NOT booking with Carnival directly?

tbtma

Do you still get any past guest perks if you book with someone other than carnival ? For example, the past guest reception etc ( if there is anything else...Lol)

Thanks !

NOT a good idea. I don't know about the perks you mentioned but when you book under early saver and there is a price drop it is much easier to be able to contact Carnival directly. Book with a PVP and you just email them the price drops you see and they will make it happen for you. If you book with a 3rd party you must go through them for any questions and changes you want made to your booking. Read other posts about it, almost everyone suggests booking directly with Carnival. Hope that helps.

The on-board perks (guest reception, etc.) are dependent on how long you've cruised with Carnival. It has nothing to do with who you've booked with. But for someone who has done both TA and Carnival-direct (including PVP), the little extra you get from a TA is really not worth it, from my opinion. Plus, if you want to get an additional 100 OBC, you can book another cruise onboard your current one. Did this last Dec for a cruise next Jan. So, along with the shareholder OBC, the $200 OBC is a nice bonus/benefit.

Steve

The on-board perks (guest reception, etc.) are dependent on how long you've cruised with Carnival. It has nothing to do with who you've booked with. But for someone who has done both TA and Carnival-direct (including PVP), the little extra you get from a TA is really not worth it, from my opinion. Plus, if you want to get an additional 100 OBC, you can book another cruise onboard your current one. Did this last Dec for a cruise next Jan. So, along with the shareholder OBC, the $200 OBC is a nice bonus/benefit.

Steve

So, it's 100 shares to get the $100 OBC, correct? Is there a limit per year you can use it? If each person in the room has their own shares can they not get the $100?

The shareholder OBC is dependent on the length of the cruise. 1-6 days is $50, 7-12 (13?) is $100, beyond that is $250. Only one person per cabin can get the OBC. So, if two people in the cabin each have 100 shares, only one OBC is available. No limit on how many times in a year can you use it. I currently have 3 cruises booked from Sep 2014 - Mar 2015 and each has its own OBC.

Hope this helps.

Steve

I book almost all of my cruises through my local travel agent. It's a personal relationship we've built up over the years. Also, helps keep a local business open and neighbors employed. Book/buy everything online, and then you may wonder why none of the local business are there when you do need them.

Back to your original question: Yes, you can book through a third party and carnival will still treat you as the returning guest at whatever level you have. We did this on the cruise we just took. Carnival would not allow us our shareholders OBC because we booked at such a low rate (interline rate for last-minute cruise). Normally, we can book through a third party and still get shareholder benefits and accumulative nights toward levels.

I book almost all of my cruises through my local travel agent. It's a personal relationship we've built up over the years. Also, helps keep a local business open and neighbors employed. Book/buy everything online, and then you may wonder why none of the local business are there when you do need them.

Thanks I completely agree with you and love your attitude as someone who loves in a small town and I also use a travel agent

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We book with our long TA so we DON'T have the hassle of dealing with Carnival directly. :D

LuLu

Exactly and I do the same

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app