Dangerous hand-rails on Adventure of the Seas.

Personally I never touch the handrails, they're filthy.

However if I was someone that relied heavily on using them and thought for a second they were unsafe I'd probably just wait 2 minutes and use the elevator.

I observed them cleaning them quite often last year on FOS.. Good practice, people are filthy ;)

My logic simply says that if they are coating a railing with a greasy substance that is not noticeable to sight or smell but is slick to the touch that a warning sign is in order. You people need to stop reading into my words things I have not said.

Safety is no accident, nothing wrong with erring on the side of caution. :rolleyes:

That's the problem. The rails are not obviously wet to look at them. Therefore a sign is appropriate.

If you grabbed a rail sprayed with this cleaner it would be very slick/slippery. It's not like touching something wet with glass cleaner.

I don't understand why people in this post are so argumentative. They put up wet floor signs when floors are wet. They put up signs when railings are varnished. They should put up signs on stair railings when they are slick. Not difficult. May prevent injuries. No compelling reason NOT to err on the side of safety in this case.

I do think companies have a responsibility to warn of situations / prevent injuries whenever practical and to put it on guests to say be more careful even if you can not obviously discern a slick liquid is silly.

Edit: I can not think of a single compelling reason not to put a simple warning sign on slick railings. And you will not be able to convince me that warning others of a safety issue is somehow a bad thing.

I really have to agree with you here...I've grabbed a handrail hard as I use them for support not just cuz they are there...as such, when grabbing the rail and pushing down...that's when you could have a problem...and go sliding down a slippery rail and get hurt....most people who use the stairs don't really need the "support" of the handrail and if the handrail is damp they can walk down without holding on...people like me cannot.

By your logic, they better put up permenent warning signs. Cleaning the hand rails is not a once a day occurance. I have seen them wiping down the hand rails several times a day. They do not stay wet for very long. I think a little common sense goes a long way.

Cleaning and disinfecting .....two different solutions...I've used the handrails while they were cleaning and polishing and they weren't slippery...however, when they use the disinfectant and it has to air dry (and yes, depending on how much solution the staff member has used they can take quite a while to dry) ...that's a different story all together. As for not being a once a day occurrence, neither is washing the floor...those don't stay wet for long either and they always post signs...I have to agree with Lmaxwell there is no valid reason for not warning people.

Edited by sharpasice