WOW sale???

Just reading Sunday paper and there is a full page ad by RCI and there Wow sale , so I checked the prices and for the same cabin I have already booked it is now $600 dearer? great WOW sale

Just reading Sunday paper and there is a full page ad by RCI and there Wow sale , so I checked the prices and for the same cabin I have already booked it is now $600 dearer? great WOW sale

Got to make you feel good though that you got in quick - they have probably been advertising the cabins at a higher price for a month and now they can call it a "sale" because the current price is cheaper than advertised for the past month. Like they do in shops and stores. (That is the cynic in me :p)

Edited by dizzy1948

Got to make you feel good though that you got in quick - they have probably been advertising the cabins at a higher price for a month and now they can call it a "sale" because the current price is cheaper than advertised for the past month. Like they do in shops and stores. (That is the cynic in me :p)

We booked ours 3 weeks ago and I have been checking prices since then and today (start of sale) is the highest price they have been since we booked so not sure how the sale works?. Anyway cant complain got ours booked before the Sales kicked in lol

If you are Crown and Anchor members, you can't use you loyalty numbers for the WOW Sale. One online TA is good in showing options for using loyalty numbers, versus BOGOHO, versus the WOW Sale. That is how we found the difference in prices. Has worked out better for us to go with the WOW Sale, pay slightly more for the stateroom but get OBC plus half price deposits.

If you are Crown and Anchor members, you can't use you loyalty numbers for the WOW Sale. One online TA is good in showing options for using loyalty numbers, versus BOGOHO, versus the WOW Sale. That is how we found the difference in prices. Has worked out better for us to go with the WOW Sale, pay slightly more for the stateroom but get OBC plus half price deposits.

Glad the wow sale worked out for you but all I am saying how can it be a sale when prices were cheaper before the sale began? and as you say payed slightly more to get your stateroom so you can get OBC? .Agree half price deposit is good but that doesn't change total fare cost.

Glad the wow sale worked out for you but all I am saying how can it be a sale when prices were cheaper before the sale began? and as you say payed slightly more to get your stateroom so you can get OBC? .Agree half price deposit is good but that doesn't change total fare cost.

They don't use sale to mean price drops. They use it for other promotions; credit and reduced deposit.

Just the way they've always promoted these 'Wow sales'.

They don't use sale to mean price drops. They use it for other promotions; credit and reduced deposit.

Just the way they've always promoted these 'Wow sales'.

Onboard credit , Reduced deposits , 2nd person half price = price drop = sale

You have to research your prices for sure. Work out what you are happy to pay for the cabin categories you are looking at. Then be happy with the itinerary, and if the cabin location is important, then book it when you are happy.

Sometimes it will go up, and sometimes it will go down. That will happen, that is the way it works. On cruises, for land accommodation, for flights, for many things. Let's not kid ourselves that the cruise lines are being nasty, it is the way the travel industry works. They try to juggle the prices to fill their offerings while getting the best total income they can.

If that is too annoying, then once you have booked, do not keep checking prices....although it is fun when you see the price go up :eek:

Also, when you see "hot" on a cruise on the website....it means it is selling well, not always that it is a special price!

Edited by goodycruising

Onboard credit , Reduced deposits , 2nd person half price = price drop = sale

Except as mentioned, the half price isn't actually a price drop. Which is the usual use of the word sale.

And this is one of the first times any suggested price drop has been included. Previous "Wow sales" are just credit and reduced deposits. More than likely the half off was just included as it still happened to be running, rather than confusing people with two promotions at the same time.

I've found in the past that though the WOW sale means that you pay half deposit and receive some on-board credit, the base prices are usually increased before these 'savings' are applied.

I'm happy that I booked my upcoming cruises via the BOGO half-price sale as they are now showing some $100's dearer!

I usually prefer to book a desired cabin more than the price so have found that as soon as the itinerary is announced is usually the best time for me.

BTW, the 2 'new' ships to our shores, Explorer of the Seas and Legend of the Seas 2015 prices are still pretty good if you can wait until then to cruise! :)

We booked ours 3 weeks ago and I have been checking prices since then and today (start of sale) is the highest price they have been since we booked so not sure how the sale works?. Anyway cant complain got ours booked before the Sales kicked in lol

Don't forget that the BOGOHO sale just ended. Prices for twin share cabins were effectively 25% off while this sale lasted. The recent price "rise" you mentioned is really just a return to their normal pricing.

Don't forget that the BOGOHO sale just ended. Prices for twin share cabins were effectively 25% off while this sale lasted. The recent price "rise" you mentioned is really just a return to their normal pricing.

A recent email from Royal Caribbean states that the BOGOHO (Buy One Get One Half Off) sale has been extended for another month.

Edited by gaechann

Some people get very 'excited' about whether a sale is a sale. Like almost every product and service advertised, the basis of savings is comparison with originally listed price like brochure price for cruises. You will often see a sale for products compare to rrp. So usually a sale is vs the original price, not the price last week.

So yes,it can be that the 'sale' price deal may not be as good as a previous price. Remember, the company advertising, (cruiseline in this case) is trying to attract more buyers, not annoy ones who already bought.

We are likely to buy a cruise this week as part of the WOW sale, as the cruise is the one we want & the 'sale' gives us 50% deposit & $US50 OBC per cabin. Maybe it was cheaper before & maybe it will be again, but that's life

Happy cruising

Edited by mr walker

Haha, we found something we liked, it seemed to be showing a combination of the C&A balcony discount, and the BOGOHO offer. So we rang, on a Sunday, to the Aussie number, and got a person eventually. We asked if we could use a future cruise certificate, and that seemed all ok, and then we asked about the OBC, yes, that would go on.....then we got the invoice, no OBC, so we tried to ring, and got the message that they are only open MON-FRI. Ok then.

Rang today, after 45 minutes got the South American call centre (so they said) and were told we had arranged it on the 31st, so we could not get the OBC as part of the 1st to 4th sale WOW. Then they said we could not get both, and we said but the BOGOHO sale has been extended, and we rang on the 1st, our time, to the Australian number to do the booking. The GOBOHO was certainly showing with the OBC offer online on the 1st our time. But...the balcony discount was higher. The OBC should be there from the FCC....

What were they thinking running a sale that starts on a weekend and then not being available on weekends. WHAT??????

Anyhow, we shall give it another day so that the whole world will have reached Monday, and try to ring again.

The good thing is that we are not too fussed if we get this or not, and this is a trip late next year. We can transfer the Future cruise cert to another cruise if this gets too convoluted.

WOW...yep, WOW, why did we starting looking at more cruises *sigh* :D

Haha, we found something we liked, it seemed to be showing a combination of the C&A balcony discount, and the BOGOHO offer. So we rang, on a Sunday, to the Aussie number, and got a person eventually. We asked if we could use a future cruise certificate, and that seemed all ok, and then we asked about the OBC, yes, that would go on.....then we got the invoice, no OBC, so we tried to ring, and got the message that they are only open MON-FRI. Ok then.

Rang today, after 45 minutes got the South American call centre (so they said) and were told we had arranged it on the 31st, so we could not get the OBC as part of the 1st to 4th sale WOW. Then they said we could not get both, and we said but the BOGOHO sale has been extended, and we rang on the 1st, our time, to the Australian number to do the booking. The GOBOHO was certainly showing with the OBC offer online on the 1st our time. But...the balcony discount was higher. The OBC should be there from the FCC....

What were they thinking running a sale that starts on a weekend and then not being available on weekends. WHAT??????

Anyhow, we shall give it another day so that the whole world will have reached Monday, and try to ring again.

The good thing is that we are not too fussed if we get this or not, and this is a trip late next year. We can transfer the Future cruise cert to another cruise if this gets too convoluted.

WOW...yep, WOW, why did we starting looking at more cruises *sigh* :D

Because you are like all of us here. totally addicted to cruising.;)

I hope your situation works out tomorrow. :D

Edited by MicCanberra

Because you are like all of us here. totally addicted to cruising.;)

I hope your situation works out tomorrow. :D

Yep, addicted :D We have been doing some more research, and the cruise ports and time we can go are right, and the price is good compared to Princess/P&O similar cruises. So we tick all the boxes that I usually bang on about, and we have picked a great cabin too. We will ring again and ask about the OBC that should come with the FCC, but it will not be a deal breaker. The FCC gave us a $100 each deposit for a cruise over 500 days away. Like that.

I think the call centres are over worked, and when the Aussie phone line should have given us the Mon to Fri open hours message, but instead we snuck through to the call centre, well, it was just one mistake/negative amongst a bunch of positives. :D:D:D

Edited by goodycruising

Yep, addicted :D We have been doing some more research, and the cruise ports and time we can go are right, and the price is good compared to Princess/P&O similar cruises. So we tick all the boxes that I usually bang on about, and we have picked a great cabin too. We will ring again and ask about the OBC that should come with the FCC, but it will not be a deal breaker. The FCC gave us a $100 each deposit for a cruise over 500 days away. Like that.

I think the call centres are over worked, and when the Aussie phone line should have given us the Mon to Fri open hours message, but instead we snuck through to the call centre, well, it was just one mistake/negative amongst a bunch of positives. :D:D:D

Grab that bargain and be happy you are satiating your addiction just a little.:D

Just spent 1 1/2 days trying to get through to rccl. Should have realised goodycruising was hogging the lines:)

Put a hold on a JS cabin during the wow sale at a good price that was almost the same as a D1.

Finally got through today and asked for it to be applied to my open next cruise cert. No problem, can do. When the agent read back the price breakdown, it was $400 dearer than the hold price. What the...?

Anyway my rep could see the discrepancy and said that rccl would honour the cheaper price and he shot off an email to the supervisor and suggested i do the same. Will see what happens.

All discounts were received, ie Loyalty OBC and balcony diamond discounts as well as the 50% and able use the next cruise $200 as the deposit.

Generally speaking i am happy with how rccl handled everything just not the long delays getting through.

Seems that the cabin price has gone up halfway through the 4 day sale causing the $400 price difference. Didnt think they could do that.

PP. The agent said that the OBC doesnt show up on the booking until 90 days from sail date.

Edited by cassamanda

Just spent 1 1/2 days trying to get through to rccl. Should have realised goodycruising was hogging the lines:)

Put a hold on a JS cabin during the wow sale at a good price that was almost the same as a D1.

Finally got through today and asked for it to be applied to my open next cruise cert. No problem, can do. When the agent read back the price breakdown, it was $400 dearer than the hold price. What the...?

Anyway my rep could see the discrepancy and said that rccl would honour the cheaper price and he shot off an email to the supervisor and suggested i do the same. Will see what happens.

All discounts were received, ie Loyalty OBC and balcony diamond discounts as well as the 50% and able use the next cruise $200 as the deposit.

Generally speaking i am happy with how rccl handled everything just not the long delays getting through.

Seems that the cabin price has gone up halfway through the 4 day sale causing the $400 price difference. Didnt think they could do that.

PP. The agent said that the OBC doesnt show up on the booking until 90 days from sail date.

Good work, :)

I suggest you keep all of this written down somewhere so if need be, you have proof.:D

Yes, prices change as per normal throughout the sales - another reason the sales aren't price based generally, but offer based e.g. x% off, OBC and/or deposit discounts.

...........The agent said that the OBC doesnt show up on the booking until 90 days from sail date.

Haha! Hubby is on the line again now :)

We have never used a Future Cruise cert before. When we have done the booking onboard with the Loyalty Ambassador the OBC showed up straight away. When we booked with Celebrity online during a promo it showed up straight away also.

We were told by the person when we booked that we would get OBC $200, but then we were able to use the FCC, so we thought the $200 may have been for the FCC as we are booking 13 nights in a JS. We saw that it was not much dearer than a D also! Yay.

We hate to clog up the lines, but any OBC is worth hanging on the phone for. :)

While I was typing the phone was answered, not bad, only about 20 minutes wait. The C&A loyalty balcony discount would come off if we were to get the WOW OBC, no problems, but we should be getting the FCC OBC. She said she will message her supervisor to get that put on, may take 72 hours. We shall keep an eye out. Not sure how much, but when we bought it we were told $100, but I know things have changed lately.....except for the sea, it is still pretty and I am looking forward to our next cruises!!! I shall update if I see the OBC appear, but will keep in mind that 90 day thing.

The cabin price going up...I have seen that on other threads. Hold means you hold the cabin, the price can change anytime and it what the price is when you do the actual booking. They say there are algorithms changing the prices as the occupancy does or does not reach targets within time frames. Hope they get your original price sorted.