirements which aren't always easy, so knowing upfront if a full cal option is available and thus no needing to lug along my own full cal softdrink makes packing easier. Obviously I'll contact hal if need be, but reckoned caloric info is something so many people are watching anyway this might be something known already on the board.

I don't recall whether or not there was lemonade on the Rotterdam. But since I love it and don't want to go without, I usually take some instant lemonade and a pitcher with me to make my own.

I don't recall whether or not there was lemonade on the Rotterdam. But since I love it and don't want to go without, I usually take some instant lemonade and a pitcher with me to make my own.

As an addict Ive got my instant supply ;-) but wondering if I can leave it at home and safe. Somehow my supply always reduces faster than reckoned. With no more trips to the US and thus having to make due with ebay soon, stretching supplies always is welcome. Hardly a big thing, but nice to be focussing on something smaller like this

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I8190 met Tapatalk

Lemonade is hit/miss per ship, never bee on Rotterdam so can't help specifically.

Eurodam last October had dedicated dispensers for lemonade and two other powdered mix-style fruit drinks. Veendam in Aug 2012 had nothing, but then again they never had glasses for water either (only mugs, all cruise).

Easy:

At Lido, you can get lemons, sugar and/or artificial sweetener.

Cold Water

Ice

Into glass of cold water, mix the juice of how many lemons depending how tart you like it, add sugar or artificial sweetener to taste, stir and add ice.

Voila....

Lemonade. :)

On our last cruise on the Amsterdam we noticed they no longer had a lemonade dispenser in the Lido. So we would just ask the waiter for lemonade at lunch and they would bring us a glass from the bar. No charge. I suggest you ask your Lido waiter for it as it may vary ship to ship.

I like lemonade. I tried making my own with lemons, sugar and water, but it did not do the job. I discovered that the mock-tails section of the drinks menu had fresh lemonade at $4.25 a glass. I would buy one and take it to lunch.

I like lemonade. I tried making my own with lemons, sugar and water, but it did not do the job. I discovered that the mock-tails section of the drinks menu had fresh lemonade at $4.25 a glass. I would buy one and take it to lunch.

Thats what I noticed too and will definately get a few. Was just wondering if it was the only option or if there also is a "lido option".

Ill gladly refrain from making my own. The direct acidity of the lemons will probably be asking a bit too much for accidents waiting to happen. Know your flaws :-)

Spunk, no glasses? Yeiks! No dispensers other than coffee or tea as far as I can remember on the Rotterdam but at least there were glasses (most of the time still dishwash soaked) besides the mugs.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I8190 met Tapatalk

My DH and I really like that HM tremendously. He's a great guy and took the fall for things that were not his fault,,,,,, IMO

We missed him when he left.

We miss him too! He was one of our favorite HM. I agree with you Sails, he took the fall for things that were not his fault.

For those who are trying to produce lemonade from scratch...

I suggest that you melt the sweetener into regular water before adding the ice and lemon juice. Lemon juice changes the ability of the sweetener to dissolve completely (as does the ice).

As a Southerner, I have difficulty producing "sweet tea" on the ship for the same reason. If the tea is already cold, the sweetener (especially if the desire is true sugar) doesn't melt as well.

Easy:

At Lido, you can get lemons, sugar and/or artificial sweetener.

Cold Water

Ice

Into glass of cold water, mix the juice of how many lemons depending how tart you like it, add sugar or artificial sweetener to taste, stir and add ice.

Voila....

Lemonade. :)

That's exactly what I did on the Westerdam last week!

My DH and I really like that HM tremendously. He's a great guy and took the fall for things that were not his fault,,,,,, IMO

We missed him when he left.

From what I gather he's back managing hotels in Costa Roca (he had recently returned to HAL from his family business).