Melia, Wyndham or Junkaroo?

big al

Hi guys- I will be in Nassau at the end of October on a 5 night Oasis cruise..we will be in Nassau from 8A-5PM...I went to the Sheraton last year on our Disney cruise, but when we got there it started raining, so we left..I know it's the Melia now..question: There are 8 of us going on this port, and I want to know what you think of the Wyndham- it's $20 for the day, $10 cheaper than the Melia..I like that it has a hot tub ( or so it says..) , the Sheraton didn't have one I remember..how's the pool & beach at the Wyndham? Also, I know Junkaroo is free and has restrooms, food & drinks, but how's the beach? I'm trying to keep costs down since we are splurging a bit in Cozumel 2 days later..BTW, I've been to Nassau 10 times..but this is the first time with 6 others..BTW, scubagirl, any help you can give, that would be great...Thanks to all...

Big Al

Just read on Trip Advisor that there are 2 negatives about Junkaroo beach: 1st, the locals can drive you crazy, and we don't want to be bothered...and 2) the music is played LOUD, which I also don't want to hear, and it's not reggae or Bahamian music, but loud hip hop or rap...Cabbage beach has the same problems with the locals..will I be bothered at the Melia or the Wyndham as well?

Big Al

Hi- We were at the Melia in March- there is a whirlpool and the pools are good, as is the beach. Had been to Wyndham before- much prefer the Melia (had been there when it was the Sheraton also.)

Thanks so much cruiseapril! I guess it's worth the $10 difference,especially after I read terrible reviews on Trip Advisor on the Wyndham....

Big Al

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...