Statendam/Dive-In

solocanadian

Does anyone know whether the Statendam has the new Dive-In replacing the Terrace Grill? Since the ship has been sold, I'm guessing no which would be disappointing to me since I'm having a final sail on her this September.

.. did the Oosterdam have the 'Dive In'?

Not yet, as of the end of the last cruise, anyway.

Now, since we're asking about other ships---

Does anyone know if the Volendam has it yet?

The Amsterdam?

Thanks for whatever anyone can add.

Not yet, as of the end of the last cruise, anyway.

Now, since we're asking about other ships---

Does anyone know if the Volendam has it yet?

The Amsterdam?

Thanks for whatever anyone can add.

Yes on the WC, according to my "On Location". In truth, I didn't see a great difference from the prior pool grill, and I doubt that the changes required would cost too much to make the change on the Ryndam and Statendam.

Roy

Sorry I can answer you question Gail but did the Oosterdam have the 'Dive In'? I know the Zaandam had not changed over when we were on her a few weeks ago.

No she did NOT but the signage was inside the kitchen. They had posted colored pictures of the different dishes so the cooks would know how to plate them. I was so disappointed. Willing to bet it started on May 25 sailing.

Edited by solocanadian

Roy there are quite a few electrical upgrades needed in the kitchen to prepare the Dive-In food. I had a long chat with one of the foodie officers while on the Oosterdam and he explained it wasn't as simple as changing signage for the new menus. Really doubt they would bother now that the Statendam and Ryndam have been sold. Don't think P&O would care to have the HAL Dive In. Too bad for me. Guess I will have to wait until next year when I sail the Westerdam.

Just got off the Statendam on Sunday and they didn't have the Dive In, just the old Terrace Grill which was fine. Sorry to hear while I was onboard that the ship has been sold.

Was that the first Alaska NB cruise? If so, would you mind providing a short review?

• 1 month later...

We got off her June 29th and as "THELOO" stated earlier Statendam has the "Dive-In". Tried the Back-Flip (Chicken with avocado sauce) and it was great but make sure you take extra napkins little messy eating.

Have a great cruise!

Edited by Mtn Mom

Sorry I can answer you question Gail but did the Oosterdam have the 'Dive In'? I know the Zaandam had not changed over when we were on her a few weeks ago.

Yes,I was on the statendam for 14days in June and they just set it up,worked really well:D:D:D

Jim.

Does anyone know whether the Statendam has the new Dive-In replacing the Terrace Grill? Since the ship has been sold, I'm guessing no which would be disappointing to me since I'm having a final sail on her this September.

Yes,it is up and runnig, was on her in June.:D:D:D

Edited by irishjim