Cabin Disappointment - Quest (Moved Posts)

TrulyBlonde

Therefore, this room issue was serious to us and they were made aware upon embarkation and the room butler even told them of the odor. AZ also told me they could not change our room because they were "sold out". I inquired with the young woman that checks your room card upon entering and leaving the ship and she too me they were not sold out and about 50 pp remaining unused. Hmmmm....

Portofinoitaly, just curious. Did you get and compensation from AZ for you enduring a clearly sub-standard stateroom? If not, if it was me, I would be having some serious discussions with AZ.

Yes, I did but only after AZ told me to contact my travel agent at Amex Platinum did they correct problems. This is day before we leave the ship that this is now taken care of. 1st the Ship Director sent a nice bottle of champagne. We sent it back with a nice note saying we cannot take it on plane and cannot drink all of it in one night.Thanks but no thanks. They then continuously called our cabin and we were told they wanted to resolve this issue on ship before it goes elsewhere (Amex or higher ups?) At this point I was so fed up with the phone calls to our cabin we settled for $1000 and they also gave some credit for a future cruise which we knew we would never take. We settled because they were really starting to irritate us. I could care less about the $1000 because the room experience ruined it for us. I did not care about any compensation and this cost me close to $1000 to have to change my air tickets because there was no way I was going on the Croatia Oct 2014 trip with them. Cancelled and never again.

But, we will not stop cruising..just with another cruise line.