Special diets & suites?

Does anyone know how special diets work in the suites? Specifically the butler taking care of in-suite dining and Cagney's breakfast & lunch service.

Typically we have someone in the main dining room who is our point person for ordering in advance. This is our first suite so I'm wondering how they handle the special diet issues. If anyone has experience I would appreciate any info.

TIA

-Ginger

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Does anyone know how special diets work in the suites? Specifically the butler taking care of in-suite dining and Cagney's breakfast & lunch service.

Typically we have someone in the main dining room who is our point person for ordering in advance. This is our first suite so I'm wondering how they handle the special diet issues. If anyone has experience I would appreciate any info.

TIA

-Ginger

This may cover a lot of ground you don't need, but for those who might want the info I'm including an overview.

We were in the Haven on the Jewel in April. My mother needed a low/no salt diet. We met Felicitas, the server who handles special diets in Azura, the first night. She gave us her phone number and that of her counterpart in the other MDR; one or the other always picked up as they cover for each other. We worked with Felicitas on all dining rooms. She explained that some of the restaurants prepare everything "a la minute" or at the time of the order. They can adjust the meals on the spot and you don't need to pre-order. Other restaurants prepare sauces and marinade the meat ahead so it is best to pre-order with her.

Cagney's was one restaurant that was able to accommodate us without a preorder, so breakfast and lunch were easy if we were in Cagney's. As far as ordering from the butler, we did not do that, but if I were you I would preorder through Felicitas (or her equivalent) and then explain to the butler that you had preordered and ask him/her to coordinate with Felicitas to get the correct meal for you. I'm sure they do it all the time.

Just let the restaurant manager know once you get on board. Once that is done make sure the butler is aware of the circumstance and the butler and restaurant will automatically coordinate all your special orders. The butler will usually bend over backwards to make sure everything is right.

Typically we have someone in the main dining room who is our point person for ordering in advance. This is our first suite so I'm wondering how they handle the special diet issues...Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

How special or what kind of diet issues?

How much will you be eating in room?

Are diet issues such that you can speak with server at Cagneys?

Folks will help, but the question is pretty much wide open.

I sailed with a vegan, a vegetarian, and someone allergic to shellfish in suites on the Breakaway last July.

The pre-concierge told me 'nothing could be done about the vegan' but I attended the Meet and Greet and spoke with the Hotel Director and several Restaurant Managers. Poof!!! My vegan daughter had menus delivered to the suite every morning for each restaurant we reserved and my shellfish allergic brother had a different meal at Cirque.

I highly recommend going to your Meet and Greet and working it all out! It certainly worked for us! Have a great cruise!:)

How special or what kind of diet issues?

How much will you be eating in room?

Are diet issues such that you can speak with server at Cagneys?

Folks will help, but the question is pretty much wide open.

I'm gluten free due to celiac disease.

-Ginger

Thank you for all your input. I'm not worried about it just wanted to know what to expect.

We plan on having dinner in our suite at least one night just because we've never had the option before.

-Ginger