Holyhead Busy Bus

Quote: City Pete

I think this is pretty unfair as Busybus acted promptly in accordance with their terms and conditions. All the people I spoke with received their refunds really quickly and Mr Rosenfeld certainly answered my e-mails quickly and courteously.

I also think it's unreasonable to expect a small, independant excursion provider to foot the full costs of a last-minute cancellation. Don't you think they suffer with the inability to re-sell their staff, assets and services elsewhere? 50% was reasonable to me. If you go independant there's always an element of risk but that's the price for escaping the ships herded excursions for often twice the price!

The ship refunded the other 50% anyway ($38) so it appears there are certain individuals who actually wanted to profit from others misfortune!

Yes! Definitely a very unfair and unforgiving "attack" on small independents like Busy Bus." City Pete's commentary seems more than a little biased. Celebrity did not refund the other 50% of the tour per his quote. Yes, port taxes of $13 per person were refunded by Celebrity, but not a dime for the missed tour. Then he adds insult to injury by labeling disgruntled customers as "wanting to profit from others misfortunes." His statement couldn't be further from the truth. I find it interesting that the exact verbiage was in the email I received from Peter Rosenfeld/manager at Busy Bus. Read some of the reviews for Busy Bus on Trip Advisor and see for yourself the defensive and snarky comments/responses made by Peter R. regarding customers who had issues with his tours. Only wish I had read them prior to booking with Busy Bus.

I just emailed Busy Bus about the 50% fee. This is their reply: "our previous policy was a 50% refund. This has been replaced for the 2017 (and onwards) season." This was from Adrian - Team Busy Bus. Also their website states 100% refund if the ship doesn't dock.

I'd suggest those still focused on this consider reading about this port and the difficulties associated for a large cruise ship? Last year my family participated in a Busybus tour from Liverpool and found this to be a wonderful, professional organization. I'd expect I'm with the majority. Would be great if Holyhead could provide a competent docking arrangement for cruise ships (no wonder it is used by very few companies).

DJ:)

• 10 months later...