WOW sale???

Its the same with Princess . If you save a cruise in My Princess, each time you visit there is a button to click to view the latest price. When we were actively cruising and looking to book we followed one cruise where the price kept changing by the hour.

Its the same with Princess . If you save a cruise in My Princess, each time you visit there is a button to click to view the latest price. When we were actively cruising and looking to book we followed one cruise where the price kept changing by the hour.

Makes it hard when you want to apply the ncc and you cant get through on the phone. I originally placed the cabin on hold on Sunday, couldnt get through all day Monday, then had to place the cabin on hold again yesterday. Finally got through after listening to their one track music for 3 hours straight:eek:

Price must have gone up whilst on the phone.

Havent heard back yet.

Ok....got our updated paperwork....no OBC....but how would we like to have the cruise fare increased by $45 each? That sounds like bull. The price for our cruise on the net has not changed at all for each of the four days we have rung up. (yep, we have rung four days in a row)

I do like the reduced deposit, but the Future Cruise Certificate is a hassle.

Standby...breaking news, we have a confirmation (version 6) and yay!!! The price is back where it should be and we have the OBC showing down the bottom of page 3. The pricing is all mixed up, as it has been right from version 1, but the total price is exactly what we first saw on the website.

Ok...the phones are being answered pretty quickly right now...and we are no longer clogging up the lines. :D:D:D

I am not sure about the OBC will show 90 days before sailing, ours is showing now and we are over 500 days out (Voyager), and the other two cruises are 151 days (Celebrity Solstice), 237 days (Rhapsody) and they are showing OBC also on the booking paperwork, as they have right from booking. I would be tempted to get that showing before you forget it is supposed to be there.

Edited by goodycruising

Ok....got our updated paperwork....no OBC....but how would we like to have the cruise fare increased by $45 each? That sounds like bull. The price for our cruise on the net has not changed at all for each of the four days we have rung up. (yep, we have rung four days in a row)

I do like the reduced deposit, but the Future Cruise Certificate is a hassle.

Standby...breaking news, we have a confirmation (version 6) and yay!!! The price is back where it should be and we have the OBC showing down the bottom of page 3. The pricing is all mixed up, as it has been right from version 1, but the total price is exactly what we first saw on the website.

Ok...the phones are being answered pretty quickly right now...and we are no longer clogging up the lines. :D:D:D

I am not sure about the OBC will show 90 days before sailing, ours is showing now and we are over 500 days out (Voyager), and the other two cruises are 151 days (Celebrity Solstice), 237 days (Rhapsody) and they are showing OBC also on the booking paperwork, as they have right from booking. I would be tempted to get that showing before you forget it is supposed to be there.

Good news for you then. At least it is all sorted. :D

You wouldnt believe it, the cruise price has dropped by $200 today but i still received an "updated" invoice with the higher priice showing. Grrrrrr back to listening to more music again.

How frustrating for you, keep at them to get it resolved. Good luck.:D

Our paperwork has just come through and it is all okay with the appropriate OBC and price. We had booked a 3 night sampler out of Sydney last night on the Explorer of the Seas. It was a good price as it sails February 2016. :D

Edited by MicCanberra

You wouldnt believe it, the cruise price has dropped by $200 today but i still received an "updated" invoice with the higher priice showing. Grrrrrr back to listening to more music again.

Hi Hugh, why don't you book it through the US? Which cruise have you booked - should we be interested:D?

I just booked one through the US with G which was on their WOW sale but when I managed to get 1060 Sydney to Honolulu, I changed. Their WOW sale has (apparently) now ended but they swapped the deposit over and gave me the $200 plus G's OBC - which you know is always great.

Cheers

Di

Our paperwork has just come through and it is all okay with the appropriate OBC and price. We had booked a 3 night sampler out of Sydney last night on the Explorer of the Seas. It was a good price as it sails February 2016. :D

Hello Mic

Are you stalking me? :D I booked the Explorer sampler too - got a JS for a great price! Looking forward to comparing her with the Voyager as they are the same size. I believe that Explorer is also due for a re-fit shortly. Do you have any dates on this?

Gae

Hello Mic

Are you stalking me? :D I booked the Explorer sampler too - got a JS for a great price! Looking forward to comparing her with the Voyager as they are the same size. I believe that Explorer is also due for a re-fit shortly. Do you have any dates on this?

Gae

No but I thought you were stalking me:eek:

Just a happy coincidence I think. (although your sig block shows March 2016 mine is the 11 February 2016 Sampler).:D

As for the refit, it will happen in 2015, April I think.:D

I just made a mistake in my signature! Will correct it later when I access my laptop. Just a bit limited using the iPhone!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just made a mistake in my signature! Will correct it later when I access my laptop. Just a bit limited using the iPhone!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No worries,

We have also jumped for a Junior Suite on that sampler,:D

Hi Hugh, why don't you book it through the US? Which cruise have you booked - should we be interested:D?

I just booked one through the US with G which was on their WOW sale but when I managed to get 1060 Sydney to Honolulu, I changed. Their WOW sale has (apparently) now ended but they swapped the deposit over and gave me the $200 plus G's OBC - which you know is always great.

Cheers

Di

Hi Di,

Yes, i should have but wanted to use the ncc.

Anyhow after many phone calls and standing my ground i got what i wanted. I have all my loyalty discounts with $200 obc plus a reduced price for the inconvenience at a total saving of $751 + obc plus wow sale 50% discount.

Even better than what G could give me.

In the future i will just use the on board booking outside of any sale. Saves a lot if hassles.

This cruise is mainly to get my son on board (Perth-Sin Apr 2016) on explorer. It goes via Penang where he was born and he has always wanted to go back for a look. Lots of sea days for eating & drinking:p

Off topic

Chris is thinking Rocky Mountains in Aug 2016 then sail back.

Hugh

Hi Di,

Yes, i should have but wanted to use the ncc.

Anyhow after many phone calls and standing my ground i got what i wanted. I have all my loyalty discounts with $200 obc plus a reduced price for the inconvenience at a total saving of $751 + obc plus wow sale 50% discount.

Even better than what G could give me.

In the future i will just use the on board booking outside of any sale. Saves a lot if hassles.

This cruise is mainly to get my son on board (Perth-Sin Apr 2016) on explorer. It goes via Penang where he was born and he has always wanted to go back for a look. Lots of sea days for eating & drinking:p

Off topic

Hugh

Glad it worked out for you.

Hi Di,

Off topic

Hugh

I will have a look at the Explorer cruise, not sure about the eating and drinking though;):D - say hi to Chris.

Cheers

Di

Di

Glad it worked out for you.

Basically i knew what my entitlements were but i kept getting a different answer from the sales reps. They are run off there feet during sales and supervisors are just not available. Most of these reps dont know or dont understand all the T&Cs. Best to argue your case after the sales when you have more chance of getting a regular rep.

Pity those new to cruising.

I got the originally offered price that i placed the cabin hold on plus extra even though the cruise fares went both up and down again during the sale. The moral is that if you place a cabin on hold then that is in effect a quote that stands for 24 hours regardless whether you use your $200 ncc as a deposit or the regular booking deposit.

Hugh

Basically i knew what my entitlements were but i kept getting a different answer from the sales reps. They are run off there feet during sales and supervisors are just not available. Most of these reps dont know or dont understand all the T&Cs. Best to argue your case after the sales when you have more chance of getting a regular rep.

Pity those new to cruising.

I got the originally offered price that i placed the cabin hold on plus extra even though the cruise fares went both up and down again during the sale. The moral is that if you place a cabin on hold then that is in effect a quote that stands for 24 hours regardless whether you use your $200 ncc as a deposit or the regular booking deposit.

Hugh

It can be very frustrating when you can understand the terms and conditions better than the reps on the phone. There is a process that is talked about here on CC "that if you don't like the answer from the cruise line, ring up someone else until you do". It is a shame it is like that but it seems to be the only way to get the entitlements you are supposed to receive.:D

It can be very frustrating when you can understand the terms and conditions better than the reps on the phone. There is a process that is talked about here on CC "that if you don't like the answer from the cruise line, ring up someone else until you do". It is a shame it is like that but it seems to be the only way to get the entitlements you are supposed to receive.:D

That is very true - I don't know how many times I have heard the name of whom I am speaking to and just thought, "hopeless", hung up and dialled again. Most of them get an F for fail:rolleyes: You get to know the incompetents.

Cheers

Di

That is very true - I don't know how many times I have heard the name of whom I am speaking to and just thought, "hopeless", hung up and dialled again. Most of them get an F for fail:rolleyes: You get to know the incompetents.

Cheers

Di

The worst thing, is when they tell you something that is just contradictory to what is advertised or on their own website. Even if it is wrong, they should be honouring it as advertised.:D