Vision Review ... May 22, 2014

First time poster, experienced cruiser. We were just on the 5 day May 31-June5 cruise with 8 of us on board. We found the ship to be in tip top form. Morale was high, the vibe was great and the staff for the most part was on the ball. Small details such as slow drink service at times, as well as the Viking lounge being consistently slow with drinks. Luke the cruise director was fantastic we all thought. We met "Super Mario" the longtime cruiser who knows these ships inside and out and he commented that the Vision was on her game. I will have absolutely no issue with booking another cruise on this ship with the staff it has onboard. The ship was looking great.

We were in aft junior suite 8092, while the other 3 rooms were outside balcony. We range in age from mid 40s to early 20s for perspective.

Edited by SMVAO75

We just returned from the Vision today. We were in aft cabin 7652. Everything about this cruise was great. I highly recommend the Vision.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So happy you had a great cruise! I had a feeling our experience wasn't typical. We've sailed on the enchantment twice and loved it. So we had high hopes for the vision. We have three more RCI cruises booked. So hopefully better cruises ahead. Any cruise is a good cruise. But this one didn't meet expectations. I would discourage anyone from booking a short cruise over a holiday weekend. Lesson learned. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Any cruise is a good cruise. But this one didn't meet expectations. I would discourage anyone from booking a short cruise over a holiday weekend. Lesson learned. :)

Kim, The more I think about your statement, the more I agree with it.

We also have 2 more RCI cruises booked, I have not lost hope at all.

We take a lot of short cruises, RCI, Carnival, and even now Princess.

First and last holiday cruise for us.

I do not think we saw a lot of knock down drunks staggering around as much as a BIG crowd of people needing to get their $$$ worth on the drink package. Crowds like this at all the bars will just encourage more smuggling, Not that I'm a saint. :eek:

Kim, The more I think about your statement, the more I agree with it.

We also have 2 more RCI cruises booked, I have not lost hope at all.

We take a lot of short cruises, RCI, Carnival, and even now Princess.

First and last holiday cruise for us.

I do not think we saw a lot of knock down drunks staggering around as much as a BIG crowd of people needing to get their $$$ worth on the drink package. Crowds like this at all the bars will just encourage more smuggling, Not that I'm a saint. :eek:

LOL! I'm definitely no saint either. ;)

We just returned from the Vision today. We were in aft cabin 7652. Everything about this cruise was great. I highly recommend the Vision.

I will be in 7652 in a few weeks - tell me everything. Do you have any pictures to post? Thanks!

7652 on Vision is great because of the fantastic balcony. The cabin itself is narrow and I did not remember the bathrooms being so small! Reagan is a very helpful, attentive room steward. No shampoo or clocks anymore so FYI. The food was good, especially in the Solarium - be sure to get the carved beef. Female Captain very gracious and impressive. We are emerald but friends are diamond and they said the diamond club was excellent. Hope this helps. Enjoy the balcony with two loungers, two chairs and a table. Sorry I don't have pics:(

Thank you for the info Fifibeck! One more question - is there access to that "secret staircase" aft or does it start on Deck 8?

What secret staircase? We're on deck 7 too and I do not see or aware of any secret staircase other than the workers where guests are not allowed to use.

What secret staircase? We're on deck 7 too and I do not see or aware of any secret staircase other than the workers where guests are not allowed to use.

The staircase goes from deck 8 Starboard aft up to the spa and is a short cut to the Solarium. Really neat for those in cabins on Deck 8 aft.

The staircase goes from deck 8 Starboard aft up to the spa and is a short cut to the Solarium. Really neat for those in cabins on Deck 8 aft.

We used that staircase constantly. Quickest way to get to the solarium, park cafe and the pool deck. It was very convenient. :)