Independence first time 25th-31st May

We have just returned from our first royal carribean cruise having sailed on at least six other cruises within the last two years .The ship was fantastic,crew were very helpful,friendly and the most attentive of all our cruises.Our waiters Jerome and Omdish along with our wine waiter Malcolm were first class .Nothing was too much and service was excellent .The gym and steam room,sauna was also very relaxing and good used every morning to shed a few pounds and every afternoon to relax and enjoy the surroundings.The bay of biscay was pleasantly calm all week but he weather in all the Spanish ports was rain rain rain.Still this did not dampen our spirits,pardon the pun.The shows were all very we'll presented and the ice show out of this world.We would love to sail on Independence again in the future but she is relocating back to Fort Lauderdale at the end of this summer.Will have to try another of Rcis ships.Embarkation and disembarkation at Southampton was again extremely good previously we have flown to our ships at various ports around the med.I had the wine and beer package whilst the wife only had the soda package which again was perfect for us.

Would love to hear from other passengers who where on this cruise to hear your experiences also so look forward to hearing from you all.

Edited by brown848
Spelling mistakes

We were on the same cruise and completely agree with your comments. Everything was first class as usual for RCI. The weather could have been better but we still managed to get a tan on the two sea days. We were a little worried about the Bay of Biscay being rough but it was really calm both ways.

We also had previously flown to our departure point on prior cruises (15) and leaving from Southampton was a first for us. It was a breeze, they really have got things sorted. I think the staggered boarding times helped.

Good to know that the little boy who was airlifted off is now back in the UK and on the mend. It was quite a spectacular but emotional sight to see the helicopter taking him and his family off the ship. Real life emergency drill for the crew too!

We had a great time too, bar the weather. But we didn't let that spoil anything. Service in the MDR was exceptional and food was good too. Enjoyed the ports especially our day in Paris.

Our only gripe was we only saw our room attendant once, and the lady in the C&A bookings room was most unhelpful- otherwise great trip, great ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What?

The food was the equivalent to School dinners, bar chops grille.

Service was second rate and the weather was bloody awful.

confused :confused:

Guess they were mistaken when they thought they had a good cruise. Good thing you were here to set them straight :rolleyes:

So glad to read this the last few reviews of Indy have been all bad was starting to regret booking my 1st cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh no don't regret it- Indy is a wonderful ship with great amenities. You can't control the weather but with the right spirit even the weather didn't get us down. You'll have a wonderful time I'm pretty sure of that.:)

Very grateful for the three positive reviews. We are boarding Indy in just over a week for a 14-night cruise -- I can hardly wait!!!!!

Oh how wonderful I'm so jealous- I hope you have as good a time as we did:)