Does NCL provide shuttle buses in ports? (Baltic)

Hi everyone,

I had read on some other threads that they were mentioning that their cruise ships provided shuttle buses (for a fee) from the ship to the center of town (usually). I had to call NCL to ask another question and asked about the shuttle buses and I was told that NCL does NOT provide these buses.

I wasn't sure if I was being told that just so I would buy a shore excursion instead? Does anyone know if NCL does provided shuttle buses (especially in Stockholm and Helsinki)? Any info regarding the buses (if they do exist) would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Warnemunde and Tallinn are walkable you don't need any transport at all. In SPB you should get a tour (stay away from the ship's tours and go private for that). The two Scandinavian ports have bus stops at the docks.

If you go over to the EUROPE boards under PORTS OF CALL

you will find tons of information from a PDF walking tour of Tallinn and train schedules to get around the area in Warnemunde. I think there are even suggestions on which buses and bus stops for Copenhagen.

Warnemunde and Tallinn are walkable you don't need any transport at all. In SPB you should get a tour (stay away from the ship's tours and go private for that). The two Scandinavian ports have bus stops at the docks.

If you go over to the EUROPE boards under PORTS OF CALL

you will find tons of information from a PDF walking tour of Tallinn and train schedules to get around the area in Warnemunde. I think there are even suggestions on which buses and bus stops for Copenhagen.

Thanks - I am all set in those cities and have made arrangements in SPB. I was just wondering if NCL did have a shuttle bus or not in Stockholm or Helsinki available from the cruise ship to the center of town. I did not want to use the local bus system if possible and was hoping NCL might provide an easier one for some money.

Stockholm will most likely have HOHO boats waiting when you arrive. Buy your tickets right on the pier and get ahead of all of the cruise ship buses to see all the sites. I really don't remember any shuttle buses on this itinerary. Public transport was close and plentiful for most stops except St. Petersburg where we also used SPB.

It is a wonderful cruise - enjoy!

I wish - for our cruise it looks like it is the other port (Frihammer, sp?). We are on the NCL July 12 booking.

That's a shame. I knew they had moved to the other port, but was under the impression that they were back in the centre again now, but obviously I was mistaken.

We purchased tickets for Stockholm HOHO boat and Helsinki HOHO bus online and printed them at home - less time waiting in lines. Both pick you up at the cruse terminals from what I've read.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Hi everyone,

I had read on some other threads that they were mentioning that their cruise ships provided shuttle buses (for a fee) from the ship to the center of town (usually). I had to call NCL to ask another question and asked about the shuttle buses and I was told that NCL does NOT provide these buses.

I wasn't sure if I was being told that just so I would buy a shore excursion instead? Does anyone know if NCL does provided shuttle buses (especially in Stockholm and Helsinki)? Any info regarding the buses (if they do exist) would be appreciated!

Thanks!

You may find the "shuttle" buses listed in the port excursions as "x(city or town) on your own"

We recently returned from the Baltic cruise on the Star. We had booked a private tour for Helsinski, St. Petersburg and Berlin, walked into Tallinn and Stockholm skip the HOHO bus in Copenhagen. There are not enough buses for the HOHO bus in Copenhagen to see many sights.

Chris

We recently returned from the Baltic cruise on the Star. We had booked a private tour for Helsinski, St. Petersburg and Berlin, walked into Tallinn and Stockholm skip the HOHO bus in Copenhagen. There are not enough buses for the HOHO bus in Copenhagen to see many sights.

Chris

Thanks Chris - Any other tips from your cruise on the Star (since I will be on the same one soon)? How did you like it? Thanks!

• 3 years later...