Coldwater Creek - News

magandab

I'm sure several of you got this email today. Looks like Coldwater Creek may resurrect at a future date and will now have a connection to Talbots.

Dear Coldwater Creek Customer,

As a valued Coldwater Creek customer, we are writing to inform you that the Coldwater Creek brand and certain other assets, including its customer list, have been acquired by CWC Direct LLC. We acquired these assets because we believe in the Coldwater Creek brand and we intend to re-launch the Coldwater Creek business in the future. We hope to regain your business by offering you great products and value consistent with Coldwater Creek's 30 year heritage.

The customer list that CWC Direct LLC acquired contains personal information, including your name and email address. As stated above, we acquired these assets because we hope to win your business back in the future when we re-launch Coldwater Creek, and no action is required on your part to remain on the customer list.

We have also changed the Coldwater Creek privacy policy, which can be found here so that we can share your personal information with The Talbots, Inc, ("Talbots"), an affiliate of CWC Direct LLC, because we believe that Talbots products may be of interest to you. Talbots would use your personal information in accordance with its privacy policy, which can be found here. You have the right to opt-out of these changes to the Coldwater Creek privacy policy, which means that Talbots will not use your personal information that CWC Direct LLC has acquired. If you choose to opt out of these changes, you will continue to receive information about Coldwater Creek. If you would like to opt-out of these changes, please click here before June 20, 2014.

The purchase of the customer list by CWC Direct LLC was approved by the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware on May 7, 2014. As a result of the purchase, you have the right to opt-out of having your email address transferred to CWC Direct LLC, but we hope that you'll stay so that we can keep you informed of the Coldwater Creek re-launch. If you would like to opt-out of having your email address transferred to CWC Direct LLC and therefore not receive further information about Coldwater Creek or Talbots, please click here before June 20, 2014. Please note that processing your opt-out request may take time and as a result you may receive communications from Coldwater Creek for a period after you choose to opt out.

We truly value your loyalty to Coldwater Creek and hope that you will continue to remain on our customer list so that we can update you as we get closer to the re-launch of the brand. We appreciate your patience and trust, and look forward to having the opportunity to provide you with quality service and products from the re-launched Coldwater Creek in the future.

Sincerely,

CWC Direct LLC

Both Talbots and Coldwater Creek closed a couple of years ago in Fort Lauderdale after being there for only a few years. Perhaps they do well in other markets.

Edited by royalcruz

I was in a Coldwater Creek store this week and was surprised when the saleswomen told me that the store was still receiving brand new merchandise. I asked them when they were clsoing and they said they didn't know and no one will tell them.

I wonder if the plan is to relaunch Talbots and CWC under some new name or what the plan will be. I would really miss Talbots, to tell the truth, if it changes a lot and tries to appeal to a different (younger) market.

I wonder if the plan is to relaunch Talbots and CWC under some new name or what the plan will be. I would really miss Talbots, to tell the truth, if it changes a lot and tries to appeal to a different (younger) market.

They already are trying for a younger market . Since the real Liz Clairbone brand went belly or cheapened down about ten years ago I have been floundering in finding clothes that are good for an older but still hip woman . I wear JJill but sometimes I need clothes that are not casual .

They already are trying for a younger market . Since the real Liz Clairbone brand went belly or cheapened down about ten years ago I have been floundering in finding clothes that are good for an older but still hip woman . I wear JJill but sometimes I need clothes that are not casual .

I really miss the original Liz Claiborne brand too! I used to make a killing in their outlets! What they now sell in Penney's is so cheap-looking/poorly-made and the Liz Claiborne NY brand sold by QVC is boring in comparison to what they used to sell in department stores. I loved their modern, business-appropriate style and have not really found anything else that replaces them.

KK

I hope they don't merge - Talbots is about the only place I can get plus sized suits that aren't completely cheap and crappy! I'm worried if they merge it would push out the suits. I do hope Coldwater Creek will come back, though, as they have great casual pieces.

DON'T BE FOOLED they are buying the name and has nothing at all to do with the people who made Coldwater Creek a great place to work and shop or return any of them to employment. All locations are closing, they don't know the exact date because each store is different, but close they will with ALL inventory being liquidated...

Whatever they "relaunch" with will be using your email to sell you product they think you will like, but has nothing to do with the Coldwater Creek that exists today.

• 2 weeks later...

I love Talbots and most if my work wear comes from there. I'm not really a fan of Coldwater Creek and never had much luck there. I agree that Talbots went downhill quite a bit, but this year they seem to have improved styling and fabric quality (good!).

I've needed more formal workwear this year and have bought suit separates at Von Maur. I know this chain isn't in many cities, but they have a great selection of clothes for women who don't want super low rise pants or short, tight jackets. They have a Calvin Klein white faux tuxedo jacket right now that I'm lusting over. Figure it would be great over a little dress for dinner on a cruise.

Edited by JanineM