Freedom to Drydock?

I thought someone here had mentioned that Freedom was due to go into drydock in January, but the "schedule" for refurbishing on the website doesn't include that. Can anyone confirm it's so? Thanks...

Freedom of the Seas went into dry dock 2011. Would she be going back into dry dock this soon?

She has some pod/thruster issues. Talked with the captain at the welcome back party on our last cruise about some unusual vibration we were feeling and he said they were running with one pod "feathered", and they've had divers working on the bow thrusters off and on since 2012.

I thought someone here had mentioned that Freedom was due to go into drydock in January, but the "schedule" for refurbishing on the website doesn't include that. Can anyone confirm it's so? Thanks...

There have been other threads regarding this. It is believed that this upcoming drydock - albeit a little early - is the next 5-year planned maintenance dry dock for Freedom that all RCI ships undergo. While certainly some upgrades can take place as needed, this is not a refurbishment. As mentioned, that already took place in 2011.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

We were on the Freedom east april 20th and were three hours late leaving San Juan. They had drivers in the water all afternoon and when the announcement of delay was made , it stated just routine cleaning of the bottom. Makes sense

now. Bob

My cruise was cancelled for 1/25/15. They told me dry dock. The whole month was cancelled, not just middle, so I hope they do more than just fix the thrusters. Heard she could use a little TLC in some spots. We re-booked for 2/8 and got $200 OBC.