The Arizona Cruisers Invade the Southern Caribbean B2B on the Jewel of the Seas!

• 2 months later...
Pre-cruise San Juan, Friday, May 2 We are always “adopting” people from other states into our group!

DSC09608-L.jpg

[/color][/size][/font]

Speaking of which, either I've had my brain erased, or I forgot to find your review when this cruise was over. Something to do at lunch today!

• 9 months later...

Hi Ginny Sunny AZ Girl-

WOW just found your review doing a search & really glad I did. What a great review & fabulous pictures. I have learned so much & it helped me plan our cruise. Not sure if you will get this question in 2016, but I thought I would give it a try.

We are sailing on Adventure May 2016 to the same ports you went to on your first leg. When we get to St. Lucia, I am thinking of using Serenity Tours for the Island Tour you took. My only concern is the 7 hour tour length & getting back to the ship on time. Were there any problems returning to the ship? What time did you leave in the morning & what time did you get back to the ship for boarding? Thanks again for a great review & keep on cruising.

Harry

Hi Ginny Sunny AZ Girl-

WOW just found your review doing a search & really glad I did. What a great review & fabulous pictures. I have learned so much & it helped me plan our cruise. Not sure if you will get this question in 2016, but I thought I would give it a try.

We are sailing on Adventure May 2016 to the same ports you went to on your first leg. When we get to St. Lucia, I am thinking of using Serenity Tours for the Island Tour you took. My only concern is the 7 hour tour length & getting back to the ship on time. Were there any problems returning to the ship? What time did you leave in the morning & what time did you get back to the ship for boarding? Thanks again for a great review & keep on cruising.

Harry

We used Serenity based off of this review and couldn't be more happy we did! They are EXTREMELY professional and you will have no concern at all getting back to the ship on time. It was probably one of the best excursions we've ever done! I'm so jealous of you having this opportunity right now! I can't remember exact times, but we got back to the ship with time to spare. They will ensure you do....even if for some reason they encounter a delay while out...they'll tailor the excursion to accommodate traffic, etc.

Thanks for your response. Feel better knowing we should not have a problem based on someone who was on the tour. Their tour sounds great & I am going to book them. We can't wait for our cruise. This will be our 2nd cruise from San Juan & 1st on RCCL. Thanks again for your positive input.

Week One, Day Five – St. LuciaI guess this is a good time to explain my relationship with boats. I love boats. I don’t mind speed. I was raised in boats. However, since I was a child I can not get into a boat gracefully and I was a lot thinner then.

A good reason to join us on Adventure next year.

Edited by BillOh

Thanks for your response. Feel better knowing we should not have a problem based on someone who was on the tour. Their tour sounds great & I am going to book them. We can't wait for our cruise. This will be our 2nd cruise from San Juan & 1st on RCCL. Thanks again for your positive input.

You will enjoy the tour, I am sure! Yes, we had no problem getting back to the ship on time.:)

A good reason to join us on Adventure next year.

LOL! Yes, thinner again now.:) But we just booked a 9 night back on the Jewel in October 2017 with Sue and Audie to Italy and Greece. We will then spend 5 nights in Tuscany before flying over to Barcelona for a TA on the Freedom! We will be pretty busy in 2017!:D

I hope this doesn't go away because I am doing the exact same itinerary July 2016 for my anniversary. I guarantee I will be going back to Carambola and Coconut Beach Clubs. Likely Maho again in St Maarten but not sure since I've been there twice. But I enjoyed it both times. Undecided on the others. I have to research St Lucia to see what we will do. I likely won't do the same tour again.

We were back in St Lucia this past January on the Adventure. We purchased day passes to the Rendezvous Resort. You have to make a reservation in advance, bring a printed copy of the confirmation and pay when you get there. It is a 5 minute cab ride. The resort is couples only, no kids or groups. We paid $65 for 6 hours all inclusive. It was a great day!

That sounds marvelous but I ended up canceling our cruise there. We opted for a land vacation at an all inclusive resort in Cancun. I have too much trouble with flying long distances so it looks like a cruise out of San Juan isn't in my future. Would love to do it again but will have to wait when I retire if I have the money to fly to Florida and stay a day or two before flying to SJU and another post cruise stay.

Loved your review!! We are going on the Jewel for the southern Caribbean in March 2017. I am having trouble with planning. I am trying to find out which ports have a beach within walking distance of the pier and which ports you must purchase a taxi ride or tour. Thank you